Eating 1200 calories a day/burning 600 not losing weight

Options
I work out everyday at least 500 to 600 calories a day and I take in 1200 calories a day minus the ones I am burining. I even join kickboxing classes. I am eating fish, brown rice, wheat bread etc and I am not losing any weight! I am a 46 year old women and I cannot understand why the weight is not coming off. can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I weight 130 and I am trying to get down to 120. Thanks!

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8017-in-place-of-a-road-map

Please start here. This will explain it all.
  • hollyjo01
    hollyjo01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    having the SAME issues!!!! makes u want to give up!
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying and how tall are you?
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You're under eating and over exercising.

^^This.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8017-in-place-of-a-road-map

Please start here. This will explain it all.

for emphasis.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options

!!!

In reality, you're actually eating about 600 calories a day.
    No bueno.

Unless you're eating those calories back.
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    how are your clothes fitting?

you could just be changing your body composition.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to eat those 600 calories burned in exercise back. Also, how carefully are you measuring your food? Estimating serving sizes is not going to work for most people. I would suggest using the following to set your calories as an option.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Got EM2WL website! There are also threads here under that name as well.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I work out everyday at least 500 to 600 calories a day and I take in 1200 calories a day minus the ones I am burining.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgSlwV0vTLGGCKWOyYZCf1RG27jH4oLdIs9orMFs6nHKCoTh5_4Q
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It would help if your diary was public, so people could check out what exactly you're eating, how much water you intake, your sodium, etc.
    Also, do you mean that you're only eating 1200 cals and then burning 600 on top of that? Or that you're eating 1200 plus the 600 you're burning? Because if you're only eating 1200 overall and then burning 600, it means you only net 600 cals a day, which is definitely not enough. Try eating back at least some of your exercise calories if you aren't already.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I work out everyday at least 500 to 600 calories a day and I take in 1200 calories a day minus the ones I am burining. I even join kickboxing classes. I am eating fish, brown rice, wheat bread etc and I am not losing any weight! I am a 46 year old women and I cannot understand why the weight is not coming off. can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I weight 130 and I am trying to get down to 120. Thanks!

You should only be aiming for 1/2lb per week weight loss if you only want to lose 10lbs.

And, instead of only eating 1200 calories, eat back your exercise calories like MFP wants you to do. The program was designed that way for a reason.