Current Healthy Food Addiction

Options
1235»

Replies

• Kayciemae02
    Kayciemae02 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love raspberries (which aren't in season here anymore), pink lady apples and ruby red grapefruit.

Currently my big thing is pitas stuffed with turkey, greens and added some pico de gallo for lunch. YUM!
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    buffalo jerky from trader joes....im a little obsessed with this little bag for about 6dollars...but it is OH SO WORTH IT

I love any kind of jerky! I really like Turkey Jerky!! I can't remember the brand but its in a yellow and black bag. Its by the cash wrap at Walmart. I will definitely have to try the one you suggested.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Pb2 - Powdered Peanut Butter!!! Mix with water to make peanut butter. It's 45 cals for 2 tbls compared to 190cals of real PB!
    Only downside is you have to order it on-line.

I order mine online too but heard from someone Whole Foods sometimes carries PB2 as well.

So.... PB2 with extra water so it's more like a drizzle.... over 100 calorie Healthy Choice frozen greek yogurt in blueberry or strawberry. Yum!
  • lapinu390
    lapinu390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap pea and mange touts and probiotic strawberry yoghurt :)
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I bet thats better than a deviled egg!! Yumm!
    Hard boiled eggs (white only) stuffed with some Emerald Valley Garlic & Greek Olive hummus. Great hit of protein, tastes delicious, quick and easy.

Don't get into a yolk fight, people-- I just hate the taste and texture of yolks.

I am gonna try egg whites with hummus! Thanks.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've never tried edamame, I don't even know if they sell it out here anywhere. I live in the sticks, and not too many healthy eaters out here, so it's hard to find healthy stuff sometimes...but...what do you do with it, what does it look like, and how do you cook it, if you cook it???? Also, my favorite healthy snack is red seedless grapes with 2 wedges of laughing cow lite creamy swiss. It may sound weird, but the cheese tastes kind of like cream cheese. You have to try it! It is sooooo yummy! :happy:

I buy it frozen. It's usually with the other bagged vegetables. You don't eat the pods, just the seeds inside. I steam them in a bowl with a tiny bit of water in the microwave. (but you can boil them) They are great by themselves with a little course salt, or in salads and stir fries! It's getting a lot more popular so hopefully you can find some somewhere!
    edamame.jpg

Thank you so much!!! I will give them a try! :wink:
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I bet thats better than a deviled egg!! Yumm!
    Hard boiled eggs (white only) stuffed with some Emerald Valley Garlic & Greek Olive hummus. Great hit of protein, tastes delicious, quick and easy.

Don't get into a yolk fight, people-- I just hate the taste and texture of yolks.

I am gonna try egg whites with hummus! Thanks.

awesome idea for a snack!! trying this
  • BigJza
    BigJza Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    orange cherry tomatoes!!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    carrots

rice and seaweed

soft boiled eggs
  • curvycarrie
    curvycarrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    honey crisp apples and peanut butter! MMMmmM
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    fresh sweet cherries. In season here now.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with cinnamon and natural chunky peanut butter, could eat it every meal
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My Protein's - Impact Whey Protein Banoffee flavour! mmmmmmmm!