What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mommy, pay sucks but the benefits are amazing ;)

^^ Hardest job out there. Kudos to any SAHM.

Aww thanks, not many people understand how demanding it is.

I was a SAHM but couldn't handle the stress so I went back to work in retail management! Seriously.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Mercenary. Gun for hire. A spandex and leather wearing vigilante who single handedly defeats foes while delivering spontaneous yet clever one-liners and then sashays into the disappearing night.

Oh, you mean what I actually do, not what I imagine myself doing????

*crickets*
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am a *mostly* stay at home mommy (best "job" ever!), but when I do go get paid, I get to help other families welcome their sweet miracles into this world. I am a c-section technician :)
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    Stay at home mother. College student online (toward bachelor's in health care administration), and freelance writer for clients online. Someday I'd like to join the military, maybe become an officer, and definitely a hospital/health care administrator after I earn my masters degree. I used to be a registered/licensed pharmacy technician when I lived in Texas. Sometimes I babysit for people in my community as well. Right now, my kids are 3 and 4, so it's important for me to spend my time at home with them, and to be there for my fiance when he comes home from work.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm a Research Analyst for an Engineering company; but at night I'm going to college for Nursing. :)

Love it! I'm an Internal Auditor but will be secretly taking classes for Dietetics at night starting in June ;)
  • Laurieann137
    Laurieann137 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm a mortuary affairs officer for the Army. I get to take care of all the fallen ones. Very depressing job, but very rewarding at the end. I get to send them home looking their best!

Wow...that must be a very tough (emotional) job. Thank you for your service in doing it though.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I currently stay at home, but only b/c my career field is a soul sucking horror that I don't want to do anymore, so I am raising my kids and working on getting the "Dr." before my name so I don't ever have to go back to what I used to do.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i'm a freshmen in college (commuter college) and i still have no idea what i want to major in :o
    I'm thinking about getting a job this summer though!
  • sclarktiw
    sclarktiw Posts: 217
    Options
    My full time job is a loving husband and dad.

My part time jobs are:

1 - Project Co- ordinator for a steel erection company that builds crude oil storage tanks in refineries as well as at tank storage facilites.
    2 - I also am a volunteer firefighter in my spare time.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm a Research Analyst for an Engineering company; but at night I'm going to college for Nursing. :)

Love it! I'm an Internal Auditor but will be secretly taking classes for Dietetics at night starting in June ;)

That's awesome! It's definitely not easly.. I work usually 50+ hours a week, with class 4 nights a week, it kind of wears you out mentally. And on top of that making time for the gym... But only a couple more semesters until Nursing school full time! Woop woop!
  • rachmatt
    Options
    I'm a mortuary affairs officer for the Army. I get to take care of all the fallen ones. Very depressing job, but very rewarding at the end. I get to send them home looking their best!

Wow...that must be a very tough (emotional) job. Thank you for your service in doing it though.

It can be at times.. but I deal with the deceased, I always think the harder jobs are those of my co-workers. They deal with the actual family members, and at times it can be real tough! I might gripe about my job a lot, but in the end... It's my honor! I was so lucky to fall into this position. When I was in the military all I did was admin. Kinda just fell into the job. #blessed and lucky
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm a design/build Lighting Contractor
  • rachmatt
    Options
    I currently stay at home, but only b/c my career field is a soul sucking horror that I don't want to do anymore, so I am raising my kids and working on getting the "Dr." before my name so I don't ever have to go back to what I used to do.

Raising kids is hard! But I would do anything to be able to stay at home! But then again, that would consist of some cleaning too... I'm not really good at that. I'm a big clean freak, but I hate cleaning... does that make sense? LOL!
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a Jane of all trades. I teach college part time at two different institutions -- one University and one community college. Right now I'm teaching Sociology of Gender, Sociology of Sexuality, Sociology of Gender and Health, and Intro to Sociology. I also occasionally teach courses in Anthropology, Women's Studies, and Religious Studies. When I'm not teaching, I'm a freelance writer and editor, as well as an erstwhile aromatherapist, herbalist, and soapmaker. I have an Etsy shop where I sell my wares and also vend at natural health events, alternative spirituality festivals, and the like.
  • sclarktiw
    sclarktiw Posts: 217
    Options
    @sofielien

Actually you must be a negative person to think that...

A positive person would think this is a great networking post for those that are thinking of other careers or options...I for one am enjoying reading this...
  • jrowens3224
    jrowens3224 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm an accountant at a hospital :smile:
  • appyred
    appyred Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a Respiratory Therapist working nights and stay at home mom when not working. It is tough but I love staying home with my son.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Intersting diversity of souls here. Cool.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I pass myself off as an IT expert :)
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Real Estate landlord, investor, agent. Wow, there are some interesting people in here! I'd love to know more about the judgement and lein buyer and hats off the the person that tends to the fallen military.