this happened to me at the gym this morning!

Options

Replies

• jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Inspiring and a wonderful message for all us that at anytime and at any age we can be an inspiration to someone else.
  • cdpollreis
    cdpollreis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing! :)
  • peggy822
    peggy822 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, 767! That's amazing. Thats a lot of weight to lose, they changed the course of their whole life, and maybe yours!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. It was no accident that you were on a treadmill next to him. God put you two next to each other for a reason.

or it was, and he would have shared his story with anyone. great story though.
  • ohh_myy_quad
    ohh_myy_quad Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    How beautiful and touching. Sometimes random stranges can leave an imprint in us and cause and impact in our lives. What a nice memory you will have of that moment of sincerity. Thanks for sharing.
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Lovely I hope I can remember this he shared such an important thing with you
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I read this, very positive feel good story, thanks for sharing...very inspiring...
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    wow! what a blessing!
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    This gave me goosebumps! Thanks for sharing, especially b/c I was about to skip the gym this afternoon...
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    That's really amazing...many blessings.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wow! :D
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more motivating than this: the 75 year old man RUNNING at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline next to me. As we both got off the treadmill at the same time he asked if he could speak with me and pulled out his wallet. We sat down at a table as he showed me a picture of him and his granddaughter 5 years ago, her about my age then, he 767 pounds and her 398. With tears running down his face he showed me another picture of him walking her down the aisle 2 months ago. He is now 215 and she is 150. With more tears he says"I dont even know you but you remind me of my granddaughter, and I couldnt miss walking her down the aisle because I was killing myself slowly and didnt even realize it." I was wearing my cross and fish necklace so he asked if he minded if he prayed woth me. For 10 minutes we sat holding hands in the gym praying for the life I have ahead of me. As we were both wiping tears from our face, he told me to just keep going and when i dont want to, to remember him.This is a man I will NEVER forget.

Wow~!! Amazing people are all around us and we don't always know it. What an inspiration!
  • cgirlygirl
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing! I believe that God puts people in our lives for very specific reasons and there is no such thing as coincidence. So glad you got to experience this awesome part of God's plan just the way He intended!
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Sometimes angels give messages:smile:
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I believe this happened for a reason.
  • ajlon
    ajlon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow! I'm welling up here! beautiful story .... thanks for sharing :)
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Aaaaand now I'm crying. Wow. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • JElizabethJB
    Options
    SO Good! This is proof that God is everywhere even when we least expect it. Jesus loves each and every person in this world! PLEASE believe that!