Things they never tell you about weight loss

Options

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    My shoes got too big. And I never did have fat feet?? I don't hesitate to sit in a booth when eating out. Before it was always a table.

Ha! I forgot about that one! I don't have fat feet either but I have a number of heels that were quite tight, and now they seem to fit perfectly. That's the other thing, I noticed I can now walk in heels better (more balance?)
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My wrinkles are more prominent and I don't have to hold my breath when I lean down to tie my shoes :)
  • zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Rather than buy new jeans like I’d hoped, the first thing I had to change was my ring size. :laugh:

That's one of my motivators. I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for a few years due to the weight wain. I refused to have it resized because i always figured that I'll lose weight....someday. Well that day is now!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I totally get the cold thing (though that might just be because it's freeze your balls off cold outside and I'm sitting by a big window) and the change in ring size.

The other thing I've noticed is that seats feel harder, especially wooden benches and bike seats!
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    When you've spent most of your life being the overweight wallflower, it's hard to adjust to suddenly being noticed. That sounds so depressing but it's true lol Customers that I've waited on for a year are suddenly flirting with me, the guy in Starbucks is suddenly flirting with me....it's weird lol Honestly, I'm uncomfortable with the attention and sometimes I wish they didn't see me again...is that weird? lol
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    all of the OP's list -
    My boobies are gone :sad:

my boobs look better as my cup size has increased :)
  • lorielovehailey
    lorielovehailey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I notice that people treat you differently. They're much nicer now. It makes me angry that people are so unkind when you're fat, but I can't change other people. What I can do is be sure I don't treat people badly based on weight, or any other outward appearance factor.

And hip bones. And collarbones. And butt bones. :)
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Every single one of those what you Said
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My shoes got too big. And I never did have fat feet?? I don't hesitate to sit in a booth when eating out. Before it was always a table.
    I had the same problem. I had to ditch all of my shoes and go down a 1/2 size. Very weird.
  • zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't hesitate to sit in a booth when eating out. Before it was always a table.

oh I hate booths! They don't make them for big people that's for sure. And that's always where my husband wants to sit. Soon I'll be able to be more comfortable in them. Another motivator!
  • LoveasaurusRex
    LoveasaurusRex Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have noticed all of these. On the positive side a lot of things are better! It’s easier to find clothes, sex is more enjoyable, and I don't hate looking at pictures of myself anymore.

This kind of made me laugh. Sex is WAY easier and better. Fat sex is hard. There....I said it.
  • Cathymic2004
    Options
    I have noticed all of these. On the positive side a lot of things are better! It’s easier to find clothes, sex is more enjoyable, and I don't hate looking at pictures of myself anymore.

^^^^SEX....yes yes yes lol...I can last longer and his shaft goes DEEPER lol.....love it
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i'm always cold and no one ever said i'd lose weight in my nose! i knew my face would, but i didn't think my nose would change, i had a pretty bulbous nose when i was heavy now it's pointy.
  • lorielovehailey
    lorielovehailey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that on the days when I exercise, I'm not nearly as hungry as the days I don't. Can't make up my mind if it's the distraction of the workout (I'm someone who goes to the kitchen when bored) or if there's a physical reason for this. Does anybody know?

This is my experience, too.
  • LoveasaurusRex
    LoveasaurusRex Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When you've spent most of your life being the overweight wallflower, it's hard to adjust to suddenly being noticed. That sounds so depressing but it's true lol Customers that I've waited on for a year are suddenly flirting with me, the guy in Starbucks is suddenly flirting with me....it's weird lol Honestly, I'm uncomfortable with the attention and sometimes I wish they didn't see me again...is that weird? lol

It's not weird and I definitely notice the same things.

It is uncomfortable to a degree.
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    well that sucks. I'm cold all the time now..........I'll freeze to death after I lose weight!!!!
  • PWA2013
    Options
    Agree, it's always freezing when I eat less.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    my hands and feet are always cold.
  • jojospaghettio
    jojospaghettio Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Since losing weight, I’ve noticed a number of changes that had never even occurred to me may happen:

Sleep is much less disturbed and I find I have a full 7-8 hours now rather than repeatedly waking up.
    I used to be ill all the time – now in the unlikely event that I do catch a cold, I’m over it in a day or two.
    If I eat a take-away, I can now taste the fat and grease in things I used to eat all the time without noticing. It’s horrible. (most of the time :laugh:)
    I’m cold. ALL the time.
    My body can’t handle binges any more. I used to be a compulsive binger, and now on the odd occasion I slip up, I get AWFUL stomach pains only an hour later.
    Rather than buy new jeans like I’d hoped, the first thing I had to change was my ring size. :laugh:

Anyone else noticed anything you weren’t expecting?

I agree with ALL of these! Also my skin is clearer and most of the fogginess that I attributed to "mommy brain" is disappearing.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    cold all of the time, need new clothes, constantly want to eat