Embarrassing Food

Options
1234568»

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    That would be my love for wine and martinis!
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I used to do the melted cheese thing, too, but in a frying pan so it crisps up! Still prefer my grilled cheese open-face and crispy.

I have a toasted sandwich maker, but it's used for darker purposes - to get me and my companions through all-nighters (formerly uni projects, now our 24-hour gaming sessions) I created the abomination that is the chocolate toastie. 2 slices bread, 4 squares chocolate, butter the outside, bake till the inside is like delicious, delicious lava.

Generally, anything eaten during an all-nighter is a bad idea.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I used to eat just full dinner plates of melted cheese...So gross yet delicious.

same, i would nuke mozzarella and just eat it melted
    I seriously thought I was the only one, I feel beter knowing im not

Same!!
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my recovery food from long hikes tends to be a cheesy chip in the carpark before the drive home. Only time I can stomach that much grease and salt!
  • spiritedsaviour
    spiritedsaviour Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For me it is pizza, because it is a reminder that pizza is pretty much my kryptonite. I'm getting better at controlling my portions with most foods, but if you stick a pizza in front of me (even a large restaurant pizza) I can polish the whole thing off if I'm not careful.

^^^ this!! I can't resist pizza and really can eat a whole one to myself!
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips and sour cream, I eat way to many..
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    The cherry pie pockets with the crunch sugar glaze, like the ones Hostess (RIP) used to make. There's a brand that makes them with an even THICKER crust.. OMG, Hydrogenated vegetable oil, sugar, salt and flour in JUST the right combination of deliciousness.

ONE little pie has 480 calories, and ZERO redeeming qualities. It's just an incredibly embarrassing thing to have to add to my food diary. In the past two months I've slipped up and had one of these death pies.. I couldn't bring myself to add it to my diary.. I just did quick add the calories.

The WORST thing is I'm sensitive to wheat and I was sick for two days after eating the pie.. and even KNOWING that I'd be sick, I STILL ATE THE FREAKING PIE.. the allure is just that strong.

DUDE, The chocolate ones. I haven't had one since I was a small kid but you just reminded me of them! Holy cow... I used to stick them in the freezer and then chow down. (Adding that to my post competition diet treat list!)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    We have peach Graduates yogurt melts for my daughter. A quarter cup is 30 calories so if I take one yogurt melt it's maybe 1 calorie. They are super yummy and I'll take one and they are super yummy but.. I'M EATING BABY FOOD!!!!!
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Flamin hot cheetos

Skittles
  • HuwaydaS
    HuwaydaS Posts: 116
    Options
    Gummy bears :-S And I love love love cheddar cheese
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hot cheetos
    Sour cream and onion lays
    Takis(very spicy rolled up corn tortillas, common here near mexico)

Seriously if you gave me a family size bag of ANY of these a few months ago, I would 100% guarantee you that I will polish the bag off in a good 7 hours. They still get me from time to time though.
  • omanitshann
    Options
    i put greek yogurt on everything and my roommates thing I'm weird :D haha! but I'm not really embarrassed, its delicious.
  • SHELLY91011
    SHELLY91011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, I am trying to completely cut out gluten. I have been gluten free for 11 days. I suffer from migraines but since I have cut the gluten out, I haven't had one! But the food I miss that I could just eat and eat, are those almond wheatables, I could eat a whole box!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Nothing now I'm embarrassed of, but back in my 20's....frosting right out of the can. Oh, and cake batter. Never baked the cake, just sat and ate the batter.
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    mug brownies
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Sugar free strawberry glaze. The "frankenfood" gel that glows an unnaturally bright red color and could probably pass for radioactive waste.

But it's sooooo good, especially in Greek yogurt, and its only 10 calories for 2 tablespoons.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Up until recently, whenever I've made a Costco run I would always pick up two extra things...a container of salted caramel/chocolate-covered macadamia nuts, and a container of garlic lime marinated shrimp. The shrimp was usually gone the same day, and the chocolates took 2 days to polish off. Luckily I only go to Costco about once a month, but now I have to make very sure that I'm not hungry when I go because there's no way I'm putting those in my journal!
  • azanne07
    Options
    Nothing. It's food. I never have been nor will be embarassed.

^^This.

It did make me mad once when somebody critiqued my diary without my asking, telling me I eat too much processed food. 1. I didn't ask for your "expert" advice, 2. If you're not going to look at the big picture, you don't know how this works, and 3. I'm realistic, I don't consider ANY food to be "off limits" as long as it fits within my goals.

me too i am going to eat what i want to eat. a new lifestyle will never work if i give up all the food that i like. never had anyone tell me anything here. but i was a part of a group on cafemom and they would also get on me for eating anything that was bought in a resturant.