Options
1234568»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm 5'8

Sw: 212 (busting out of UK 16s so US 12)
    Cw: 176 (UK 12/14 so US 8/10 but the waists are gappy)
    Gw: 165?? Although am happyish now

More importantly
    Starting fitness:couch potato who had panic attacks and health niggles
    Current status: 1 hour Pilates, 70 mins gym with PT, 60 mins gym alone plus 10K steps most other days. No more panic attacks, feeling invincible again and can see abs
    Goal fitness: never be lazy-a r s e again
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm 5'8

More importantly
    Current status: 1 hour Pilates, 70 mins gym with PT, 60 mins gym alone plus 10K steps most other days. No more panic attacks, feeling invincible again and can see abs

Golly, you're a giant bunny! Does that height count your ears... or not?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm 5'8

More importantly

Golly, you're a giant bunny! Does that height count your ears... or not?

Yup, you should meet my cousin Harvey :wink:
  • VictoriaS57
    VictoriaS57 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    amblight wrote: »
    Oh hey, I'm 5'8" :D

This is me at 265lbs:

m2p3welz0zoj.jpg

And this is me last weekend, at 150lbs:
    35r584umkp71.jpg
    2wtrn6tapunw.jpg

I'm almost at my half-weight mark, hoping to be there before december! It will be my Christmas present to myself ;)

I like it when tall women transform themselves like you have. It really compliments the great height to be in good overall physical shape.

Girl, you rocked it! Not sure what more you want to lose, as you're looking Movie Star hot. Congratulations on your hard work and great results.
  • pinkcottoncandy7
    Options
    jbot30 wrote: »
    I'm 5'8", 37 yo woman with 2 boys. Youngest is 3 years old. I started on 205lb (93kg) and now weigh 147lb. I am sedentary (couch potato sounds so much worse) but have decided that losing more weight will probably not help with my problem areas so am thinking of starting weight training and yoga? I think i will try maintain this weight or perhaps lose another 5-10lb.

I still eat "bad" food sometimes but keep it within calorie goals for the day. Weight loss took 5 months. I'm going to try upload pics now. 2is9ofwic2tf.jpg
    xerwulvzgq9k.jpg
    Wow this really motivates me! I weigh around 210 need to loose about 70 pounds. I'm 5'8' and a 1/2. You look amazing!
  • jbot30
    jbot30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Wow this really motivates me! I weigh around 210 need to loose about 70 pounds. I'm 5'8' and a 1/2. You look amazing!
    [/quote]

Thank you! I feel so proud of myself :-). Good luck with your journey xx

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Since this is an old thread, I went back through expecting to find a previous response but didn't see one. I apologize if I'm reposting! Anyway...I am 5'8" and currently 172 lb and size 10/12.

I am turning 38 this week and have not been this size since I was 12 years old.
    By age 16 I was around 230 lb and in a size 20. At my heaviest (age 32) I weighed 307 lb.

I lost almost 50 lb prior to starting My Fitness Pal but it was really difficult and slow. I was walking MILES every day and tbh kind of starving myself most days and totally clueless about the caloric content of my diet.

I joined this site in March 2013 and have lost 90 lb since then. The range I'm going for is 160-170 most likely. I have been bouncing around weight-wise in the low 170s for months now which I guess is sort of a "plateau" as some may say, but I would be okay with that for the rest of my life, honestly. I look at it as a way to ease into maintenance but I do wanna push on for an even bigger "buffer". I apologize for the pics not being the best to show my losses, but I haven't really taken progress photos. The first one is from Summer 2012 when I was in early stages of progress at around 270 lb and the second one is from last week, down almost 100 lb.

hulmb9qlcogu.jpg
    9ytz5plxn2mk.jpg
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    bronizzle wrote: »
    bump

I am 5'9 and currently 180 pounds, I dont know what to set as my goal weight as I have no CLUE what my body will look like at 150, 140, 130, 120? Will I look to skinny and weak at 120? Would a 150 pound body suit me more?

There is nothing wrong with setting new goals when you reach one. You don't want to look skinny so why not start with 150 or 155 and when you reach that, see how you look and feel. If you think you want more, just set a new goal. You can get to what's right for you. Good luck.
  • lilianhill
    lilianhill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started out approx 165. Started MFP late January and got down to current weight of 145 by May. I wouldn't mind losing another 5 pounds but mostly need to tone up. I was starting to edge into wearing size 14 (American) and am now a size 10. I've enjoyed buying new clothes and weeding out the closet to donate clothes that are now too big!
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    9v3hngjs6pzl.jpg
    I am just shy of 5'8 and am 43 years old. I began with MFP just over 1 year ago with a goal of losing 75 pounds; currently down 86 pounds!5rbrsw6f61ts.jpg
  • togetmesomepants
    togetmesomepants Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'8" and currently weigh 255. I'm only down 15 pounds from where I started. I started back in February, but I wasn't very serious about logging until recently. I guess I just thought the weight would come off magically... I haven't taken any pictures, but I guess I should. I'll post back when I've made some visible progress.
  • saladhead123
    saladhead123 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JaedynKelling2015
    JaedynKelling2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    allie491 wrote: »
    I'm almost a success story...LOL

I am 5'9, my starting weight was 184 lbs, I am down a total of 23 lbs to 161. I only have 6 to go to my goal weight of 155!

:)

How long did that take you?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!