My doc suggested JUICING....Who does it?

Options
124»

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    my doctor is the one who does all my injections...

my bad...wrong subject...
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I agree to watch Fat, Sick and nearly dead. There is a ton of info out there and lots of recipes. I was juicing for awhile and really need to get back into it. Thank for the reminder :) and good luck to you. Feel free to add me if you want and maybe we can share experiences.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    What your doctor told you, basically is "i'm a quack. Look for another doctor as soon as possible". That's a loose translation, but pretty accurate
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    As a supplementation to existing diet it may be beneficial. It is a good way to get the micro-nutrients you wouldn't necessarily get because or rather IF you are unlikely to be willing to eat all those random veggies. (I am the woman who has to be tricked like those kids and husbands).

You might use a tool like nutritiondata.self.com to track all your daily foods then look at the micronutrients you are deficient in and search for veggies that provide those micro-nutrients to try to create your juice.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Just say no to Juicers. They throw away up to 90% of the nutrients.
    A powerful blender like the Vita-Mix are much better. Nothing is thrown away.
    We've had our vita-mix for over 8 years now. Love it. Great for blending fruits, vegetables, frozen healthy desserts, soups, hot sauces.
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Whats the differnce between "juicing" and vegtable juice mixed with fruit juice? :huh:
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Whats the differnce between "juicing" and vegtable juice mixed with fruit juice? :huh:

tons of fake sugars