the dangers of diet soda

Options

Replies

• aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    mmmmhmmmm....*sips another Diet Mnt Dew*....it's ok, my wife, the Phd in Genetics, says this is all bs....moving on.

I'd love to hear what your wife who has a phd in genetics has to say about dihydrogen monoxide

I don't think that very many of the people responding have taken your advice and Googled DHMO. Personally, I've known the dangers of DHMO for years, and I find the DHMO Research Division website fascinating, yet I continue to consume the stuff in large volume. <sigh> ;-)

lol me too.. it's heartbreaking. I simply cannot live without it.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    LOL IT'S WATER GET IT GUYZ

This joke is so old and so irritating. Give it a rest.

Bahahahahaha! DUH!! :flowerforyou:
  • denvervegan
    denvervegan Posts: 11 Member
    Options

apparently not old enough

Don't kid yourself, that's a very dead horse you're beating. Dead and incredibly unfunny and unoriginal.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    There are worse things to worry about than diet soda. The thing is, nobody who drinks it actually thinks, "This diet soda is GOOD for me." We know. We get it. Diet soda is terrible, we should drink water, ok.
    mmmm....diet soda (weaknesses involve diet coke, diet dr. pepper, and the cherry variations thereon). Yes. I drink like...8ish a day. It's not great, but it's not bad either. I'm getting 64 oz of water a day, and I'm happy (I don't drink coffee, so this is my caffeine, and I love the way the bubbles dance upon my tongue). It's not great for me, but there are worse things, and it's not like it's bad. People talk about it like I'm chugging 12 oz of veggie oil or something.

PS really? You have nothing better to do with your time than create a fake post? How...sad....for you....
  • amyrosehannon
    Options
    Bahhahahaha this made me smile :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't think diet soda is good for you either, however, I found it to be a highly useful temporary substitution for sugar drinks as I transitioned from liquid sugar to green tea and then finally to water. There is a place for diet soda and it is a good temporary solution for many. :drinker:

ETA: Yeah haha, funny joke fools dumb people haha...:indifferent: But seriously, diet sodas aren't good for you, but they are better than the alternative for a lot of people...
  • speedgraphic19
    Options
    I probably shouldn't be surprised that people are still falling for this joke, but...
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I have drant diet soda for 28 years due to diabetes and I'm still safe and will never switch. I think reg soda tastes like syrup.......
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's H2O folks.....

Thank you. My brain was hurting.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    There are worse things to worry about than diet soda. The thing is, nobody who drinks it actually thinks, "This diet soda is GOOD for me." We know. We get it. Diet soda is terrible, we should drink water, ok.
    mmmm....diet soda (weaknesses involve diet coke, diet dr. pepper, and the cherry variations thereon). Yes. I drink like...8ish a day. It's not great, but it's not bad either. I'm getting 64 oz of water a day, and I'm happy (I don't drink coffee, so this is my caffeine, and I love the way the bubbles dance upon my tongue). It's not great for me, but there are worse things, and it's not like it's bad. People talk about it like I'm chugging 12 oz of veggie oil or something.

It is, in fact, actually bad for you.
  • aross001
    Options

apparently not old enough

Don't kid yourself, that's a very dead horse you're beating. Dead and incredibly unfunny and unoriginal.

You destroyed me. My goal in life has been to be completely original, never treading a beaten path and I have utterly failed. What lessons are there to be learned on a road weary from so many feet? *picks flower and stares*

My hands shook so badly in typing this, I had to edit it three times to get it right.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    95% of the things we eat/do/drink/or even smell are dangerous, if we REALLY cared about it, we wouldnt have a life at all, or we would have a crappy one.
    MODERATION.... I rather have a diet soda once or twice a week, than being a complete ***** just cause im craving one and i cant have it.
  • aross001
    Options

It is, in fact, actually bad for you.

oh right.. srs now. Yeah, I guess there's some bad stuff in there. I try to cut down but I still have a can of diet coke here and there.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I can't believe and I am saddened by the number of people who did not understand what you were talking about...::facepalm::
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    95% of the things we eat/do/drink/or even smell are dangerous, if we REALLY cared about it, we wouldnt have a life at all, or we would have a crappy one.
    MODERATION.... I rather have a diet soda once or twice a week, than being a complete ***** just cause im craving one and i cant have it.

Amen and Amen! That's the way I feel about my snack cravings!
  • aross001
    Options
    I can't believe and I am saddened by the number of people who did not understand what you were talking about...::facepalm::

I thought for sure the first response was going to be someone calling me out and we could move on to a discussion about the chemicals we consume. Seems like this is still a lesson to be learned - don't accept the tone of an argument just because it sounds authoritative and has a bunch of unfamiliar words.
  • aross001
    Options

Amen and Amen! That's the way I feel about my snack cravings!

me too - I still eat stuff that is supposed to be bad but try to cut back but if I'm miserable what's the point? I've been slowly changing my habits, doing my research the best I can, and changing the BIG things. The rest comes later.. baby steps.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

I thought for sure the first response was going to be someone calling me out and we could move on to a discussion about the chemicals we consume. Seems like this is still a lesson to be learned - don't accept the tone of an argument just because it sounds authoritative and has a bunch of unfamiliar words.

it seems someone has looooots of free time on his hands, that he has to come and troll around. Good job mister, good job.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You destroyed me. My goal in life has been to be completely original, never treading a beaten path and I have utterly failed. What lessons are there to be learned on a road weary from so many feet? *picks flower and stares*

My hands shook so badly in typing this, I had to edit it three times to get it right.
    To some people, weight loss is apparently very serious business indeed. No room for humor.

Funny thread, but it gave me a headache from rolling my eyes so many times.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

Logical fallacies and scientific ignorance are the very fuel of the interwebz.
This discussion has been closed.