Hot Dogs...

Options

Replies

• EstiloPanama
    Options
    Yay, Deadmau5!!!!!!!

Oh.....and...um, I like hot dogs with good chili and good cheese......

mmmm ;)
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I read about a substitute for hot dogs, years ago in Men's Health. It sounds crazy but actually works, if you like your dogs with the works. Take a medium carrot and peel it and kinda round the ends. Then you boil it in a pot of water with barbeque sauce added. When it is soft enough for your taste, slap it in a bun and add ketchup, mustard, relish, chopped onions- your choice but you need a variety of toppings. It's pretty damn good! And all you ate was a carrot.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    At home, I put grated cheddar cheese, catsup, Tabasco, and tomatoes on a beef hot dog.

catsup? your banned. Boom!
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    between my buns

LMAO
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I like oscar mayer cheese hotdogs with just ketchup and mustard on a hot dog bun. Since dieting I have substituted the turkey and cheddar johnsonville polish sausages with 50% less fat (only 140 calories) but still processed and high in sodium. Worth it though. I also like the little hillshire farms turkey smokies, a chunk of lowcal cheese and wrap in the 1/3 less fat pillsbury crescent rolls and make lower calorie piggies in blankets
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Store brand hot dogs (NOT all beef), barbecued with BBQ sauce, buns toasted with cheese wiz.... add some crispy onions .... mmmm i want one right now
  • daniellect
    Options
    I like my dog with mustard & sauerkraut! And some crunchy potato chips on the side.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    smoothered in Cheez Whiz and grilled SPAM strips on a toasted Martin's potato hot dog roll. Bag of Lays chip for the side dish. Oh, and an ice cold Coke! Don't get no better than that, my friend!

Yum!

Thanks for reminding me. Off to make one now.

I will pay penance tomorrow for my sins!
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Two so far who like it with peanut butter...I will definitely give it a try! Thanks guys!

I've never had peanut butter on a hot dog, but I can vouch for its awesomeness on a burger. With banana.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Summer is not the same without at least one trip to Hanks Dairy Bar for a footlong chili cheese dog! Heaven!!!!
  • cecep5248
    Options
    Too many posts to read through this whole thread, but please...

Tell me some fastidious Southerner made mention of the Varsity's chili cheese slaw dog!

Yes, one of the best I've ever had....but then again I also enjoyed Sabrett's from the corner stand (in DC and NY)with chili, mustard and onions...or Nathan's on Coney Island....man I've got to start traveling again...LOL
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Ikea mustard
  • mkookies
    mkookies Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Turkey dogs in a tortilla wrapped up with jalapenos, onions, peppers, and salsa, then smushed on a george foreman until crispy like a little hot dog panini :smile:

That sounds AWESOME.

Is it weird that I like mayonnaise on my hot dogs, along with some regular chips? :) And ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, tomatoes if I have them.

I haven't had a hot dog in a lonnng time!
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ikea mustard

I love Ikea's Swedish mustard! best mustard I've ever had.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I was driving through Atlanta on Thursday night and I passed the Varsity. This thread had me in the mood for a hot dog so I stopped there...definitely some awesome dogs there. Had a slaw dog and a chili slaw dog. Delicious.
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I lime mine grilled with ketchup (sorry Chicagoans) , mustard and relish.

I was actually craving one today so I stopped at wawa and had a second lunch.:drinker:
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut and mustard

Chili sauce, mustard, jalapenos, dill pickles, cheese, AND ketchup

Carolina Slaw dog at Steak N' Shake

Lately, though: turkey dog with ketchup, mustard, and jalapenos
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    1) Chicago Style. (NO KETCHUP)

2) I feel bad for folks who don't live in NYC and have never experienced Crif Dogs, where you can get a bacon wrapped hot dog with teriyaki, pineapple and green onions - among many other ridiculous combinations.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My favorite topping is raw saukraut or kimchi. Why do I only eat hot dogs in the summer? They are so good!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Mustard, chopped onions and chilli. Two dogs "all the way"