Why should I go VEGAN??

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sadly, the predators eat too much animal products and end up with debilitating diseases as a result.

Are you suggesting that hawks, mountain lions, and the other predators all die of cardiovascular disease :-P

No, they die of lacking human intelligence.

Now I am lost, so humans don't die too? Or is it vegans that live forever? Has there been a study done on how long really smart vegans live?
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sadly, the predators eat too much animal products and end up with debilitating diseases as a result.

Are you suggesting that hawks, mountain lions, and the other predators all die of cardiovascular disease :-P

No, they die of lacking human intelligence.

Now I am lost, so humans don't die too? Or is it vegans that live forever? Has there been a study done on how long really smart vegans live?

I was just being a smarta$$.
  • quixotic84
    quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you value your social life, think again. My sister and brother in law visited me last year for 2 weeks, and had become Vegan before they came. I love my sister and they have visited us many times in the past. However, this time it was a complete nightmare and I will never ask them to stay with us again. Shopping was a mission - every packet had to be read to ensure no honey, butter or milk were in any product, and this became a time consuming drudge.They also wouldn't eat quorn or soya for some reason?? I tried cooking and eating Vegan for the first week, but became very ill, weak and had constant headaches. We couldn't go to nice restaurants ( we live in Portsmouth in England - she lives in Seattle in the USA and I think vegans are better catered for there ) Neighbours who invited us over for coffee had to hear about why they wouldn't try the cake that had been baked for them etc. It is enough to have visitors ( we are all in our 70's) and I am happy to be hospitable, but to impose such strict dietary limitiations on hosts is not reasonable, when there is no medical reason for the food restrictions. They were vegetarian before and I could cope with that - no problems. We had cheese and there was plenty we could eat. This time however it really was very bad. In the past I have invited them to share our time share holidays with us, but not any more. I was made miserable and although I know what they eat is their choice - and it has been an environmental, political and social choice for them. However to impose this on others is not reasonable. So if you do go Vegan - don't visit your relatives unless you are willing to relax the regime a bit while you are a guest in somebody else's house.

WOW. How inconsiderate and rude can a person get? I would imagine *they* would never want to visit someone as rude as *you*! I am not a vegetarian or a vegan but have lived with vegans and vegetarians and respected their choices. I even asked that my birthday cake be made vegan so that it could be enjoyed by my friends as well. Vegan cake actually has less ingredients so if you or those entertaining people who you know are vegans couldn't take one minute to Google a vegan cake recipe you probably shouldn't bother socializing with others because you suck at it. How incredibly disrespectful - your family was taking up too much of your time with their grocery shopping? Really? I am more considerate to friends than you were to your own family! Learn some manners!
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    A good place to start for someone who wants to learn about the Vegetarian diet is:

http://pcrm.org/health/diets/vsk/vegetarian-starter-kit