Things they never tell you about weight loss

Options

Replies

• ashlysnd
    ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this applies so much to weight loss so much but since I started lifting I SWEAT SO MUCH

Some styles of clothing stop working on you. Wrap dresses look weird on me now

Punching your own holes in belts is hard

Have to agree with the belt thing. I am on the up side of weight loss as of today, but remember a time when I had to punch a couple holes in that hard leather and look forward to doing that again real soon. (I am 13 days post op/pregnancy)
  • aprilelayne
    aprilelayne Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Negative: I've starting showing my age more now that the wrinkles are showing up. When I was heavier (60lbs) I had a fuller face and the wrinkles were not noticable at all!

Negative: I have to wear a sweater YEAR ROUND inside the buildings!? And I live in South Texas where outside its over 100 in the summer, but the AC in the buildings makes me cold constantly.

Positive: No back fat :)
  • DinahCakes
    DinahCakes Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring needed to be reduced in size too! Pretty fun to be smaller than when u got hitched!
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    wrinkles...definately wrinkles. My face looked younger when the fat layer held the crows feet, neck lines and frown lines at bay. I am spending the money I used to buy junk food with on creams, lotions, serums and elixers now.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yes. The sad thing is I never eat out anymore. It's so gross to me now. I don't even enjoy any part of it. Even really nice places, it's all drenched in oil and butter, unnecessarily so, and salty as hell. I want to gag sometimes just on the salt. The past few times, they ask, "was everything ok" becaus eits hardly eaten. and I'll tell them, greasy, oily, salty, I can't eat it. They just take it away and offer a cheesecake on the house. Ugh! They don't get it. Lol. It's ok, it's me, not them.

No one tells you about the cost of replacement clothes. I'm not a big shopper. I still wear jeans from the 90's. I wear my shoes for 12 or more years. So, I don't like shopping. It's a waste of money and time. But, yeah, it gets expensive having to replace everything.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    It's made me highly judgemental of overweight people (not pretty but true).

Actually I sort of know what you mean there. I still have a long way to go so I wouldn't say judgemental, but I am definitely no longer sympathetic. In fact, if people moan about their weight, rather than say 'Oh I know how you feel!' I now say, 'get off your backside and do something about it then.'
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    When it comes to the bathroom you will be more stopped up than LA traffic.

Your skin is going to sag in weird spots like the fat crease in your arm.

Expect to have gallbladder attacks and the eventual removal of that evil little *kitten*.

Being cold sucks

I have to wear my engament band on my middle finger

Your hair is going to get thinner

Your boobs are going to shrink long before your stomach even thinks about moving

It's made me judgemental of not overweight people, but people who arent trying their best to be healthy
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    You can eat 2000 calories a day and still lose weight; starving yourself isn't necessary.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Yes. The sad thing is I never eat out anymore. It's so gross to me now. I don't even enjoy any part of it. Even really nice places, it's all drenched in oil and butter, unnecessarily so, and salty as hell. I want to gag sometimes just on the salt. The past few times, they ask, "was everything ok" becaus eits hardly eaten. and I'll tell them, greasy, oily, salty, I can't eat it. They just take it away and offer a cheesecake on the house. Ugh! They don't get it. Lol. It's ok, it's me, not them.

No one tells you about the cost of replacement clothes. I'm not a big shopper. I still wear jeans from the 90's. I wear my shoes for 12 or more years. So, I don't like shopping. It's a waste of money and time. But, yeah, it gets expensive having to replace everything.
    No doubt about the restaurants. Cooking at home where you can control the variables will really spoil you after a while. I know it does for me.

Also in agreement with the new clothes. I'll go pick up stuff at second-hand stores/goodwill/whatever. $2 for a pair of pants > $34 at old navy.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My wife says I don't snore anymore, and I definitely sleep better at night.

The weirdest size that changed is my hat size. I went from a size 7 7/8 fitted baseball cap to a 7 1/2. Never thought my hat size would change, had to get all new baseball hats.

The best change is that I have so much more energy now than before. I get up in the morning, and I feel great!
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    You can eat 2000 calories a day and still lose weight; starving yourself isn't necessary.

Amen sista!!
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a few of those things too! I get much colder, junk food tastes like oil, and I get stomach cramps when I eat junk food (or just binge on ANY food).
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    food has more taste!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Wow, I cant believe so many people are colder now than before this journey! I thought it was just me!!!

Cold all the time
    Cant tolerate binge eating anymore (mentally or physically)
    Good nights sleep
    No more trips to the Diabetes clinic (fixed it in 3 months flat)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

No doubt about the restaurants. Cooking at home where you can control the variables will really spoil you after a while. I know it does for me.

Also in agreement with the new clothes. I'll go pick up stuff at second-hand stores/goodwill/whatever. $2 for a pair of pants > $34 at old navy.

I'm going to have to check out second-hand stores. That's a good idea.
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My boobies are gone :sad:

Mine too. :(
    and I still have 30lbs left to lose. I'm afraid I'll be an A cup by then. But I figured if I have flat abs it will work out better, and I can always buy some later. hahahah
  • Milvardea
    Options
    Hilarious; I noticed a heightened sense of smell because my circulation is better. It's awful; I didn't realize how bad my downtown work environment really smelled until I started working out and losing weight... :P

Oh, and to the clothing thing; one of the best things I ever did was to find a high quality tailor. You can get an expensive pair of pants or skirt tailored to fit you again, over and over, so don't be afraid to buy that awesome $500 suit even though you are losing weight. Tailors are awesome! For the cheap clothing, go to Goodwill and get tshirts and jeans, sweaters for almost nothing. Also try yardsales (walking all morning at yardsales is great exercise too!) Also, ask your friends for hand me downs if they are losing weight as well. :D
  • keloneill
    Options
    Those of you feeling cold all the time:

A lack of iron in your blood due to your new diet could be causing this. A quick blood test from your doctor can tell you if you have low iron in your blood. Pick up a daily iron supplement, or add iron to your list of things to track on your food chart and make sure you are getting enough.
  • McGruber03
    Options
    I've noticed that on the days when I exercise, I'm not nearly as hungry as the days I don't. Can't make up my mind if it's the distraction of the workout (I'm someone who goes to the kitchen when bored) or if there's a physical reason for this. Does anybody know?

I'm the opposite! I feel SO hungry all of the time when I work out hard. I'm eating tomato soup an hour before lunch b/c I'm starving right now!
  • Cathymic2004
    Options
    My boobies are gone :sad:

This! Me too.....boo hoo hoo.......but I've gained much more in health and wellbeing than I have physically lost in weight. Pro's and cons.

Agree all of OP plus I noticed the soles of my feet no longer hurt like hell! :drinker:

^^^this gives me hope...I sure hope these 44DDD go down some, heck they hurt sometimes....