Most embarrassing concert you've been to

Options

Replies

• Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Great White and White Snake in concert in 1988 at the USF Sun Dome. A sold out show. In the 80s, people had no shame or sense.

<whispers> I still like Great White </whispers><runs away>

I have heard that Great White would put on a killer show.
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    Tool

Maynard was hiding behind the speakers, came out to take pictures of his band members on his cell phone while singing, went back into reclusive mode behind the speakers. The light show was okay, but it was just like they were playing a light show in the convention center. Everyone was seated...and the kid beside me was fist pumping so hard, I thought he was going to clock me in the face a few times. He smelled FOUL and every time he raised his fist, a stench of dead rats wafted from his armpits. He almost cried from how excited he was that tool was playing. He was even biting his fingers before he started fist pumping again, sending saliva everywhere.

That was like, eighty dollars not well spent.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Probably 3/4 of you guys don't know her.. but for me it's Ginette Renaud, I was maybe 14 years old... but she has an amazing powerful voice.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options

I have heard that Great White would put on a killer show.

I see what you did there. ;)

Mine would have to be a tie between Barry Mannilow and Neil Diamond. It was the early 80s and I was an only child. My parents were too cheap to get a babysitter. Ugh.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Air Supply. My mom took me when I was 11.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    The J. Geils Band.

I saw them a couple years back. Could have been a cool concert, but the lead singer was totally wasted and kept falling over. He had to stop to take a breather halfway through most of his songs.

Plus most people in the audience also passed out.
  • scottjames84
    Options
    2006 HIM Vegas concert.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I was new in town, 23 years old and childless, and went in to see a free concert by a band I'd never heard of - Banana Slug String Band - thinking it was some indie college band from UCSC (their mascot is the Banana Slug, and we WERE in Santa Cruz, after all). Then I started wondering when I saw a bunch of people come in with kids, and thought "oh great, hope these kids are behaved during the show - I want to hear the music". Then the band came out, dressed as mooses and apples, and...yeah. It was a kids band. And I had no kids, and was now trapped in the middle of the seating, surrounded by dancing toddlers. Awkward! I managed to get out within three songs.

That is freakin funny.
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Heart
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I saw Machinehead and who opened for them? No Doubt. Awful. In my defense, I was 11, or 10. I swear I didn't know any better.

No Doubt put on one of the best shows I've ever seen; anger at you.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    My dad got me free tickets to see Tom Jones..it was cool..until he sang "whats new *****cat" and the women were throwing underwear on stage...ewwwwwwww..this was early 90s..just gross..we left early and got drunk to get the vision of those panties out of our heads
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Linkin Park. Terrible. I only went to see Chiodos and Coheed & Cambria because they were opening.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options
    OH. I thought you meant where I embarrasssed myself. . No?

Carry on, then.
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A Tribe Called Quest. It was spring fling in college. We had the Violent Femmes the year before, so I had such high hopes.
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I saw Machinehead and who opened for them? No Doubt. Awful. In my defense, I was 11, or 10. I swear I didn't know any better.

No Doubt put on one of the best shows I've ever seen; anger at you.

Totally be angry. That leads to better music. ;)
    I'm still traumatized over this event though I'm very happy to say my recovery has gone well without any relapses.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Powerstation, hands down
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Air Supply. My mom took me when I was 11.

Air Supply.

But I was in high school and was allowed to go with a friend and stay all night in another city. Sigh. Doesn't make it sound much cooler, does it?
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Billy Ocean. Only went cos the woman wanted to go and I wanted her. Would have gone to Milli Vanilli if I had to.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    My mom made me take her to a Neil Diamond concert when I was 16.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    ermergerd!

NKOTB, Rick Astley, Martika, The Bangles (they were actually cool), LA GUNS (high on Acid)