Asset Capsules

Options
Before I start, I'm sure people will give me a bunch of *kitten* about "not looking for a quick fix" etc, so just don't.

Two friends I work with have recently tried this supplement that supposedly surpresses your appetite and lost 15-20lbs each within 2 months. I looked up the ingredients and they are, as stated, all natural.

Ingredients: Natural Fruit Extracts, Hawthorn Fruit, Pomegranate, Aloe, Cellulose, Green Tea, Plant Lipase, Vitamin A, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and Dietary Fiber.

Normally, I would be skeptical, but hearing it from two friends who shared the same experience makes me curious. They both say that it really does kill your appetite, and many days they would actually be concerned that they weren't eating ENOUGH. I know that taking a pill isn't going to be making a life long change, but I'm just looking for a way to get myself back on track. I used Alli for 2 months when I first began my weight loss journey, and after that I was confident enough to lose the rest of the weight myself (-70lbs) Its just like a mental thing with me. Once I see some weight starting to drop, I am more motivated to not eat 5,000 calories every day.

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there was a question there..

Why don't you try appetite control by eating enough protein, fiber, fats and drinking enough water? A pill doesn't teach you anything and just because it's natural doesn't mean it's safe. Also, how it works for one person, how it affects one person, won't always be the same as how it will affect/ work for you.

It may kill your appetite however once you stop taking it you will have the same appetite.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I really wish there were safe, effective substances that could cure obesity once and for all, but I'm also skeptical since this industry is ripe with junk that does nothing other than take people's hard-earned money. That said, if you think it will help you, even just mentally, I don't see the harm. If it's just the ingredients you said, it shouldn't hurt anyway, which would be my biggest concern.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I really wish there were safe, effective substances that could cure obesity once and for all, but I'm also skeptical since this industry is ripe with junk that does nothing other than take people's hard-earned money. That said, if you think it will help you, even just mentally, I don't see the harm. If it's just the ingredients you said, it shouldn't hurt anyway, which would be my biggest concern.

Yeah its not that expensive and it seems really harmless so I guess its worth a try. Like I said, normally I wouldn't even question it, but because I know these people that have taken it, and it seems to work for them, it makes me wonder.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options

Yeah its not that expensive and it seems really harmless so I guess its worth a try. Like I said, normally I wouldn't even question it, but because I know these people that have taken it, and it seems to work for them, it makes me wonder.

Best of luck to you then and we'll expect a full report sometime in the future! :wink:
  • now_or_never13
    Options
    Sorry, I thought that I stated in the topic "HAS ANYONE HEARD OF ASSET?" And also, "Please don't give me **** about not needing a "quick fix."

Also, if you read my ticker, you will see that I do in fact know how to lose weight, I'm simply asking for information and reviews on this product because it intrigues me. Trust me lady, I probably know more about eating healthy than you do. Thanks

NEXT PLEASE

Not sure who you were referring to however being rude and having that attitude doesn't get you anywhere. You post on a public forum expect to hear from both sides.. whether it's what you want to hear or not.

Clearly what you are doing has been working... so why change it?
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    Sorry, I thought that I stated in the topic "HAS ANYONE HEARD OF ASSET?" And also, "Please don't give me **** about not needing a "quick fix."

Also, if you read my ticker, you will see that I do in fact know how to lose weight, I'm simply asking for information and reviews on this product because it intrigues me. Trust me lady, I probably know more about eating healthy than you do. Thanks

NEXT PLEASE

Not sure who you were referring to however being rude and having that attitude doesn't get you anywhere. You post on a public forum expect to hear from both sides.. whether it's what you want to hear or not.

I posted the topic wanting to hear from people who had heard about this product or have tried it, not someone who wanted to teach me a lesson about eating more protein and drinking more water. You know nothing about Asset, and yet for some reason you feel the need to comment on a thread about it. I don't appreciate condescending comments.

