5'7 tall, what is your ultimate goal?

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and originally set a goal weight of 130 lbs. I am there and now focusing on making my body look bangin' rather than focusing on some number on the scale.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    My ultimate goal is 5'10" or 5'11". So far the measuring tape hasn't budged. Any tips??

YOGA! It will stretch you out!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    My ultimate goal is 5'10" or 5'11". So far the measuring tape hasn't budged. Any tips??

highlife-801cr.jpg

omg, elizabeth! lmao! Perfect for taso!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    To nail Halle Berry
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    5'6.5'', and currently 119, with a somewhat large frame. I want to gain muscle, and am fine with weighing 125-130 because of it.
  • DLH45
    DLH45 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 also. I was happy at 155 which I got down to 5 yrs ago. Now of course I'm back up. Thats my goal weight for now though.
  • zilea
    zilea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. My goal is anywhere between 115-125. I wouldn't want to be any lighter than 115 at the very lowest.
  • koridoobah
    koridoobah Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im about 5' 8'' and my goal is to get to 180 lbs (I'm at 238 lbs now), but once I get to that goal I am sure I would like to keep going :)
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I have swung between 155-175 since I graduate college in '08. I have an athletic build and I tend to carry more weight than most people guess, believe it or not I was a dance major at 145-155. I am at 166 right now with an immediate goal of 150, if I can maintain that for 6 mos I would like to possibly get down to 145 but can't see getting below that and maintaining the lifestyle that I prefer. I am more concerned with slimming down and droppping sizes than my actual weight.
  • lhalket
    lhalket Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-7 with a medium to large frame and my goal is 140-145 - still have quite a ways to go even though it's slowly coming off. :/
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 118 currently, my ultimate goal is to reduce body fat and increase muscle.. whether that means weighing more or less. I have a pretty small frame such that if I'm at 130 (135 was my highest weight) I look very pudgy. I found I looked best at my lowest weight, 110... but that was with no weight training.
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I started at 196 I am currently 178lbs and I will finish at 130lbs :bigsmile: I am 25 with a medium frame
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 49 years old. In January 2011, I weighed 200, tracked calories on another site down to 165 and held there until now, more or less (tend to gain a little in the summers and around the holidays, then track for a few weeks to get it back off).

I'm at 167 right now, with a goal of 150 or so. I've been a lot happier at 165-170 than I ever was at 200, but now want to see if losing more weight will (a) improve my running from slower-than-molasses-in-January to maybe about-as-slow-as-molasses-on-a-nice-spring-day and (b) reduce my belly fat.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" ( and a half?)
    46 years old for sure:wink:
    I too am small boned, small frame with a long torso and legs and pear-shaped.
    Between 120-125#
  • metram
    metram Posts: 3
    Options
    Excellent question..my first goal was 150 lbs, but when I talked to a trainer at the beginning of the year I was told my Body fat was 30% even though I've lost over 20 lbs and I am a size 8. Now I think I should be between 135-140 with more muscle, but don't know when I will get there!!
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7
    28 years old
    medium frame- inverted v shape so i have thinner legs/butt with broader shoulders and hold my weight in the arms, chest and stomach
    currently 145
    goal of 130-135
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7, small frame and I've had two kids.

I am currently aiming for 135 lbs but I am building muscle not just losing fat.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" with a medium to large frame. I started at 216, and I'm 209 right now. I would like to get down to 155-160. I remember being that size, and not liking how I looked, because I just wasn't fit. This time, I hope to make that weight look better by working out and getting lean.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm at my heaviest weight right now (160). NOT happy about it, but you know: new house, getting engaged, living together and eating everything...it takes a toll. My best weight was 125, and I'd kill to get back there. I'll take 135, which is my current goal, and hope I can reach it for my wedding this August. Good luck to you!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" with a medium frame, and I'm bottom heavy. I always have a tiny waist and thinner arms, then I get hips and thighs out of nowhere.

My ultimate goal weight is 135, but I've never been there (except, I guess, on the way up). I'm currently pregnant, but before getting pregnant, I'd lost 82 lbs and hit 153.8. For some reason I can never break the 150 barrier. Once I start MFP over again postpartum, I plan on doing lots of strength work as well, and I'd be pretty happy at 150 (or close to it) if I looked toned/muscular. At 153.8 I was solidly in a size 6 (US) and a size 4 in some stores but was kind of skinny fat. I worked out a lot and did gain leg muscle (mainly from running and Spinning), but it was all cardio, so I was sort of flabby, not counting my gain in leg muscle.

ETA that I'm 32 with a 2-year-old and 23 weeks pregnant.