breakfast is my fav meal of the day -
    i eat:
    - oatmeal (multigrain) with a tbsp of flaxseed oil
    - low fat frozen yogurt and blueberries
    yummmm!
  • herebeeri
    herebeeri Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My standard workday breakfast is 1 sachet of sultana, raisin, cranberry and apple Oats So Simple Porridge with semi skimmed milk & ~50g fresh blueberries followed by ~80g Total 0% Greek yoghurt with a handful of berries (often I have blueberries here too because they're just so yum!). Comes in at under 350kcal and is delicious (I find plain porridge hard work too!).

At weekends a soft boiled egg and slice of wholemeal/seedy toast (soldiers) with a scrape of Lurpak lighter spreadable followed by the yoghurt/berry combination goes down very nicely!
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    today was wholemeal pitta bread with mashed banana , 10g peanut butter, tiny but of apple jelly. often i eat poached eggs and rye crackers.
  • nau05242
    nau05242 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I have homemade oatbran pancakes (which I batch cook then freeze for convenience) toped with smoked salmon, reduced sugar & salt baked beans and poached egg respectively. On Tuesday and Thursday I have porridge oats with dried prunes, dried berry mix or fresh blueberries. Without fail I have half a grapefruit (I try to rotate the colours) or 200g of melon as an accompaniment I drink green tea (or coffee if I need it) too.

On Saturday and Sunday I tend to have a weight watchers bagel with poached egg, lean bacon or veggie sausages.

I LOVE breakfast time and am always super hungry so cereal just doesn’t cut it for me.
  • marcharing
    Options
    Breakfast for me comes at about 8.00PM!!!!!!!!!!!

(Hear gasps of horror)

For a 52 year old, i'm not doing to bad on 1 meal a day.
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have porridge most days but when I have more time I make scrambled eggs and mix in some low fat cream cheese (philidelphia) at the end and some chopped chives if I have them and occaisionally smoked salmon.

Another favourite is dried fried mushrooms, onion and garlic, when cooked add some philidelphia and either a little low fat creme fraiche or milk to loosen it, I usually chop a veggie sausage into the mix and eat it as it is. Also good on toast.
  • alwayskungfu
    Options
    Porridge with mixed nuts and raisens
    Unsweetend muslie with hand ful of mixed nuts
    Seeded batch bread toast with peanut butter
    2whole egg Ham tomatoe omelet, though cooking in the monring is a chore and all the extra washing up is annoying lol:ohwell: :happy: