My journey so far & Success hopefully you agree - Pic Heavy

Options
tempest501
tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
Hi all,

So I am nearing the end of my weight loss Journey (I hope you agree) and Just a bit further and going to start getting bigger and stronger. So my story is I got fat as hell and decided last year in March to start doing something about it but unfortunately had to be away with work so did not really get started till May. Started trying to do the whole 5 meals a day thing and it worked for a short while but I wont lie it left me feeling hungry all the time. My weightloss seem to stagnate then so I tried Intermittent Fasting and for me was best thing I ever did as meant I could have two decent meals and just skip breakfast. Also this curbed my cravings. Im sure it does not work for everyone but for me was great and its how I got to where I am now. I still have a little way to go but bodyfat calipers are saying just under 16% so its going ok would like to get to 12%.

I have been doing a mixture of Light cardio, HIIT and recently I am adding some insanity into the mix. Been lifting for about 7-8 months and love it (do this 4 times a week). Only downside is have slight elbow injury at mo so cant push as much =C.

Anyway here are the pics (was quite hard to find some because I usually run from camera), I would love to get some honest opinions because despite how far I have come to be honest I still feel podgy lol

53001397376632271114863.jpg

1002486h.jpg

1003480o.jpg

1003031e.jpg

The above are from 2005-2012

0228s.jpg
Sept 12

img20130126171815442.jpg

Today Jan 13

Replies

• GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You look a lot different and much less fat. Your personal goals are all up to you, though. You're doing what works for you and you're the only one who can judge whether you need to go any farther. =) Great job!
  • wendydeal
    wendydeal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job! Big difference.
  • BOYZ2MENORAH
    Options
    Methinks the swagger in the last pic says it all. Nice work brotha!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You look brilliant, such a major difference!! Well done. Your OH is a pretttttyyyy lady as well. The boy done good ;-))
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    You look much buffer and thinner. Great work.
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    You look fantastic, trust the pictures not what you thought you might look! Amazing journey, keep up with the great progress. I just love insanity! Be healthy and be happy, "feeling" podgy is in your head! Proud of you!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Wow..you looks so different.. even your face looks like someone else.. Awesome work!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Great work! Your personal goals are on you though. You can't look to others for approval. You need to feel great in your own skin.

I know a lot of people say you shouldn't skip breakfast but I found I lost weight and stayed full much longer when I skipped it and just had coffee.

Nice accomplishment!
  • tempest501
    Options
    You look brilliant, such a major difference!! Well done. Your OH is a pretttttyyyy lady as well. The boy done good ;-))

Ye she is the most amazing thing to ever happen to me and def pretty girl =D
  • tempest501
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the comments, I know what you mean about the personal goals. I just wanted to hear from some strangers if you know what I mean because you think your family tell you what you want to hear sometimes.

I think the confidence is coming back though slowly just need to start seeing for myself what other see i guess. If I hit that 12% and start building hopefully I will become true believer lol.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    HOLY GOOD LOOKING BATMAN!

I SWEAR I'm a straight man >.<
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Options
    Lookin good! The whole 5 meals a day did the same thing to me! Hungry all the time. I work much better on a low calorie breakfast and lunch and a much bigger dinner!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great progress...well done!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress. You should be very proud. Take care of that elbow.
  • tempest501
    Options
    Excellent progress. You should be very proud. Take care of that elbow.

Thanks man, I bought a support for it and on my chest days I am trying to go a lot lighter on weight and just do more reps or something. Be intresting to see how my shoulder day gos tomorrow but I will reduce weight again as if I need too and if still bothers me maybe ill just focus on insanity for a week or two and get back on weights (really dont want to do this tho).

Thanks to everyone else for commenting too, its got me really chuffed.
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look great, and from the confidence I can see in the last two pictures, I can tell you feel it too!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Wow you look a lot different. You can see that you look a less fat, and that you're gaining more muscle.
    Great work!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!