Things they never tell you about weight loss

Options

Replies

• irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm cold all the time too, and I'm wearing my wedding ring on a necklace at the moment because it just falls off my finger.
  • jc501
    jc501 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am so glad it is not just me....LOL! I am always cold.....I hate being cold!
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    You guys are making me worried :( I don't want to have to start wearing coats. I don't even really bother until its like 25 degrees or so.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My boobies are gone :sad:

Awwww, pumpkin! :flowerforyou: See, I'm at the point where I can hardly WAIT for the back relief.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

^^^ This. And what's left appears to have travelled south for the winter.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I can eat more, better quality (nutritionally, obviously.. not gold plated eggs... yet) foods, work out (doing something I REALLY enjoy) and lose weight.

Side note: when I ate more, I wasn't freezing to death anymore.

I agree---as I move more and more (and eat more--especially more fat), I have much less of a tendency to feel unpleasantly chilled and I seem to lose faster.

But I do notice things like my rings are finally fitting again (way too tight before---couldn't even get them off). Another thing that I notice is that my feet are swimming in my shoes! Gotta go back to a B width I guess. :happy:
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    That all the foods I used to gorge on, take like yuckiness now.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My shoes got too big. And I never did have fat feet?? .

yes! i went from a 10.5 to a 9.5 couldnt believe it!
  • Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    Options
    Iron pills helped me with the coldness. Implants helped with the boob shrinkage. I have noticed my hair is a bit thinner. My pelvic bone also gets bruised easier :blushing:
  • ipiddock
    ipiddock Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This thread has grown very quickly indeed. Here is my list:

- Feel cold, my hands and fingers especially
    - I can see my muscles
    - Old friends and acquaintances don't recognise me
    - People don't stop GOING ON about my weight loss - used to be flattering but now getting boring
    - I'm having difficulty finding clothes now, have to buy online
    - No aches and pains any more

I'm sure there is more, but these are the main ones.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    When you've spent most of your life being the overweight wallflower, it's hard to adjust to suddenly being noticed. That sounds so depressing but it's true lol Customers that I've waited on for a year are suddenly flirting with me, the guy in Starbucks is suddenly flirting with me....it's weird lol Honestly, I'm uncomfortable with the attention and sometimes I wish they didn't see me again...is that weird? lol

same

This makes me the angriest and women will be nicer and friendlier to you too!
  • Cathymic2004
    Options
    I get full very fast and can't finish my food. My boyfriend always ask if I'm gonna finish my food and I tell him that I can't. But I'm loving the journey though.

That too. "Aren't you going to eat?" "Uh...I have?" "But you're only half done." "I will vomit all over you if I eat any more." "Oh...then...let's box that up!"

I also have gone down band-sizes in my bra. Which is great but annoying, because those suckers are expensive!

^^^lol...I'm gonna use the "I'll throw up on u" next time....
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have found that my underwear tends to fall off my butt and form a little panty pool at the crotch of my pants.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options

This, totally. I now have to shop for bras in the tween section and it's a challenge to find ones that don't have Hello Kitty on them. I do like Hello Kitty but it's a bit of a mood killer, if ya' know what I mean.
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Since losing weight, I’ve noticed a number of changes that had never even occurred to me may happen:

Sleep is much less disturbed and I find I have a full 7-8 hours now rather than repeatedly waking up.
    I used to be ill all the time – now in the unlikely event that I do catch a cold, I’m over it in a day or two.
    If I eat a take-away, I can now taste the fat and grease in things I used to eat all the time without noticing. It’s horrible. (most of the time :laugh:)
    I’m cold. ALL the time.
    My body can’t handle binges any more. I used to be a compulsive binger, and now on the odd occasion I slip up, I get AWFUL stomach pains only an hour later.
    Rather than buy new jeans like I’d hoped, the first thing I had to change was my ring size. :laugh:

Anyone else noticed anything you weren’t expecting?

I'm already cold natured, so I'm scared of how cold I'm going to get! lol
    I have noticed the stomach aches with the (semi) food binges. I won't even really say food binges but with certain foods I haven't had in a long but aren't good for me.
    I can attest to the ring size. My rings are def getting loose, but for now, I have ring guards! 0=)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    And I'm ALWAYS hungry... I kind of like that part. I eat more now than I ever did and I'm skinny minny.

But....I lost the lady lumps :sad:

both of these for me. i eat more often, and bigger portions than my 6 foot man now! and boobies keep shrinking =(

i can finally fit on this beautiful star & moon ring my sis got me years ago. it's my only "small" ring and i'm so proud to wear it. my other rings have spacers now because they slip off.
  • mikee007
    mikee007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Agree to all very good, plus now i can hear my stomach rumble Lol :laugh:
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My journey has brought me from a weight of 171 (size 14) to weight of 125 (size 0-2) and i am freezing ALL the time now!!! I embrace it though ;-)

I never want to be fat again!
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    When you've spent most of your life being the overweight wallflower, it's hard to adjust to suddenly being noticed. That sounds so depressing but it's true lol Customers that I've waited on for a year are suddenly flirting with me, the guy in Starbucks is suddenly flirting with me....it's weird lol Honestly, I'm uncomfortable with the attention and sometimes I wish they didn't see me again...is that weird? lol

This actually really pisses me off. I am exactly the same person I was before.

But NOW I'm worth talking to? How shallow are you?

I chalked it up to the big ol' wedding ring for years, and the piling up of the birthdays, but now, all off a sudden, men are friendly and chatty.

Pisses me off I tell you.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that on the days when I exercise, I'm not nearly as hungry as the days I don't. Can't make up my mind if it's the distraction of the workout (I'm someone who goes to the kitchen when bored) or if there's a physical reason for this. Does anybody know?

Same thing happens to me---I just figure it is my body saying, "Well, if you are going to make me work this hard, I'm going to have to burn some fat and get lighter. So, as of now, I'm cutting back on your ghrelin so you won't eat!" :laugh:

Seriously, does anyone know about this phenomena? My other pals say that exercise makes THEM ravenous.