Eating Chik-fil-A for lunch

Options

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh, the traditional Biblical definition of marriage: one man and his seven hundred wives and three hundred concubines. (1 Kings 11:3.)
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    We had CFA for lunch. I used to get the sweet tea, till I saw the calories. Now unsweetened for me. I completely forgot to get a side salad (with my dressing from home), and had fries instead. Oh well.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I've never been to or heard of this chick-fil-a place people are speaking of. I went to the website and the food looks kind of gross. What's so good about it?
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Nobody said Chicken Minis! I swear I could eat about 15 boxes of that heavenly goodness from CFA. Ours just opened in my town today, too afraid to drive by. :)
  • butterflies4freedom
    Options
    I have one cheat day a week and decide to just go out to whatever restaurant I am in the mood for....I honestly don't have too many cravings -since the food that is delicious winds up leaving me with stomach issues. But I eat Chick-Fil-A's Chargrilled chicken sandwich at least 2-3 times a week w/a packet of light mayo....I honestly don't like the Original Chicken sandwich as much but it is pretty yummily! : )
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    What on EARTH does the definition of marriage, etc, have to do with EATING CHICKEN!? :huh:

FOCUS, PEOPLE. :laugh:

CHIKN IZ GOOD.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Chicken had nothing to do with marriage equality . . .until the president of Chick-fil-a went out of his way to insult many of his potential customers. If you like your chicken with an extra side of discrimination, that is your right. Personally, I don't support companies that attack my family.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    So this is the deal people......

While some of you may think "well it's chicken and the guy has a right to think what he wants.."

Yes you're right. Everyone has a right to their own thoughts.

HOWEVER, when a company gives money to support the KILL THE GAYS bill - that means YOUR MONEY that you are spending at Chick Fil A is being used to support KILLING OTHER HUMANS.

Is that how your money is best spent? I know iit wasn't all of the money but if I knew even so much of a penny of my money was used to defend KILLING anyone, I would NEVER spend that penny there- PERIOD-END OF STORY....

The other issue is the definition of "traditional" marriage.

Do you realize that traditional marriage was one man and MANY MANY women- that it was done so that the father ould GIVE AWAY his bride as PROPERTY- It wasn't about love or anything NEARLY what we believe marriage is today.

If people want to talk Bible quotes, why cherry pick them?

Why is divorce legal? Why aren't cheaters stoned? Not that a condone that, but the way some people STICK to the whole anti gay marriage thing just baffles me. Maybe it's the one "sin" that they are not part of so they villinize it to make themselves feel better. Plus, those who protest much..... hmmm!

Why are some people worried about gay marriage when there is over a 50 percent divorce rate?

Love is love is love. 2 consenting adults is not an adult and a child, is not incest, is not an adult and an animal.

But yes- those of you who use their money to spend at chick fil a are getting not only greasy junk but can go to sleep at night knowing that the money they spent supports a bill in Uganda to have GAY PEOPLE MURDERED.

END OF STORY!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    WOW, did this one ever get off track!

102482.png
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Hot wings! They are LOADED with fat and salt :( At least they are a good source of protein :laugh:
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Sadly, those who preach tolerance are often the most intolerant.
    Supporting the traditional definition of marriage doesn't mean hatred of homosexuals.

I'm proudly intolerant of intolerance. Point it out, call me names, and I'll stand up and say, that's me.

Ummm...
  • mazzasweet
    Options

While some of you may think "well it's chicken and the guy has a right to think what he wants.."

HOWEVER, when a company gives money to support the KILL THE GAYS bill - that means YOUR MONEY that you are spending at Chick Fil A is being used to support KILLING OTHER HUMANS.

Is that how your money is best spent? I know iit wasn't all of the money but if I knew even so much of a penny of my money was used to defend KILLING anyone, I would NEVER spend that penny there- PERIOD-END OF STORY....

Sorry, not truth my friend. Just liberal media propaganda

http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chickfila.asp
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Sorry, not truth my friend. Just liberal media propaganda

http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chickfila.asp

Truth is, anyone who wants to deny gay couples from visiting each other in the hospital, getting the same rights, all in the name of the Bible in which MANY MANY quotes they IGNORE, to me are watching way too mch Fox news-
    no one answered my question as to why the real traditional marriage with many men and lots of women is not considered the real traditional marriage. Why are we not going for that? Why do we not have widows marry their brothers anymore?
  • mazzasweet
    Options
    Merzback like I said to you in reply to your personal "message", we need to love one another...
    “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. " John 13:34-35

I don't hate anyone - gay or straight - I am called to love, just as you are.

There was never ANY proof that CFA funded killing... so unless you can show proof, I don't believe that.
    BUT... the kicker is that I am vegetarian so I don't eat CFA anyway.... I try to be someone who truly believes in equal rights!
  • mazzasweet
    Options
    - I don't deny anyone anything. If I recall there is domestic partnership too....
    - We are ALL equal. I respect your view, you should in return respect mine.
    - I am for love and equal rights - people & animals
    - I don't watch Fox
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    - I don't deny anyone anything. If I recall there is domestic partnership too....
    - We are ALL equal. I respect your view, you should in return respect mine.
    - I am for love and equal rights - people & animals
    - I don't watch Fox

Are you married? I am, and I get LOTS of benefits that are available to me, only because I happen to be straight.

1. Immigration - if I were married to an immigrant, I could sponsor his residency and he could become a citizen. Only because we're straight.
    2. Property rights - if something happens to me unexpectedly, my assets (and custody of my child) will flow nicely to my husband.
    3. Medical crisis - without question, my husband will be able to visit me and make decisions about my life and well-being, and vice versa.
    4. Taxes - there are a lot of tax advantages to being married that aren't given to people who are single. (And if you have a domestic partnership, you are, for purposes of federal tax law, single)
    5. Insurance - I can tack on my husband (but not a domestic partner) onto my insurance policy for peanuts! If I were a lesbian, my partner would have to buy her own insurance.

I, too, used to think that you could just privately contract for everything that marriage offers, but it's just untrue. Every day, I am aware of the privileges I have simply by being born straight.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Pizza, cookies, chocolate, cake ... okay, pretty much all forms of dessert. I really love french fries, too, but for some reason I never feel the urge to use my calories on them.

It's been just over 3 years since I've had fast food, and I can honestly say I don't miss it. I don't feel deprived. It's just one of those things that I've discovered I can live without.

LOL at the idea of Dan Cathy giving money to support some kind of "Kill the Gays" bill. Really? I can't take people seriously when they come up with stuff like that. My goodness, he believes in the Biblical definition of marriage. As far as I'm aware, he has never said gays should die or even that they shouldn't be allowed to visit their loved ones in the hospital. He has said only he doesn't believe in the concept of gay marriage. If you were so supportive of diversity and tolerance, you wouldn't have such an obvious problem with someone espousing a belief that happens to be different from yours.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    5. Insurance - I can tack on my husband (but not a domestic partner) onto my insurance policy for peanuts! If I were a lesbian, my partner would have to buy her own insurance.

Take that up with your insurance company because that is not a legal issue. My insurance policy would cover a domestic partner.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i get chick fila nuggets once a week & put them on a salad...best ever....
    pizza....it's worth workign out for an hour to savor every bite!
  • jflori
    jflori Posts: 25
    Options
    Chick-fil-A is the best! I love pizza & ice cream too :)
This discussion has been closed.