How often do you weigh yourself and why?

Options

Replies

• rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    daily to keep my head in the game,
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It's habit. Wake up, go pee (tmi), get on the scale ;)

Me too.
    DITTO! :laugh:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    daily to keep my head in the game,
    Exactly!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I weigh in once a day in the mornings in the nude after I go to washroom. I may miss one day if I consumed a lot of sodium the day before but this year I am sticking with the daily weigh ins because they keep me focused and on track. I do not skip more than one day on the scale.
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    I know it can be discouraging with uncontrollable factors such as water retention, etc., but I weigh myself EVERY DAY in the morning. Avoiding the scale is what landed me here. :(
  • sclarktiw
    sclarktiw Posts: 217
    Options
    Every morning. It's habit. Wake up, go pee (tmi), get on the scale ;)

Me three!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. The ONLY reason I do this is because I find it interesting to see what causes the little fluctuations. I only officially update my weight once a week (if there's a change).

Oh also, it's in the morning when I wake up. After I've pissed and taken a dump and before I've eaten or drank anything.
  • sugar66
    sugar66 Posts: 41
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on a Tuesday morning, I think it can become very obsessive and can take over your life.
    I like to see the number coming down and think I would get disgruntled if I weighed in every day and the numbers weren't moving, but everyone is different, think I may become a more regular weigher once I get closer to my target.
  • jabeymabey
    jabeymabey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday when I get up in the morning. I want to make sure my weight is not going up first thing in the morning then I can be positive about my day. :smile:
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    One every week or so.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    Once a week, every Monday AM when I come in to work. Any more than that, and I get too obsessive over all the mini-fluctuations during the week. I keep it on Monday morning, since that way I'm encouraged to behave on the weekend, knowing that weigh-day is close at hand.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Yes, beer=bloat.
  • sarahxx68
    Options
    Once a week, typically on Friday. I used to weigh in daily but the "non-moving numbers" were starting to bug me.
  • spectranna
    spectranna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week or every two weeks because weight changes a lot throughout the day, much less the week. and I always way in the morning before breakfast to exclude stomach contents :)
  • TheTrym
    TheTrym Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Two-three times a day. I find it fascinating to see how the weight changes during a day. I only write it down once or twice a week though, or I'd go bonkers.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    i am going to start weighing every other week. scale number doesn't necessarly mean you are not improving. But logging everyday is a must.
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do every morning... I like to see how different foods impact my body, and it keeps me in check... i'd get really far off track if i only weigh once a week...
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I weigh several times a day because the fluctuations fascinate me. I only judge my progress according to my morning weigh-ins and I'm well aware of water-retention due to sodium intake and inflammation and what-not. I log in my weight when I hit a new low in the morning. Unfortunately, that sometimes takes a really long time.
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but only record it on Tuesday's. I find that weighing myself everyday keeps me motivated. After a day where I think my weight will be up, to find it down is a real motivator. I guess it could have the opposite effect but it hasn't thus far!
  • SamAdams125
    SamAdams125 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in once a week (and occasionally I'll do a mid-week "check"). The big reason I prefer to only WI once/week is because I like to see the bigger numbers. Losing 2 pounds at a time feels way more fun than losing 0.2-0.4/day even if it added up to be the same total for the week.