100 pounds to loose? REALLY??

Options
Wow, did I really type that? 100 pounds, how did I get this far out of control...sigh...a friend introduced me to this site, and I am hopeful that one day at a time I can move things in the right direction. I am a type two diabetic, have sleep apnea, and asthma along with the other aches and pains of being overweight. Okay, day one...here I go again.
:smile:

Replies

• kumanekochan
    kumanekochan Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You just have to look at it this way, I need to lose 1 lb this week, I need to drink 8 cups of water a day. I need to track my food this week.
    If you ever need any advice, please befriend me and dont be afraid to message me! There's a group meant for 100+lb losers like us :)

edit, and by losers, i don't mean the insult losers, but those who need to lose that much! haha poor word choice
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can do it! All it takes is motivation, lots of will power, and support! :flowerforyou:
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    And you will. This is a great site to keep track of your eating and exercise. Ps. Added you as a friend. :)
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. Look at my ticker :)

edited to add friend request sent!
  • mwalker73
    Options
    Make baby goals! My goal is always to lose the next 10 lbs. I don't think about the big number at all.
  • catbyrd
    catbyrd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Don;'t feel so bad :smile: I found myself feeling the same way, only with 124 pds to loose. I started the first week of November 2012 and so far have lost 33.8 pounds. It is not as hard as it seems if you just focus and start exercising a little bit at a time so that your body can adjust.

Good luck!!!:flowerforyou:
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp! congrats on your first step, you can do it it will be hard work and it will take some time but you can do it!! feel free to add me.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Accepting reality is part of getting on the road to success, Welcome aboard.
  • skinnyiverson
    Options
    I know the feeling. I also have 100 lbs to loose. I added you as a friend. Maybe we can motivate each other :smile:
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Don't think of how far you need to go, focus on how great you feel. Each pound lost gets easier on your body, health, and mental state. You can do this!
  • grandmasally13
    Options
    Just take it a day at a time - set 5 or 10 pound goals - you can do it. I have faith in you. I'm also sending a friend request, if you are interested. Have a good day! :smile:
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Just added you as a friend.

Agreed...just make smaller goals for yourself and that 100 lbs wont feel like anything. 5 or 10 lb goals and go from there...1 eating goal at a time and so on. You can do this...you are ready!!!

this site is great for tracking and having motivated and inspiring people to keep us going!!!! :)
  • sunnya7
    sunnya7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    you can do it because your worth it :) good luck
  • black_cats
    black_cats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can do it :) I have a similar *if not more* goal.
    Anything is possible if you put your mind to it - good luck!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
  • ej_glen
    ej_glen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have over 100lb to lose too - and I completely agree it can seem terrifying at first.

I'm trying to think of 10lbs at a time and will celebrate every time I hit another 10lb milestone, It makes it seem just a little bit more achievable.

Good luck on your journey!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    you can do this. It's acheivable.
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! Just take one day at a time!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose too. Don't focus on the big number. Break it down. 10 pounds at a time! It doesn't sound so bad when you say you are working on 10 pounds now does it?

I've told myself that I have at least 10 sets of 10 to lose. I've lost my first set so only 9 more to go! Doesn't that sound better than 100 pounds total?

Please focus on smaller goals. When you have so much weight to lose, it can be overwhelming and discouraging. I've had moments where I've just wanted to give up because it seems like it's such a high number. You can do it though! You made the first step by coming here!

I've been here since 2010 but it's taken me until nov/dec 2012 to finally realize I have to do this for ME. Before that it was for other things (wedding, cruise, vacation, etc) Since I've made the main reason me, it is so much easier to stay focused! Good luck!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    YOU can do this. I know it's like looking down a long road with no end in sight but give it a couple of weeks and it gets easier. I lost 100 pounds in 9 months and hit 110 lost by one year on MFP.