And yes, what I did was working out fine, however I've been stuck in a rut lately and was looking for something to give me a boost
  • now_or_never13
    Options

NEXT PLEASE

I posted the topic wanting to hear from people who had heard about this product or have tried it, not someone who wanted to teach me a lesson about eating more protein and drinking more water. You know nothing about Asset, and yet for some reason you feel the need to comment on a thread about it. I don't appreciate condescending comments.

And yes, what I did was working out fine, however I've been stuck in a rut lately and was looking for something to give me a boost

I'm not sure what part of my comment was condescending. I was simply making a suggestion on what else you could try. Never once did I call it a quick fix. I just simply gave alternate ideas and stated a question... so relax.

You really need to not think you know everything which is how what you have written makes you sound. You know nothing about what I know about the pill nor do you know what I know about healthy eating. Asset is basically just a fiber pill in a multi-level marketing company. It claims to increase your metabolism which a pill can't do (unless it is packed full of caffeine and even than it only increases metabolism a small small amount). The main ingredient in these is cellulose... which is a form of fiber that is of really no value to the body. It is processed and not something that I personally would want to put in my body (cellulose is used in paper, cardboard and wallpaper paste). These pills also claim to "detox to remove fat" which can't be done. It is a version of PGX that has been on the market for a while now. I was suggesting more protein, fiber and water as appetite surpressants as they will work probably better than the pill while providing you with more nutrients. Wanna tell me again I know nothing?

You're free to do what you want and put into your body what you want to. When you post on a public forum be prepared to hear opinions and advice from any sides of the issue. I do know what Asset is and I definately know how to eat healthy... so seriously, stop assuming you know everything and jumping to conclusions.

I really don't appreciate the attitude you gave and how rude you seem you can be. Please, learn how to be respectful.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    If you lost 63 lbs without the pill, why use it now. Just keep doing what you are doing and be patient. I guarantee that pill is nothing but a placebo.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Maybe you aren't eating enough. You seems mighty hangry.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

NEXT PLEASE

If you knew so much about eating healthy, you would not even be considering throwing your money away on a faddy appetite suppressant. Your attitude is really rather unpleasant as well. Wonder if there is a pill for that?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Correct!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Well, OP, you've set the tone for this thread. Good luck with that.
  • now_or_never13
    Options

NEXT PLEASE

If you knew so much about eating healthy, you would not even be considering throwing your money away on a faddy appetite suppressant. Your attitude is really rather unpleasant as well. Wonder if there is a pill for that?

^ +1
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Well, OP, you've set the tone for this thread. Good luck with that.

Agreed. You've pretty much made up your mind. If you want reviews, you can also do a google search and maybe Amazon. Go ahead, give them a try and best of luck.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

NEXT PLEASE

How is keeping control of who posts in YOUR thread working out for you?

It's a farce. Diet and exercise works, quick fixes don't. This pill is the same as all the other OTC options.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Before I start, I'm sure people will give me a bunch of *kitten* about "not looking for a quick fix" etc, so just don't.

YOU"RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

Two friends I work with have recently tried this supplement ...... They both say that it really does kill your appetite, and many days they would actually be concerned that they weren't eating ENOUGH
    bunkisdone_zps2ade1e14.gif

. I know that taking a pill isn't going to be making a life long change,

indeed_zpsa7793c05.gif
  • now_or_never13
    Options

YOU"RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

Two friends I work with have recently tried this supplement ...... They both say that it really does kill your appetite, and many days they would actually be concerned that they weren't eating ENOUGH
    bunkisdone_zps2ade1e14.gif

. I know that taking a pill isn't going to be making a life long change,

indeed_zpsa7793c05.gif

LOL !
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxjlw4AnIX1rn1xxfo1_250.gif
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Is this a pill or a suppository? If its the latter I think it could suppress an appetite.

halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-medic-suppository.jpg
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I just read a s s capsules. Hey to each their own.

YhCcc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.