100 pounds to loose? REALLY??

Options

Replies

• 44Donna
    44Donna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have been on several plans with no lasting success. This site has made it easy for me to begin a program that I will continue. It helps you reach your goals in a realistic way eating regular food, plus the sense of accountability that I was lacking in my other weightloss efforts. I am down 11 pounds since joining January 3rd/4th.....thanking God and motivated to keep trying. You will be just fine, don't give up!
  • trcharon
    trcharon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can do it! One pound at a time! We can do it together, I also have a 100 pounds to lose...
  • 44Donna
    Options
    YEAH!!!! You can do it. You made the first step and the rest will follow.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I remember that feeling. I set my ticker and thought, "OMG 200 POUNDS NO WAY!!!" I kind of freaked out, and my boyfriend suggested I break it into smaller chunks. This was way before I started reading about mini-goals and stuff, so I was happy to see a lot of people do that. And really, it works! I've lost 48 pounds so far, and I barely remember getting here. It's just a part of every day life now.

I still have 152 pounds to go, but it honestly doesn't overwhelm me because, in my head, I only have TWO pounds to go to get to my next mini-goal. :) And after I hit that one, I only have EIGHT pounds to the next one. It's completely psychological, and it works every time. You can see my list of mini-goals in my profile.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I can so relate with you. I knew I was heavy, but when I realized that I had 80 lbs to lose, it really floored me. I too am a Type 2 diabetic (insulin), have high blood pressure, borderline high cholesterol...etc. I am taking this seriously again, since 1/3/13 and am down 9 lbs.

I know you can do this! It is one day at a time and one small goal at a time. Keep focused, keep logging and keep moving. Those are the things I am focusing on! :)

Good luck on this journey.
  • vickyloft5
    Options
    Stay POSITIVE hun,you CAN do this.I only discovered this app last week thanks to my amazing friends,and i honestly thought i'd be the only one with a 100+lbs to loose.How wrong was i there are many ppl with lots of weight to lose,and regardless of how much we want to shift were all in this together.Good luck with your journey,Vicky ...x
  • 44Donna
    Options
    Love your outlook,,,,,yes breaking it down into sets will be my new approach! Thanks for sharing:smile:
  • chicken2v
    chicken2v Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sure, accept that you have 100 lbs to lose ... then put that on the back burner and focus on your first 10. Then once you've reached 10lbs, you'll have hit a target, instead of just thinking "wow, I've got 90lbs to lose".

Add me as a friend if you would like more support. You can do this! There's great support on this site if you want it :)

I think this is really excellent advice and definitely what I need to keep reminding myself to do. Best of luck, OP, I am happy to offer all the support I can to you! :0)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I started out 3 years ago right where you are. How did I get so far out of control and how did I not realize that I was a whole 100 pounds overweight?! It's a little mind blowing at first but you really can do this. Like others have said, make small changes so you don't get overwhelmed. And don't feel like you need to avoid certain foods or starve yourself. At least for me, trying to go without things like pizza or chocolate for very long was a good way to get myself to completely give up. Better to learn about healthy substitutes (more veg, less/leaner meat, less pasta/potato/rice) and portion control.

As far as execise goes, find something you really enjoy so you'll stick with it.
  • Clairey_Beary
    Options
    Girl, I am in the same boat as you. I stepped on the scale the other day and nearly died. I never thought I'd get to be this big! We can do this though! :)
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yes Really! It is doAble :)

Make small changes - don't deny yourself the goodies just eat less of the bad stuff and count calories :)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    You said it, one day at a time. I still have 60-100 pounds to lose too. You can do it! <3
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    you can get there

I have a treat jar in which I have folded bits of paper with treats on

new book
    coffee in town with a magazine
    new bubble bath
    flowers
    new nail varnish
    new lippy
    etc
    for each small target I reach I will pull out one piece of paper and give myself that reward - although I know what they all are I dont know which I will get
    I put the paper back in after I have read it :):)

look at the amount you have to lose in small amounts and do celebrate each achievement
  • reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It sneaks up on you doesn't it! You are making the first step and you can do it!
  • AtomicLunatic
    Options
    Hi.

I still have 100 lbs to lose as well. I have lost 33lbs in 10 weeks (that was over xmas). You can do it! I am finding it way easier now than it was in the first 6 weeks or so.
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose too. Don't focus on the big number. Break it down. 10 pounds at a time! It doesn't sound so bad when you say you are working on 10 pounds now does it?

I've told myself that I have at least 10 sets of 10 to lose. I've lost my first set so only 9 more to go! Doesn't that sound better than 100 pounds total?

Great advice! I always break mine down into baby steps! And slower is always better. I started out at 260 4 years ago, lost down to 199, met my husband and gained that happy weight (40+lbs) and through many starts and stops am now back down to 212. Working right now to get out of Obese I BMI- 4lbs to go!! and then back to pre-hubby weight lol. From there it will be even more baby steps until I reach my goal weight range of 160-170lbs

Good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend and message me anytime!
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like some motivation along the way!! :bigsmile:
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have 100 pounds to lose as well. It seems so far away but try taking little steps. I am trying to make 5 pound goals. They're easy to get to! Add me as a friend!
  • LoisTidwell
    LoisTidwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it, just focus on each day. Don't beat yourself up if you mess up once in a while either, just remind yourself of all the good choices you're making, and not matter what, you're getting healthier every day you eat better!
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    You can do this... You are in the right place to make a difference... Look at all these wonderful people willing to share, help, and motivate you! I am in the same position and wondering how I let it happen too... We will succeed! I am down 6lbs into my journey and take one day at a time... My advice to you ~ Log everything you put in your mouth.. it will keep you honest and on track.. If you mess up, no big deal, just start again. And read the success stories on here. These are REAL people like you and me and understand and know the struggles you are going through and will face. Lean on them, learn from them and embrace your journey!! Best of luck to you and I feel confident you will reach your goals! :drinker: