k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    You know what's terrible?

All these shows are still on tv

FIREFLY GOT ONE. DAMN. SEASON.

So glad we're friends.

As am I.

Nothing will ever cure my Firefly butthurt

And it will never be the same thanks to Serenity... I still mourn for Wash.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I just can't stand 'reality' tv, it seems to reward/glamorize rude behavior. I also could never really stand Two and a Half Men, the jokes aren't that funny to begin with and doing the same jokes and keeping the same simple characters over and over again doesn't make it funny.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

So glad we're friends.

As am I.

Nothing will ever cure my Firefly butthurt

And it will never be the same thanks to Serenity... I still mourn for Wash.

...I am a leaf on the wind

*cries forever*
  • devastation77
    Options
    I just can't stand 'reality' tv, it seems to reward/glamorize rude behavior. I also could never really stand Two and a Half Men, the jokes aren't that funny to begin with and doing the same jokes and keeping the same simple characters over and over again doesn't make it funny.

Thing is that there's no such thing, really, as reality TV. Put a camera in front of a person and they will behave differently every time. Let alone the ones that are quite obviously scripted.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I almost gave up on Walking Dead, season 2 just dragged onnnnnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnnn.

Then season 3 picked up the dropped ball and ran with it.

I felt this way. Pure love of the comics got me through season 2

Love the comics too.

Need to catch up on the newest few issues. Apparently something beyond tragic happened. I'm scared

Uh oh...I don't like the sound of that.

I just know someone lovable is getting killed. Kirkman is such a sadist sometimes -_-

Ill stop thread jacking now OP I promise
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    All the so-called reality shows, all the competition shows, about 90 percent of everything on all networks
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Friends
    Glee
    Everybody loves raymond
    american idol
    dancing with the stars

I'm sure there are more... I don't really know what's on tv anymore now though since I cancelled my cable. Netflix and hulu plus city for me!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    The Big Bang Theory. That show fills me with rage I hate it so much. As a nerd, I feel like it satire's us and does a horrible job at showing people what the nerd community is actually like. I wish that show would die!

Eh, if you can't laugh at yourself, what fun is life?

Big Bang Theory gives us perspective and lets us not take ourselves too seriously; Community lets us be ourselves. To me, they’re almost two halves of the same coin.
  • devastation77
    Options
    Yeah back on track Mutant.

I'm gonna go with Everybody Loves Raymond.

Again, same episode, every episode.

I know this is cancelled but how the hell did it make it for so long.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I have a real dislike for watching 'high-continuity' (HC) shows and not catching them at the beginning. It's a bit of a Catch-22:
    a) Once the show becomes "must watch", I don't want to start because I'm too far behind.
    b) I'm wary about investing in such a show, getting enthralled, and then it's cancelled (still pissed about 'The Event'!)
    c) I have a finite amount of TV watching time, so I limit the number of HC shows that I watch
    Here's a list of popular HC shows that I never watched for those very reasons. For some, I might use Hulu and Netflix to either catch-up to current or see what I missed out on now that it's off-the-air:
    • Heroes
    • Lost
    • Scandal
    • Breaking Bad
    • Sons of Anarchy
    • Arrow
    • Walking Dead

The reality competition shows I watch are:
    • The Voice, America's Got Talent, WipeOut, Shark Tank (not competition per se, but you get it)
    • Minute To Win It, The Sing-Off, Fear Factor, Million Dollar Money Drop (all cancelled :explode: :sad: )
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Ugh. And everything on MTV (which apparently doesn't play music anymore)

So You Think You Can Date My 16 And Pregnant Mom In Celebrity Rehab On The Jersey Shore or whatever
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Breaking Bad

Two and a half men
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Big Bang Theory- COMMUNITY is way better. Abed over Sheldon anyday!!!!

Ugh! Can't stand Community... and I should find it funny since I went to a Community College... but then I don't like Parks and Rec either and I thought I would find that funny because I work in the public sector.

What! SOMEONE HATES COMMUNITY??!!! if you were on my mfp friend list I'd unfriend you this minute! (just kidding.)

