Come clean

Options

Replies

• _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Seriously? And by what do you mean "clean" are you stating that processed foods are not clean? I mean, I dont have to wash them off....

yes you do....cuz then they aren't clean LOLOLOL
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I can only think of one case where I've had my cart commented on. A cart full of fruits, veggies, and chicken at Costco. All really healthy.
    And then there is my son, holding on to the container of peanut butter cups for dear life.

The cashier just laughed a lot at that.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have never cared what others thing about me, nor do I care what others do to themselves, including what they buy or eat. I buy it for me.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay it too much mind if I have a large variety of things. However, I do wonder what the cashier is thinking when my items consist of, say, 2 dozen condoms, wood glue, popsicles, and peanut butter.

Or... duct tape, vodka, nylon rope, and a cheap pink stuffed animal. And pretzel M&M's

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Sounds a little too familiar to purchases I've made! haha
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Honestly may favorite is when I go to the grocery store right after the gym wearing a tank top and all I buy are fatty pork products, ice cream and beer. I'm like, what? I LIVE off this stuff!

Only in Florida.... put on a shirt!

Its even better when its a true wife beater and I'm in cut offs, flip flops and wearing my Skoal Chew cap . . .

yeah, I knew you'd say that. :tongue:
    It's getting cool out now, though. I'm going to have to wear real clothes. Hate that.

Seriously, 65f today was no joke! I had to wear a sweatshirt on the beach.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I dont care if the cashier or anyone else ever comments on my cart. I have however; had some random stranger walk up to my cart riffle through it look at me and go " I don't believe someone your size truly eats all this food" my cart was full of vegetables, meat, yogurt etc. yeah I looked at her cart and went "Well that is nice" and walked away.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Honestly may favorite is when I go to the grocery store right after the gym wearing a tank top and all I buy are fatty pork products, ice cream and beer. I'm like, what? I LIVE off this stuff!

Only in Florida.... put on a shirt!

Its even better when its a true wife beater and I'm in cut offs, flip flops and wearing my Skoal Chew cap . . .

yeah, I knew you'd say that. :tongue:
    It's getting cool out now, though. I'm going to have to wear real clothes. Hate that.

Seriously, 65f today was no joke! I had to wear a sweatshirt on the beach.

I feel your pain. It's been freezing here, hasn't gotten above 65 in weeks! :sad:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Things I've learned from this thread :

1. There are a lot of people here with their heads so far up their own *kitten* that their barber is probably also their proctologist.
    2. There are almost as many people who wouldn't recognize sarcasm if it was branded on their foreheads.
    3. Nothing else.

C'mon guys. It was a light hearted post. Just poking fun of myself, and others, for those times when we feel a little proud of ourselves for our (probably only recently adopted) eating habits. Did it really have to devolve into mud-slinging and judgement?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

1. There are a lot of people here with their heads so far up their own *kitten* that their barber is probably also their proctologist.
    2. There are almost as many people who wouldn't recognize sarcasm if it was branded on their foreheads.
    3. Nothing else.

C'mon guys. It was a light hearted post. Just poking fun of myself, and others, for those times when we feel a little proud of ourselves for our (probably only recently adopted) eating habits. Did it really have to devolve into mud-slinging and judgement?

Aren't you judging those who you think have a cart that's "inferior" to yours?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

3. Nothing else.

Aren't you judging those who you think have a cart that's "inferior" to yours?

Please find the quote where I said other people's carts were "inferior". I'll wait.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

3. Nothing else.

Ain't dat da strait troof!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Not the cashier- but I like to see the shame on the face of the person checking out behind me when they have a bunch sugary cereals, frozen pizzas and icecreams. Does this make me evil?

:devil: :drinker:
  • cjburke12
    cjburke12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I personally do not need a cashier to validate me or what's in my cart.
  • glistug
    glistug Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if they did notice. But one thing I've noticed is, when you shop healthy like that, the cost really seems to climb. Not saying it isn't worth it, but fresh food isn't cheap.
  • Neechi43
    Options
    Like a lot of the other posters here - the cashiers are usually way too busy trying to figure out just what these weird green, orange, yellow, red and purple things are that I am trying to buy ...

However, the other day I took my 5 year old with me on what we like to call "Daddy-style" grocery shopping. The goal of Daddy-style shopping is to get through the entire grocery store in less than 15 minutes with a full cart. I started down one aisle and she yelled out "Daddy - no! This is a CRAP aisle" and the lady behind us busted out in laughter.

A couple of aisles later, I was picking up some fruit and veggie juice boxes for her school lunch and she told another woman who was filling up her cart with Hi-C juice boxes; "You know that is just sugar-water, right?" The lady just looked at her and started putting the Hi-C back...

Teach 'em young, I say.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I hate it when cashiers comment on my purchases, no matter what they are. I once was buying a pregnancy test and had a cashier say "good luck". Are you kidding me?!?! Just shut your mouth and ring me up!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Not the cashier- but I like to see the shame on the face of the person checking out behind me when they have a bunch sugary cereals, frozen pizzas and icecreams. Does this make me evil?
    Gee, you sound nice.

Sorry hun, you'll never see shame on my face, and my grocery cart is regularly stocked with the items you listed.

:drinker:

I'm not a big ice cream eater, but there's always pizza and bacon. And I could care less what anyone else thinks about it. So judge away, cause I'm not listening.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Last week I was at the checkstand and the cashier picked up my beets and asked me what they were. She said "Eew, beets! Gross! Nobody ever buys those. I don't know the code. I'm gonna have to look these up." I love beets. Whatever. :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    I hate it when cashiers comment on my purchases, no matter what they are. I once was buying a pregnancy test and had a cashier say "good luck". Are you kidding me?!?! Just shut your mouth and ring me up!

I think I'm going to say that next time someone buys condoms.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Gee, you sound nice.

Sorry hun, you'll never see shame on my face, and my grocery cart is regularly stocked with the items you listed.

:drinker:

I'm not a big ice cream eater, but there's always pizza and bacon. And I could care less what anyone else thinks about it. So judge away, cause I'm not listening.

If only this were real.

dgL7Bh3I1j0e953c53U2QPdfo1_500.png