30 Day Shred!

Options

Replies

• tarasheehan1
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred... and on level 2, day 6. (Day 7 tomorrow and then onto level 3) It's STILL kicking my butt!
  • tarasheehan1
    Options
    I quote Jillian Michaels under "Circuit training general" the Jillian Michaels that is listed in the system isn't correct!
  • flutterbug123
    flutterbug123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred today :) ADD ME
  • lappy16
    lappy16 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have just finished day 2 aswell. Feel free to add me.
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do Shred a couple of times a week. I like Level 2 better than Level 1. I have to modify all of the jumping and moves hard on the knees (mostly the cardio) because of an old knee injury, but I still feel like I am getting a decent workout. I am also really conscious of not leaning forward or bending my knees past my ankles. I was very happy that I could do it with these modifications and not hurt myself!
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Do you find that with the skipping that your calf muscles go really really tight of is it just me?
  • lazykerry
    lazykerry Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Day 1 kicked my butt so hard that I had to take a full week off to recover. I couldn't walk, stand, sit, or even lie down comfortably! But I picked it up again a week later and have done it everyday for the past 3 weeks without any soreness. However...

After about 4 days on level 1, I noticed that my knees hurt when I walked up and down stairs. I'd read a lot of horror stories about people blowing out their knees with this workout, so now I modify a lot of the moves. In particular, I do mostly static lunges rather than bouncing in and out of them.

I haven't really lost any weight despite doing this every day, keeping my calories under 1200, and running 3-4 10-minute miles every other day. But I am able to 10 perfect push-ups now and couldn't even do 1 when I first started. So I feel good about that :)

Also, I don't log the 30-day shred into myfitnesspal at all as I suspect it would overestimate the number of calories burned.
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    add me anyone, today I am doing level 1 day 3! it's actually getting easier! I also do at least half hour on a stationary bike too every day
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    How have you record it on MFP exercise?

circuit training
  • stephers188
    Options
    Hey guys :) I just started yesterday aswell so I'm on day 2, and it is definately kicking my *kitten* lol! I'm not the best at keeping myself motivated so hopefully we can boost each others will power :) feel free to give me an add!
  • littlmissapril
    littlmissapril Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1D9. Lost 5 Ibs so far:) Can't wait to see my results on day 30. My husband is doing it with me and so far lost 3 Ibs (I have more to lose).
  • socrmom67
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS for 8 days now, I actually felt good enough to go to L2 after 4 days on L1. I was really sore on day 1 and 2 of L1 and then something just snapped (not literally lol) and I felt great! My heart rate gets going and I feel like I'm getting a good workout in L2 but I never got sore, my muscles felt a little tired but not bad at all. I hadn't worked out in months prior to 30 DS but I am active and I wouldn't call L2 easy and I am very careful to use correct form. I haven't lost any weight (eating between 1300-1500 cals @152 lbs) and my clothes are not fitting any differently, I am afraid to take my measurements again for fear I won't see any changes and get REALLY discouraged. 1. Has anyone else had the same "problem" of NOT being sore at the beginning of a level change? 2. How soon should I be able see ANY kind of changes? At least when I was sore it felt like there was change on the horizon. Some people report changes in the first week. I'm really in need of some encouragement.
  • gemwms
    gemwms Posts: 2
    Options
    hi i also started today iv added you. :)
  • MomiTia
    MomiTia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    L1 day 2 i thought i would die if i did it again at 2 am india time , i actually get up n did it, whoa sorry for the brag but m i proud :)
  • ashlee2901
    Options
    I did day 3 level 1! i was so excited to do it but man it was tough today! i had to keep stopping
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting this on Monday, anyone else want to join?
  • stephanieolvera
    Options
    Today will be my third day of level 1. I also do the elliptical on days I don't go to my trainer. Can't believe that it is only 20 minutes long and has me sweating like crazy, especially because I am somewhat used to the exercises. I will be tracking my progress and provide helpful tips along the way on my blog.
    If anyone is interested: http://hangingbellybegone.blogspot.com/
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I finished L1 D9 today! Only one more day of level 1. Excited, but yet not ha ha. I also run every second day. Tomorrow will be W2 D3 of Couch to 5K. If anyone wants to add me I'd be happy!! Good luck everyone...keep shredding!
  • judyrumbold
    Options
    I am 51, 5'1" and weight 173lbs. Started D1 of the 30 day shred yesterday. Not feeling too bad today but have discovered muscles I forgot I had. Add me if you want too. Happy to 'train' together on line with anyone looking for support, a nagging or just for a laugh. Before pictures to be uploaded soon.
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Level 1 is done. REst day tomorrow..