Presentation on hot topic To Spank or Not To Spank

Options

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I spank daily, whether he needs it or not.

I'm sure, with your flist, he needs it at least daily.

at least
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I was spanked growing up but I do not spank my children. While I am not opposed to it, our kids respond well to timeouts. The spankings would have occurred if they did not respond to the time outs.

That being said:

mphg-anthrax.png
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    We've had this thread before, and if past is any indicator of future behavior things in here are going to get so ugly we're all gonna need a good spanking.

me first
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't spank my kids. Not even a slap on the hand. I don't think it teaches kids right from wrong. I read a lot of parenting books this year (my son was entering the terrible 2's and I was finding myself re-thinking the whole no spanking thing) and while all of them had different parenting techniques, the one common message was that spanking was more detrimental than beneficial. One book in particular called Brain Rules for Baby stated that the research linking spanking and behavioral issues is more robust than the linkage between exposure to lead and lowered IQ.

I think hitting a child takes no effort while parenting using logical persuasion and influence does.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I was spanked.......

last weekend.

You're just trying to rub it in that I'm single...

I'm single too....i just got spanked is all....
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I was spanked.......

last weekend.

me too!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed, I was expecting something entirely different.

New question: Do the naughty girls like spankings?

Yes. And I've been very, very naughty.

Yes, and I strongly believe in giving spankings, naughty or not.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

Ah, why'd you delete your, "I think it's appropriate to spank in dangerous situations, like if the kid almost touched an electric socket"? :(

I didn't feel like hate mail on a Monday!!!:wink:

Plus - this thread was going in a much more fun direction! :heart:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I would like to confess that I have been a very very bad girl.
    And thats all I have on this subject.
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    did some spanking this morning:tongue:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed, I was expecting something entirely different.

This.
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    To provide a serious answer..........

As a child, my mother would beat me, in the form of a spanking of course. The spanking was administered using a wide leather belt on a bare bottom. A number of times my father would pull her off of me. When my father wasn't around, use your imagination. My last "spanking" was at 15. At that point in my life I refused to give her the satisfaction of screaming or crying. I took the beating without making a sound.

I also endured numerous instances of slaps across the face.

This is NOT spanking.

I did spank my children using my bare hand. A spanking was for a serious offense. I would first let my child know that they were going to be spanked, and the reason for the spanking. Then a couple of swats on the rear........while clothed........ and that was it. The spanking was more for shock value than to inflict pain.

The last time my four got spanked, all at the same time, they each put a book in their pants which I discovered after the first swat. We all laughed, and that was it. No more spankings.

Should a child be spanked. Yes, I think there is a time when this is appropriate. Should a child be slaped across the face? Never!!.......... beaten.............NEVER!!!! Regarding punishment, regardless of the form, the child should be told why they are being punished.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I was spanked.......

last weekend.

Link to the video....anyone want it?
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    For those disappointed on the actual topic of this thread, you need to go to Fetlife.com
  • lrichardson2360
    Options
    I did spank my children using my bare hand. A spanking was for a serious offense. I would first let my child know that they were going to be spanked, and the reason for the spanking. Then a couple of swats on the rear........while clothed........ and that was it. The spanking was more for shock value than to inflict pain.

The last time my four got spanked, all at the same time, they each put a book in their pants which I discovered after the first swat. We all laughed, and that was it. No more spankings.

Should a child be spanked. Yes, I think there is a time when this is appropriate. Should a child be slaped across the face? Never!!.......... beaten.............NEVER!!!! Regarding punishment, regardless of the form, the child should be told why they are being punished.

Seriously, though, I'm all about this ^^^
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    For those disappointed on the actual topic of this thread, you need to go to Fetlife.com

Oh I think enough people here belong to both. For some there's no difference between the two.
  • lrichardson2360
    Options

Oh I think enough people here belong to both. For some there's no difference between the two.

That's probably true Brett, but at least on Fetlife it's censor-free!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

yes but fetlife isn't work friendly....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Was spanked as a kid, but have never spanked my own. From my own experience, I figured out that if I was afraid to get hit, others would too and started using it on my brothers to try to get my way. With my daughter, time outs and speaking with a tone that's "angry" has seemed to work well and we end up communicating better.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lrichardson2360
    Options

yes but fetlife isn't work friendly....

True, but that's what my smartphone is for :wink: