100 pounds to loose? REALLY??

Options

Replies

• adoreabella
    Options
    You can absolutely do this :) One pound at a time. Set small goals and don't forget to reward yourself throughout your journey.
  • Five9Dime
    Options
    I'm new to this site as well and I would like to say thank you all for being so open and sharing your stories. I've been on this up and down weight battle myself but I’ve always tried to do it alone because of shame and embarrassment. After reading the success stories I now know I have nothing to be embarrassed about and I can do this. So I looked forward to taking it 10 lbs at a time! Happy weight loss journey to all!
  • trichards170
    trichards170 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I woke up one morning, took a look in the mirror and asked myself how did I get this big!! I just finished my first week and i'm excited to see where it goes from here!!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i was a whopping 300lbs at one time .. yep i agree ..did i really allow myself to get that bad??? ...i sure did and wow what a ride I had working myself down from a size 26 to a current 14..i still have 50lbs left to go and im determined. keep the faith and take one day at a time. you can do it !
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    you can do it and will suceed , you gotta have your mind right, it aint easy and there will be days you will fail but if you dont give up it will happen
  • kmelissa02
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I need to lose minimum 150 but my overall goal is 177. I keep reminding myself to take it one day at a time, because it didn't happen overnight. I log EVERYTHING I eat, make sure I drink 8 glasses minimum of water a day, and get as much exercise in as possible. I started with 30DS because I can do that at home and it's too cold for me to walk outside right now. Good luck and if you fall off track, get back up and try it again!
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I started with 130 pounds to lose and I'm 3 pounds away from my half way point! I set small goals too.

My first was 10 pounds and then the next was to get out of the morbidly obese range. Then joining onederville! Finally in the hundreds. My next goal is the half way point then I hope to get to 180 for my anniversary at the end of March! That leaves me with about a pound or so to get out of the obese range all together. Next is to lose 21 pounds for our holiday to the beach. My goal for the end of July is a weightloss of 100 pounds. That's our bible week, last year I weighed 258.8 pounds! My final goal is my goal weight!

So if you break it down in lots of steps, it doesn't look so huge!
  • sblackwood77
    sblackwood77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100 pounds also! girl, you can do it one day at a time. it is easy to let ourselves go but the great thing is, is that we realize we need to make changes. :)
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    *lose
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You can do it. One pound at a time!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!
    It is more than loosing weight, you find yourself too!
    Being healthier really makes you happier!
  • zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow, did I really type that? 100 pounds, how did I get this far out of control...sigh...a friend introduced me to this site, and I am hopeful that one day at a time I can move things in the right direction. I am a type two diabetic, have sleep apnea, and asthma along with the other aches and pains of being overweight. Okay, day one...here I go again.
    :smile:

Welcome to the group! I have approximately 115 pounds to lose. I also have sleep apnea, am pre-diabetic, and have COPD (lung disease). I've been here for a little over 10 days. I find MFP very helpful and encouraging. I will "friend" you. I am here daily and keep my food diary open to friends.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    There are lots of people who have lost 100lbs and more on here. Find them and use them for inspiration :) Just stick with it and you'll see, its possible :) Good luck!
  • alisonwhelan7
    Options
    I`m in the same boat as you, I have over 100 pounds to lose. But I know I`ve got to do it. Let`s do it together:smile:
  • spunkyjen7
    spunkyjen7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You got this girl!!!
  • moluvmoe
    Options
    :wink: Stay dedicated and just back and enjoy the ride!! It will happen........TRUST!!!!

28402150.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • amystpierre
    amystpierre Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    One day at a time! I sent you a friend request!
  • kittymama8
    Options
    I'm excited to start this, but I am a little lost and confused on where to begin.
  • iomramh
    iomramh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! It will be hard, but take everything one day at a time. Even the smallest things, when added together, form something much larger. So even small changes in your daily routine will help. Cut out one can of soda a day, or eat an apple as a snack instead of something you usually eat. Small changes first.

You got this!!!
    :smile:
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I started mid-November in the same boat as you; I'm now 1/4 of the way there. :smile: You can do it. It's not easy, but as the weight starts to drop off, you'll feel a huge sense of accomplishment. Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels.

There's lots of people here who've been in the same place we are, and they conquered their weight issues. We can too!