I love Community. Hate Big BAng Theory with a vengeance. ANd funny thing is my son's father is a post doc fellow from one of the ivy league schools and I am a community college grad.

I hate Big Bang Theory because of the paintbrush stereotypes. I have dated 3 "nerds"

Comic book nerd hated school. Hated math. Hated science.

Loved comic books. We broke up because I spilled coffee on some limited edition signed copy of some comic Garth Ennis drew(or was he a writer?? ANyways...)

Nerd #2- dungeon and dragons roleplayer from the time he was a child until we married...and every SAt night still went out to play with his friends. He was also a professional dancer. YEah, I married a man with a dancer's body. And he had great rythym.....too bad we divorced. Not into science.

nerd #3- molecular geneticist. Ivy league educated. Handsome. Handsome... so smart with academics and smart with the ladies. Philanderer. Not into comics. Not into roleplaying. Impregnanted me while dating other women...(that's for another post!)

I hate how big bang theroy makes them all science, comic book, role playing nerds,math nerds...

You can be one without the other and actually some "nerds" are actually hot. My philandering boyfriend is. That's worse..being supersmart and being an *kitten*.

Nerds aren't always nice.

SO yeah..I have alot of baggage and HATE the BIG BANG THEORY!!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

x2

HATE that douche
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Heroes was good until the writers strike... then it sucked majorly. I don't watch most popular shows until way too late... I want to watch Downton Abbey... but I can't find the second season anywhere and I don't want to watch the first on netflix and then skip the second to watch the third...

Yeah, can't stand MTV shows either... they make me want to hurl and they did when I was in their demographic too.
  • bermudamel
    Options
    Teen Mom
    American Idol
    X Factor (pretty much any singing competition)
    Catfish
    Pretty much any reality TV for that matter LOL
    Two and a Half Men
  • devastation77
    Options

x2

HATE that douche

Even his stand up is not funny.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Big Bang Theory- COMMUNITY is way better. Abed over Sheldon anyday!!!!

Ugh! Can't stand Community... and I should find it funny since I went to a Community College... but then I don't like Parks and Rec either and I thought I would find that funny because I work in the public sector.

What! SOMEONE HATES COMMUNITY??!!! if you were on my mfp friend list I'd unfriend you this minute! (just kidding.)

I love Community. Hate Big BAng Theory with a vengeance. ANd funny thing is my son's father is a post doc fellow from one of the ivy league schools and I am a community college grad.

I hate Big Bang Theory because of the paintbrush stereotypes. I have dated 3 "nerds"

Comic book nerd hated school. Hated math. Hated science.

Loved comic books. We broke up because I spilled coffee on some limited edition signed copy of some comic Garth Ennis drew(or was he a writer?? ANyways...)

Nerd #2- dungeon and dragons roleplayer from the time he was a child until we married...and every SAt night still went out to play with his friends. He was also a professional dancer. YEah, I married a man with a dancer's body. And he had great rythym.....too bad we divorced. Not into science.

nerd #3- molecular geneticist. Ivy league educated. Handsome. Handsome... so smart with academics and smart with the ladies. Philanderer. Not into comics. Not into roleplaying. Impregnanted me while dating other women...(that's for another post!)

I hate how big bang theroy makes them all science, comic book, role playing nerds,math nerds...

You can be one without the other and actually some "nerds" are actually hot. My philandering boyfriend is. That's worse..being supersmart and being an *kitten*.

Nerds aren't always nice.

SO yeah..I have alot of baggage and HATE the BIG BANG THEORY!!!

Yeah I really tried with Community... the only episode I really liked was the paintball episode... I'm married to a nerd myself... Like I said earlier a cross between Howard and Leonard... I get where you are coming from though... my husband doesn't role play or read comics either... not even so much as WoW... and I find myself to be a cross between Penny and a Earth Scientist version of Bernadette... I think we just see things in ourself and group of friends (even from college) that we find hilarious...
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options

Hot damn I knew there was a reason we were friends. I am a Whedon fan girl.
  • Mutant13
    Options

Hot damn I knew there was a reason we were friends. I am a Whedon fan girl.

All good people are.

I love the way he rips your heart out by killing your favourite characters