this happened to me at the gym this morning!

Options

Replies

• trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more motivating than this: the 75 year old man RUNNING at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline next to me. As we both got off the treadmill at the same time he asked if he could speak with me and pulled out his wallet. We sat down at a table as he showed me a picture of him and his granddaughter 5 years ago, her about my age then, he 767 pounds and her 398. With tears running down his face he showed me another picture of him walking her down the aisle 2 months ago. He is now 215 and she is 150. With more tears he says"I dont even know you but you remind me of my granddaughter, and I couldnt miss walking her down the aisle because I was killing myself slowly and didnt even realize it." I was wearing my cross and fish necklace so he asked if he minded if he prayed woth me. For 10 minutes we sat holding hands in the gym praying for the life I have ahead of me. As we were both wiping tears from our face, he told me to just keep going and when i dont want to, to remember him.This is a man I will NEVER forget.

OMG that is awesome...
  • vhallrob
    vhallrob Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more motivating than this: the 75 year old man RUNNING at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline next to me. As we both got off the treadmill at the same time he asked if he could speak with me and pulled out his wallet. We sat down at a table as he showed me a picture of him and his granddaughter 5 years ago, her about my age then, he 767 pounds and her 398. With tears running down his face he showed me another picture of him walking her down the aisle 2 months ago. He is now 215 and she is 150. With more tears he says"I dont even know you but you remind me of my granddaughter, and I couldnt miss walking her down the aisle because I was killing myself slowly and didnt even realize it." I was wearing my cross and fish necklace so he asked if he minded if he prayed woth me. For 10 minutes we sat holding hands in the gym praying for the life I have ahead of me. As we were both wiping tears from our face, he told me to just keep going and when i dont want to, to remember him.This is a man I will NEVER forget.
    That is awesome. God works in amazing ways! What a great story - so glad you shared it with us. I'm moved by this too.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful, beautiful story. I really needed to read something uplifting today.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Great story. Thank you.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Dang it... My eyes are leaking again...

Thanks for sharing!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Brought tears to my eyes and gave me chills!! What a wonderful story! He is a true inspiration......we need more people like him in this big ol world! Keep up the good work!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    BEST. STORY. EVER!!!
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story! If a 75 yr old can do it anyone can, that is amazing!
  • DoctorKhaleesi
    DoctorKhaleesi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! Best of luck to you!
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Wow that is beautiful! God is good!
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have no words. What a very special encounter!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Wow-that is awesome and wonderful!!
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Restores your faith in people just a little, doesn't it? What a lovely story. :flowerforyou:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    That is incredible.

Such a beautiful moment to cherish for you both.
  • tstaylor26
    tstaylor26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    amazing! God is awesome!
  • fleerik
    fleerik Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you shared such a powerful and personal experience with all of us!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • eandrsmom
    eandrsmom Posts: 119
    Options
    The memories of the hours you will spend in the gym will quickly fade away, but I venture to say that 10 minutes will stay with you forever. Beautiful!
  • beccamay901
    Options
    Such a lovely story! Thanks for sharing xx
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    AMAZING GRACE!!

god is everywhere :flowerforyou: