Things they never tell you about weight loss

Options

Replies

• Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm freezing all the time too!!
    I can no longer wear my wedding and engagement ring. I'm wearing my great grandma's rings (which used to be too small!) until I reach my goal.
  • autumnpath
    autumnpath Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I never thought about the reason why I'm so cold all the time now! DUH! Insulation is gone. I have noticed this too. And I find greasy food revolting now. I used to live on it. Oh an I HATE soda now. I used to double fist soda all day long!
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    then they get more uncomfortable again as your booty loses natural padding.
    [/quote]

^^^This^^^ My bum is sore!
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Running is so much easier

And my fat areas don't get cold when I run now (cos they are less fat)

Also I can feel my tail bone which is GROSS
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Eating a dozen wings is now a chore, more than 2 slices of pizza cant happen, and I am always freaking cold now.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    That all the foods I used to gorge on, take like yuckiness now.

Yup. I used to LOVE Oreo cookies and would dole them out to myself as a rare treasure before I eliminated sugar from my diet. I have been off of sugar completely for the last two years and now, the thought of eating an Oreo makes me slightly nauseated. All that grease and sugar--yuck!
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Agree, boobies are gone.
    Wedding rings got too big so I cant wear them, however, without them I've been asked out...twice <
    awkward!
    Also, cold all the time but I thought that was from drinking so much water, so Ive switched to warm water to see if that helps.
    Also, sitting on hard chairs, the padding around my tailbone seems to be gone...boney boney boney...hurts : (
  • nascarted10
    nascarted10 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I can't get warm no matter what I do. However, I will trade off being cold for healthy. I can buy a coat, not health.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • corrinnebrown
    Options
    I sleep so much better at night but only if I work out. If I have my rest day I still wake up a few times a night. Weird, right?!

I have so much more energy and I can focus more at work or on myfitnesspal (lol)

I pee like 2 times an hour.
  • Cathymic2004
    Options
    I sleep so much better at night but only if I work out. If I have my rest day I still wake up a few times a night. Weird, right?!

I have so much more energy and I can focus more at work or on myfitnesspal (lol)

I pee like 2 times an hour.

^^^tell me about that peeing...heck I do it so much it reminds me of being preggers...lol
  • SRDB00
    SRDB00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My boobies are gone :sad:

I'm looking forward to this happening for me. Come on smaller boobies :flowerforyou:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I cannot hang anymore. One beer and I am done. My alcohol tolerance completely vanished. I guess that's not really a bad thing!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Agree...well not totally gone, but less of them. I had been kidding myself that they weren't getting smaller until last week. I was getting my mammogram and the girl taking the pictures (and comparing them to last year's) suddenly said "you've lost a lot of weight." I guess if she can tell the difference looking at them from the inside, I can't fool myself that they aren't getting smaller.
  • cwggraham
    Options
    While loosing the weight, I have noticed more restful sleep, lower tolerance for alcohol (yay?), cold easier, less back pain, walking faster, more agile among other things. I am sure there are more!
  • feliligram
    Options

Thats what I'm afraid of D:
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Those of you feeling cold all the time:

A lack of iron in your blood due to your new diet could be causing this. A quick blood test from your doctor can tell you if you have low iron in your blood. Pick up a daily iron supplement, or add iron to your list of things to track on your food chart and make sure you are getting enough.

Is this true? Can anyone else vouch for this?

I have just changed my settings so I can see how much iron I'm getting and for the last week, out of the 100 a day I'm allowed the max I've hit is 3!

Yes, low iron is definitely a possibility. Another possibility is that metabolism has slowed a bit, due to a low-fat diet and not enough exercise. Other signs to watch for is thinning hair, puffy face and especially, eyebrows thinning on the outer edges---called myxedema. I already have thyroid problems (likely from years of eating too many carbs in the past) so I have to try to keep it from getting worse by keeping a different mix of macros than what is recommended at MFP. I keep my carbs to 40% and 40% "good" fats (including organic butter. Butter is much maligned--turns out it is better for you than anyone knew before.) I also have blood sugar issues if I eat too many carbs. Fats seem to even out the blood sugar swings. Seems to work for me.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    my moobies aren't leaving fast enough :bigsmile:
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I can't just go shopping for clothes anymore, I have to order most of my clothes online because there are no smaller sizes carried.

It's definitely a first world problem, but would it kill a retailer to have some size 2 pants in stock!

It's mostly annoying because now that I am smaller, I thought shopping would be fun but it's just annoying :-)

I agree with this too. I used to wear a size 10 and had no problem buying jeans in dept. stores or at Costco. Now I'm a size 0 and have to order mostly online. I've tried shopping in the juniors department but all the jeans have massive butt bling and I'm a 41 year old woman. I don't need bling on my butt, thank you.

I will say that Old Navy is great because they actually carry size 0 and it fits me well. I wish more retailers would follow suit.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Since losing weight, I’ve noticed a number of changes that had never even occurred to me may happen:

Sleep is much less disturbed and I find I have a full 7-8 hours now rather than repeatedly waking up.
    I used to be ill all the time – now in the unlikely event that I do catch a cold, I’m over it in a day or two.
    If I eat a take-away, I can now taste the fat and grease in things I used to eat all the time without noticing. It’s horrible. (most of the time :laugh:)
    I’m cold. ALL the time.
    My body can’t handle binges any more. I used to be a compulsive binger, and now on the odd occasion I slip up, I get AWFUL stomach pains only an hour later.
    Rather than buy new jeans like I’d hoped, the first thing I had to change was my ring size. :laugh:

Anyone else noticed anything you weren’t expecting?

Yes totally agree! I lost my rings and had to g running after them. I had a huge piece of plastic to re-size them. The cold thing yes. boobs-bye bye...The rejection of fatty foods- double yes. lol.