Things they never tell you about weight loss

Replies

• Dezmodus
    Dezmodus Posts: 68 Member
    yes to all of it (i lost more than the 22, i used to be 240ish but i'd lose some before i joined mfp) i have a huge uncomfortable sizer on my ring (it's tungsten, i can't resize it) i'm cold all the time, i sleep like a rock, and as for going overboard... i ate 3 slices of pizza and some cake last night and today i feel like i'm fighting a hangover.

as for other stuff, i have IBS and it would pretty much rule my day before i started taking care of myself. Now i have pretty much no symptoms. :)
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    I'M ALWAYS COLD. Ugh but apparently i'm a furnace aka I give off a lot of heat. Which is beneficial.....TO EVERYONE ELSE. My girlfriend calls me her furnace. Especially when we're sleeping too. I'll have all the blankets and she'll be lying there with no blankets completely fine.
  • kmt412
    kmt412 Posts: 6 Member
    The difference btw walking in heels when you're heavy/out of shape and when you're strong/in shape/light is HUGE. I think it's a combination of strength, balance, and being lighter overall. Makes me want to wear heels all the time.

Also, now it makes sense how Victoria Beckham can wear 5 inch heels all day every day!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    My Johnson is huge-er!
  • ksnegirl
    ksnegirl Posts: 85 Member
    My wrinkles are more prominent and I don't have to hold my breath when I lean down to tie my shoes :)

^^ Not looking forward to the wrinkle thing.....yuk. But I guess I'll take it :wink:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,784 Member
    im also cold all the time and i went from having a hard time falling asleep, waking up 10 times a night and being up before my alarm to passing right out, waking up maybe once or twice, and not wanting to wake up when my alarm goes off.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,204 Member
    ring size, shoe size down, my bony butt, I can't sit for long periods on hard chairs, lol. I am cold a lot, but I think that is b/c the "bigger" people I work w/ are always hot and keep the temp in the office down. Oh, yea, and I can wear heels again! Shoe shopping!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    i do sleep much better!
    i use to have problems with my stomach all the time. not so much anymore.
    even when im wanting to eat everything.. i grab lots of fruits instead and enjoy that more!
    i complain that my clothes are too big rather then too tight
    i can control my type 2 diabetes WITHOUT medication
    problems with blood pressure gone!
    i feel guilty when i dont exercise.. i actually enjoy it!
    i have cut back on pop and enjoy more water with flavor packets (former diet dew addict!)
    i smoke less!
    my double chin is almost gone!
    i love fish! i never ate much prior to starting this!

i have so many things i could list! the biggest one is that i set a goal for myself. exercise in my home is free! im unemployed and would rather exercise and clean then sit on the couch. that is a big step forward there. i also save money cooking at home rather then eating out.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Don't know if this applies so much to weight loss so much but since I started lifting I SWEAT SO MUCH

Some styles of clothing stop working on you. Wrap dresses look weird on me now

Punching your own holes in belts is hard
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    When you've spent most of your life being the overweight wallflower, it's hard to adjust to suddenly being noticed. That sounds so depressing but it's true lol Customers that I've waited on for a year are suddenly flirting with me, the guy in Starbucks is suddenly flirting with me....it's weird lol Honestly, I'm uncomfortable with the attention and sometimes I wish they didn't see me again...is that weird? lol

It's not weird and I definitely notice the same things.

It is uncomfortable to a degree.

Totally agree with this also. I get uncomfortable at times, other times I totally enjoy it though. I think I must be getting a little more used to it.....and like most of you, I am always cold.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Don't know if this applies so much to weight loss so much but since I started lifting I SWEAT SO MUCH

Some styles of clothing stop working on you. Wrap dresses look weird on me now

Punching your own holes in belts is hard

Wrap dresses didn't work for me before I lost my weight either.
  • hollybug1016
    hollybug1016 Posts: 8 Member
    I can finally buy pretty bras again instead of the industrial strength tan monstrosities AND my husband can't stop chasing me around. Oh, and I agree about the high heels thing. They are much less torturous to walk around in.
  • magdalen13
    magdalen13 Posts: 62 Member
    When you've spent most of your life being the overweight wallflower, it's hard to adjust to suddenly being noticed. That sounds so depressing but it's true lol Customers that I've waited on for a year are suddenly flirting with me, the guy in Starbucks is suddenly flirting with me....it's weird lol Honestly, I'm uncomfortable with the attention and sometimes I wish they didn't see me again...is that weird? lol

nah, not weird. Last time I was really fit & thin, the attention was constant and honestly it made me feel worse in some ways, that people were only talking to me cause I looked good. At least when you're overweight you have a better chance of knowing people like you for who you actually are and not your appearance. Of course the benefits far outweigh that mixed-blessing kind of stuff though.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Bathroom stalls are easier to maneuver in and out of. And I'm hoping that since my stomach no longer rubs the counter when I'm prepping dinner or washing dishes that I'll find less little holes in the bottom fronts of my shirts.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member

i can control my type 2 diabetes WITHOUT medication

That is probably the best one on here, I was on the verge of getting diabetes when I started to lose weight, according to my doctor I was 'high risk'.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    I'm a freak of nature, I think. Cold bothers me much less now than it used to. I never thought I'd go running when it was 11F outside.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    I don't like how my skinny ankles feel when they touch while I'm in bed. They feel bony and uncomfortable. :(

It's harder to find size 8 and 10 jeans than 16's. I like that one. :)

My tailbone kills me if I sit too long, bike or do any sort of sit ups. My orthopedic Dr. suggests I get cortisone shots in it. Yikes. No ty.

I'm not as hungry as I used to be.
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    My boobies are gone :sad:

This! Me too.....boo hoo hoo.......but I've gained much more in health and wellbeing than I have physically lost in weight. Pro's and cons.

Agree all of OP plus I noticed the soles of my feet no longer hurt like hell! :drinker:
  • My wrinkles are more prominent and I don't have to hold my breath when I lean down to tie my shoes :)

Yeah got the wrinkle issue too...kinda wish some of the fat would stay in my face! LOL
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    I'm definitely colder all the time, and guys treat me differently.
    I study biomedical sciences at Texas A&M, and when I was bigger, I felt like classmates took me more seriously as a hard worker and someone who studies hard. Now, a few people treat me with a bit of disdain, like I don't study as hard as they do or something :angry: