Avocado. How do YOU eat it?

Options

Replies

• Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like mine mediterranean style, cut in half, remove pit, sprinkle each side with some sea salt and greek seasonings, fill each hole with feta cheese (Please don't buy low fat feta, barf.) And then drizzle some high quality olive oil over each of them and dig in with a fork. Yum. Optionally you can dice up some kalamata olives and throw that on top as well.
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    I like mine mediterranean style, cut in half, remove pit, sprinkle each side with some sea salt and greek seasonings, fill each hole with feta cheese (Please don't buy low fat feta, barf.) And then drizzle some high quality olive oil over each of them and dig in with a fork. Yum. Optionally you can dice up some kalamata olives and throw that on top as well.

omg. y-u-m.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    With my fingers. Raw. Soft. Just me and the avocado in a quiet spot where I devour it whole.....
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I can eat it with anything.. P.S. don't keep it in the fridge, you want it to ripen!

ok but can they get too soft?? I bought a pack of them at Costco and ended up putting them in the fridge after a couple of days b/c I was afraid they would get too ripe. How long can you keep them on the counter??

If I buy the CostCo pack, I put them ALL in the fridge except the one I plan to consume. When I am 1-2 days away from the next one, I take that one out and put it on the counter to "ripen". They should maintain nicely in the fridge for a few weeks that way.

I never eat the whole thing at once. So I put the unused portion, with the pit still in it, in a sealed plastic bag back in the fridge and finish it in the next 2-3 days.

OMG THANK YOU! I've been buying the Costco pack as well and keep cursing because they ripen so fast!! I didn't know you could put in the fridge to slow it down...lifesaver!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    right out of the shell with a spoon and the pit hole filled with salsa

or take an egg and crack it into the pit hole and bake at 425 until the egg is how you like it done, top with whatever you like to top your eggs with and enjoy.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i have had it for breakfast(harder one) with a lil equal and milk eat it like cereal, very stange but my coworker is from the philippines and she had me try that . was tasty
  • starbuckette
    starbuckette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half, put a little soy sauce in each half and eat with a spoon. Tastes like sushi! YUM!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question!?!?!?!?!?! What planet do you come from!?!?!:bigsmile:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I eat it with EVERYTHING. I have yet to find a way to eat it that I don't like. Ever.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    In addition to the many ways already listed I like to cut it in half and fill with sunflower seeds. Salty+savory Crunchy+smooth. Ah-mazing.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    right out of the shell with a spoon and the pit hole filled with salsa

or take an egg and crack it into the pit hole and bake at 425 until the egg is how you like it done, top with whatever you like to top your eggs with and enjoy.

This sounds like I want to try it... but I'm not sure. :huh:
  • shirleylmartin
    shirleylmartin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yuck. I don't eat it. lol!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    avocado makes everything better!

seriously.

chocolate avocado mousse
    fried avocado tacos
    avocado, cilantro and arugula salad
    avocado with salt ---> eat with spoon
    avocado lime cream pasta
    avocado, rice and beans
    avocado + carrots
    avocado green juice
    avocado mashed on toast with bits of red onion and cracked pepper w/sea salt
    homemade guac. nuff said.

if it's too ripe... make an avocado mask ---> make your hair and skin glorious!

hail the avocado!!

{bear in mind I only discovered the avocado recently after years of thinking I hated them. so i'm a little over-excited with discovering how awesome it is! }
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half, put pepper and salt on it and some balsamico vinegar and eat it with a spoon.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Anyway i Can.. MMMM mmmm MMMmmmm..

Cali woman here and we love avocados.. plus I've found out how good they are for your body .. and they are good even if you have

high cholesterol ..

Avo Gobble Gobble is a good choice.. love the turkey sandwich with a few slices of avocado
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    With a spoon and salt.

Sliced on any sandwich.

On crackers, on bread.

I will them on a plane, I will eat them on a train, I will eat them in a boat, I will eat them with a goat, I will eat them here or there, I will eat them anywhere, I will eat them Sam I Am, I will eat avocados and spam.

You lost me at Spam.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just eat it right out of the skin, I love avocado so much!

You can mash it up on toast, add it to brothy soups (like tortilla soup), mash it up and add black beans and put the stuff in a tortilla, put it in a protein smoothie (with milk, a little sweetener/sugar, vanilla whey, it's nice).

Heck, I don't even get fancy sometimes and just crumble bacon on a bunch of avocado slices.

Also good: With tuna sashimi and soy sauce.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Love some of these ideas! I like to dice avocado, tomato and cut up pieces of shrimp. Mix together & add small amount of salsa or simply drizzle with lemon. So delicious.
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Cowboy caviar! Super yummy AND healthy! :)
  • dkward11
    dkward11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat addicted to my guacamole :heart:

Mashed avocado, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and salt. All to taste... sooo good! Tastes good on everything too!