how long till you lost your first 20 pounds?

Options
12346»

Replies

• canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    6 MONTHS!!! :O yeah.....
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 months to lose 20 pounds. The slower you lose the better. I have been doing this for 6 months and I have only lost 22 pounds. (I had a rough patch over the holidays). 7 pounds in 3 weeks is amazing. That is 2+ pounds a week. As long as the scale is going down you are doing something right. Unless it is going down too fast.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    took me 15 days to lose 20 lbs. but i also have a ton to lose!
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Two weeks, but that was after Bariatric surgery
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well let you know since I just lost 10 lbs since Jan 1st of this year.I have about 30 to go.My start wieght after having two daughters 19 months apart 150 and now 139.Im feeling good i have lost inches too I exercise 3 to 4 times a week and try and eat right too.Im 4ft 10in in case you wondered thats why getting down to around 105 to 110 would be fine.My youngest is turning a a year old March 9th.
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Not exactly sure. Starting at 170, it took me about 3 1/2 to 4 months. I just changed my diet, though, not my exercise level. The more I lose, the more it slows down....
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It took 10 weeks for me to lose my first 20 lbs, but I wasn't outrageously overweight to start with so the weight came off at a slow and steady pace. I was happy with it.
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    In 10 days I lost 10 lbs and then it slowed down. I'm in it for the long run, so I'm taking it day by day.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I started my diet on Nov 1st and as of yesterday I have lost 19 pounds. But I have MS and can't exercise like I would want to
  • Britta1229
    Options
    I started 1/12/13 and as of today have lost 19. But I also started at 248. (Now 229!) Goal weight is 170.

Good luck! It will slowly but surely happen!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!