5'7 tall, what is your ultimate goal?

Options

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", pear shaped, medium frame.

I started MFP at 175 and a size 12/14 (US).

I am maintaining at 145 and wear a size 6 or 8.

Click on my profile if any of you 5'7" ladies want to see the breakdown of what weight I was at different sizes and how long it took.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I have swung between 155-175 since I graduate college in '08. I have an athletic build and I tend to carry more weight than most people guess, believe it or not I was a dance major at 145-155. I am at 166 right now with an immediate goal of 150, if I can maintain that for 6 mos I would like to possibly get down to 145 but can't see getting below that and maintaining the lifestyle that I prefer. I am more concerned with slimming down and droppping sizes than my actual weight.

I'm in your boat: people never think I'm as old as I am (28) or weigh what I do (160), at 5'7". I'd love to get back down to 125, but I'd even take 130 or 135.
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm 5'7" med-large frame and my current goal is 162. That should put me at 35% bf which the fat to fit calculator says is top end of healthy for my age range (43 next month). When I get there I'll see how I feel but my main focus is on being stronger and healthier rather than a number on a scale. And I really want to avoid skinny fat which is how I ended up with such a high bf% even though I weighed 143.
  • sbraymond
    Options
    I'm 5'7" - I started out at 196 and am now down to 164 - I've been in a plateau for 4 weeks now. My goal is 150 for now, ideally I'd like to get to 140. First, I have to get out of this plateau - anyone any suggestions. I've changed my exercises, I'm eating 1200 calories a day or less - very discouraged.
  • kp82883
    kp82883 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8, hour glass figure, curvy. I like to be aruond 145-150.
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My goal is 140. Before I gained so much weight I was a steady 120-130 and I just looked too skinny. I think I will be happiest and healthiest at 140.

Edit to add: people don't think I weigh as much as I do. Lucky for me I'm long-waisted, and even though the majority of my weight is in my belly, I've learned to hide it well.
  • runningfataway
    Options
    5'7 pear shaped and I would say large frame. When I lose fat, I'll still have large feet and hands. I'm currently 221 or so, and I'd like to be at least 180 for now. I've realized that even when I was 203, I didn't look too big. Majority of my fat is in my mid section very unequal.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and small framed so my goal is a bit under where a lot of women my height would put theirs. My goal is 135 right now. If/when I get there I'll see if I want to go down to 130.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" - I started out at 196 and am now down to 164 - I've been in a plateau for 4 weeks now. My goal is 150 for now, ideally I'd like to get to 140. First, I have to get out of this plateau - anyone any suggestions. I've changed my exercises, I'm eating 1200 calories a day or less - very discouraged.

I'm not trying to pawn you off on another thread, but you should read this. It's incredibly helpful. I wish I had seen it earlier, but now I'm pregnant and not losing, so I can't make use of it at the moment. However I will be later this year!

It helps you set proper goals so that you are eating enough, not depriving yourself, and still losing/getting to your goals.

I hope it's helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • ksal5
    ksal5 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and currently weigh 190, small to medium frame, I have been down to 140 in my younger days, now 43 yoa. My short term goal is 160 and if I'm not happy I will push toward my long term goal for 150. I know for my age and height, 140 would be almost impossible to maintain.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    120 and/or 18% body fat. Currently 130(ish) at 22% body fat. 43 years young!
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    5'7". I never much watched the scale but more went by the size of my clothes. I look great as a size 6. I was happiest as a size 4.
  • mireyap21
    Options
    im 5'8 and i think im medium/large frame im not sure i got broad shoulders and currently 171 i would like to be 135..but it may be too low for my shape..as long as i look good naked doesnt matter the weight :)
  • Lammerchops
    Lammerchops Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", and definitely an ectomorph with a small frame. My goal is 120.

If I absolutely don't work out and eat every piece of junk food in sight, I'll get up as high as 134-ish. When I'm somewhat active and somewhat aware of what I eat, I weight in at around 128-130.

If I'm consistent with exercise and don't eat junk, the weight starts to come off. Just how much, I have no idea, because I've never eaten clean for an extended period of time in my entire life. Figured it's worth a shot. I'm in my 30s and it's time to grow up re: diet, especially since it doesn't match the type of lifestyle I live.
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 43. I started at 169 and my original goal weight was 140. I am now 131 and my goal is to stay between 130-134. I am smaller than I've been in living memory and wearing pants sizes that are totally unfamiliar! I don't plan to get below 130 - I think that would not be good for me.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    38 years old (almost 39)
    medium/large frame
    SW - 260
    CW - 175
    GW - 157

That goal weight puts me slightly within the normal range for our height per BMI. I remember being in the 140's when I was in high school 20+ years ago (the last time I was anywhere near a normal weight) but I also wasn't nearly as athletic as I am now so I think muscle weight is going to play a factor. Once I get there, scale weight isn't going to be as important to me as body fat percent but I'd like to get closer to 150 so I can bounce around in that range and not worry about it too much.
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and met

1st short term goal in one years time..to not be obese..hit 195 and going down.

2nd short term goal 165 to not be overweight...giving myself 6 months..... Once I hit 165..and yes I am gonna get there.....I will see from there. Honestly I don't ever remember being below 159.

Good luck..Stick with it...Dont forget to track and download new mobile version...I like it better...Verson 2.6...
  • kariannmbc
    Options
    5'7"
    My ultimate goal is 5'10" or 5'11". So far the measuring tape hasn't budged. Any tips??

highlife-801cr.jpg

Mine too! All the stretching, yoga, etc, just isn't making it happen yet.

Joking aside, I'm 5'6.5", and my main goal is 145, super goal is 130. Right now I'm about 185.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and 5'7"....

Starting weight: 172.6
    Current weight: 169.3
    Ultimate goal: 145-150

Hoping to reach this goal no later than July/Aug. Looking for friends with similar goals and height so please add me if you're fairly active on MFP and looking for some motivation and new friends. :)