Options
    bump
  • Shannon_H
    Shannon_H Posts: 35
    Options
    I can't be the only one haha! :)
  • patsueglenn
    Options
    I just started 3/1. What is MFP? I know some about calories and weight. No, it doesn't sound right the # of calories you have for intake according to your height and weight. It seems like it should be more.
  • Shannon_H
    Options
    MFP stands for My Fitness Pal :)
  • Shannon_H
    Options
    I'm not really sure where to start. Like let's say I ate 1300 calories for the day, and I also exercised and burned 400 calories. Am I supposed to eat the 400cals that I burned to still keep it at 1300 or does that push me up to 1700? Or do I not eat the 400cals? Ayyyy yi yi!
  • heleine28
    heleine28 Posts: 34
    Options
    Focus on meeting your calorie goal by eatting healthy like you are, once you burn calories from excercise- eat those calories back.

So yes if your goal is 1300 calories and your burning 400 from excercise then your total will indeed be 1700 calories. At the end of the day, don't look at total calories but look at Net Calories. All the weight I have lost has been through eatting my calories back.

Plust if you net under 1200 which would be the case if you dont eat those calories back then you could put your body in starvation mode and then you for sure won't meet your weight goal.
  • nora1666
    nora1666 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200 and am am much taller and weigh more than you do but I usually meet the calorie goals with exercise and watching what I eat. One surprising thing is how much protein I am consuming, considering I am a vegetarian. I am learning quite a bit since I didn't know which foods were very high in protein (like Greek yogurt, for example).
  • ililexy
    ililexy Posts: 9
    Options
    I am also 5,2 and just reached my goal weight today, 104 lbs down from 110. When I was eating less than 1200 I wasn't losing but then I started eating my exercise calories back and to my surprise I started losing!
  • Shannon_H
    Options
    Thank you guys so much, this helps a lot!! I am going to go eat something! lol!
  • Shannon_H
    Options
    I am at 1200 and am am much taller and weigh more than you do but I usually meet the calorie goals with exercise and watching what I eat. One surprising thing is how much protein I am consuming, considering I am a vegetarian. I am learning quite a bit since I didn't know which foods were very high in protein (like Greek yogurt, for example).

I noticed that about the protein as well! Also, I'm shocked at how much sugar I'm consuming and didn't even know it!
  • heleine28
    heleine28 Posts: 34
    Options
    You'll be glad you did cause you will see results but keep an eye your sugar intake if its been high!
  • rachelabdy
    rachelabdy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am on 1250 and usually eat back some of them - just depends on how hungry I am.
    When I deliberately don't eat back exercise cals - after about 3 days I start to feel like crap - really lethargic and yuck! But when I do eat back some or most - I'm not hungry and feel much more energetic and healthy.