Most embarrassing concert you've been to

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I don't think I can pick a most embarrassing.

Backstreet Boys

NSync

Backstreet Boys- Front row

98 degrees- Front row and I slept outside in 2 degree weather overnight for those and then went on crutches to the concert after knee surgery LOL

Joey McIntyre (from NKOTB)

And most recently NKOTBSB in Hershey in 2011.

You're in the wrong thread. This is supposed to be embarrassing concerts.
    ^This.

I saw BSB when I was 10. I was in the third row...I could taste AJ's sweat...

Third best day of my life.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Doobie Brothers. Lots of old people getting high, it was weird.
    My first James Taylor concert, there were granny panties thrown at the stage.

I wish I was kidding. I'm not.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Great White and White Snake in concert in 1988 at the USF Sun Dome. A sold out show. In the 80s, people had no shame or sense.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Neil Diamond. I went with my mom because her friend bailed and she didn't want to go alone. I felt a little weird about it, but my mom had taken me to concerts I'm sure she hated when I was a teen, so I was happy to return the favor. I got to the concert and saw that every person there was a mom and their twenty-something college-aged kid they had dragged along. We all made eye contact with each other like "Yeah, you too?"

A whole new level of embarrassment was reached when he got on stage, and I realized I could sing along with every single song he sang. Apparently those long car trips in the eighties with the cassette tape indoctrinated me more than I had realized. :)
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    NELSON! (remember them? no? neither does anyone else... *sigh*)

:ohwell:
    OMG, I loved Nelson. They were my first CD. And I will not hang my head in shame for that.

I had a HUGE Nelson poster in my bedroom in 7th grade. The picture was about 70% hair.
  • Wenchilada
    Options
    DC Talk and Audio Adrenaline in high school... sigh.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I win hands down:

I saw mind you with my girlfriend at the time her parents invited me to dinner then concert after, are you ready for this:

Tom Jones!! We were probably in the 6th row, never seen so many panties being thrown on stage OMG...

I cannot get those tight leather pants out of my brain it will be with me forever ugh!! Scary...

See I win...

I would love to see Tom Jones!

Me too! He's still awesome!!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Well the American Idol tour when Fantasia won was by far the worst but I think I get a pass because I took my daughters and they were thrilled .

but ok .. here it goes .. ahem ahem .. Barry Manilow!! OMG I can't stand him and I went with a friend who is a die hard fan .. I don't know who I wanted to kill more that night

^^ I've never been to a Barry concert but I do lock myself in my bathroom and blast his music when I'm angry. I'm strange.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    American Idol tour a couple years back...it was actually pretty good.

Somebody report that to the MODS QUICK

Theres a line buddie, theres a line

Lol, at least it can be viewed as embarrassing by some. I can't believe peeps are posting Motley Crue, Poison, Whitesnake, etc. Those are/were great bands! Around that time I went to my best concert ever....KISS/Slaughter/Winger ;)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Backstreet Boys

NSync

98 degrees- Front row and I slept outside in 2 degree weather overnight for those and then went on crutches to the concert after knee surgery LOL

^This.

2nFcrbU.jpg

With Howie Dorough at my cousin's wedding back in... 2006 or 2007? We're totes tight.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Cher with the Village People.
  • Wenchilada
    Options
    Hootie and the mfkn Blowfish

Shutup! It was for a girl!

Of course it was.....:p

One of my best friends in high school tried to get tickets to Hootie concerts on several occasions... but each time, it seemed like someone in his family died and he had to go to a funeral instead of obsessively redialing Ticketmaster. I think it was a sign.

THAT SAID.

I would like to go to a Hootie concert. Feel free to hate me. The songs that didn't get played to death on the radio are damn good, in my terrible opinion.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Backstreet Boys

NSync

^This.

2nFcrbU.jpg

With Howie Dorough at my cousin's wedding back in... 2006 or 2007? We're totes tight.

I would have asked to have at least one of his babies if it brought me closer to AJ. :heart:
  • AmesMc1972
    AmesMc1972 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I win hands down:

I saw mind you with my girlfriend at the time her parents invited me to dinner then concert after, are you ready for this:

Tom Jones!! We were probably in the 6th row, never seen so many panties being thrown on stage OMG...

I cannot get those tight leather pants out of my brain it will be with me forever ugh!! Scary...

See I win...

I think my Oakridge Boys trumps your Tom Jones. Come ON! Have you never heard the song "Elvira"?!

:laugh:
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I saw hootie and the blowfish, 98*, Amy Grant, Carmen, jethro Tull, styxx, journey (with Steve perry), blood, sweat, and tears, and several more that I can't think of right now... I'm not embarrassed of any of them, though some might be!! I'm proud of my questionable taste in music. I like what I like!
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    Hanson, I think i was 9..
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Air Supply
    Ugh.

Dear GOD!! can you still hear? did you lose function totally? sweet Jesus that must have sucked bad.

I recovered my hearing, but my sight was damaged for a little while. lol
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Fall Out Boy and Plain White T's.. It was free at my university.

*hangs head in shame*
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My first concert ever is my most embarrassing one back in 90's. My parents were separated at the time and my father had us for a few weeks one summer. As we were driving down to NC he informed my brother and me that he had picked us up tickets to an extremely popular band. The next night my brother and I got to listen to thousands of teenage girls scream as we suffered through
    New Kids on the Block

I still haven't recovered.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ricky Martin...