People who log your food should read this

Options
12346»

Replies

• kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have just changed something now - Someone had put 'Warburtons - Crumpets with butter), and the values were all exact for a crumpet WITHOUT butter! why would you do that? are you trying to kid yourself?
    I changed the title, but I am not sure if it saves for the whole database
  • corrinadavis
    Options
    OMG, are you for real...I thought everything on the food lists were accurate, silly me for thinking that some food items are not put in correctly. I have had to put some food items into the system and always look at the label, this is very important. Another option for those who only want to use their own measurements is when you put the food item in, the progam asks you if you want to share this food with others. if it is not as the labeled item shows, do not share it, this would mean that it is incorrect. Thank you for bringing this up, now I am going to have to take more time looking to make sure my food items are correct, being that I eat pretty much the same foods in a five week period, this should not be to hard, but trusting what is on the system is no longer something I will do if this is the case.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Well I'll probably get beaten up for this, but I do low carb and subtract fiber from carbs. I appreciate that there are many items listed with adjusted or net carbs. When I search, I add the word"carbs" to my search and it brings up the information I need. They are always labeled as such so you don't have to use that one. Just because I do things differently than you does not make me WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Check out my ticker. This lifestyle works for me. I know it's not for everyone but that doesn't make everyone else wrong. Do what works for you. But please leave my adjusted carb entries alone.

Ok, let the blasting begin. I can ake it.
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I noticed this the first day I was logging. Now I double check everything on the national database or enter my own stats and don't enter them in the database, especially if I don't put things like calcium, or cholesterol, etc. If I have all the info I'll enter it. The database counts on everyone entering items properly; unfortunately, that doesn't always happen. I was looking up a low-carb bread last week - there were several entries for exactly what I was looking for - and I checked each one - and only two were accurate. The others had been entered willy-nilly.
  • brinkcraven
    Options
    I just signed up here after searching a few times over the course of several months for restaurant and whole food nutritional information and the results were mostly ridiculous. Now I understand it is not as easy to procure the nutritional info for restaurants&whole foods as it may be for packaged food. But I only use this application for restaurants and whole foods personally because thats all I eat. anyway, I looked up some info about these foods and it said that the "deep fried avocado taco" has 300 total calories and has ZERO fat calories! LOL. wha, I said to myself!!! Anyway, this is more than a little frustrating for me who like I said doesnt even eat packaged foods. I really want to use this service because I think its great but when you look up a whole food item and it has 20 different results for "a small hass avocado" its pretty annoying. I just average those numbers which is not a huge deal but giving outright false info (like the zero fat cals in a fried food anything) is dangerous to those who dont know any better. Anyway I just wanted to ask that everyone THINK about other people using this service before you post nutritional info please!