this happened to me at the gym this morning!

Options
There is nothing more motivating than this: the 75 year old man RUNNING at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline next to me. As we both got off the treadmill at the same time he asked if he could speak with me and pulled out his wallet. We sat down at a table as he showed me a picture of him and his granddaughter 5 years ago, her about my age then, he 767 pounds and her 398. With tears running down his face he showed me another picture of him walking her down the aisle 2 months ago. He is now 215 and she is 150. With more tears he says"I dont even know you but you remind me of my granddaughter, and I couldnt miss walking her down the aisle because I was killing myself slowly and didnt even realize it." I was wearing my cross and fish necklace so he asked if he minded if he prayed woth me. For 10 minutes we sat holding hands in the gym praying for the life I have ahead of me. As we were both wiping tears from our face, he told me to just keep going and when i dont want to, to remember him.This is a man I will NEVER forget.

Replies