trying to lose 50lbs by july? Or a lot in general?

Options

Replies

• Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I want to be around 140 or less by July. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MarinaDesiree
    Options
    I weigh 279.8 lbs at 5'6'' and I would really like to lose 61.6 lbs by September 30 or October 15th the latest as we are going on vacation to London then. We will be walking a lot and I really would like to be able to enjoy the walking through town without being out of breath. Oh and I also would really like to look less whale-like on photos then (hubby is 163 lbs at 5'11'').
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be at leat 50lbs lighter by July but truthfully am pushing to be 50lbs lighter by April...I think can ...I think I can...I think I can
    You DEFINITELY CAN :)
  • sass0720
    Options
    I'm 29 - started at 220, but am 216 now, I am getting married in july and the plan is to be down 50 pounds by then... I guess there is still enough time, I would just like to see it gone sooner rather than later.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I would honestly be happy with 40-50 this year. So far the weight is coming off easy, but I know it will slow down soon.
  • whitey7862
    whitey7862 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im 26 and always looking for new friends on here! Motivaters are key for me! So the more the merrier and we can all help each other! I wont turn down any request. I still hae 50 pounds to hit my goal and im planning to run 2 5Ks this summer!
  • MarinaDesiree
    Options
    I thought I give this a push and created a group for everyone who would like to join.

Goal: Lose a lot of weight in 6 months. (=Half year Shred)

Support and Motivation is important to me, so please feel free to join and introduce yourself.
    So far I have two threads, one to introduce yourself and another for the starting weight at jan 31st.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11761-the-half-year-shred
  • lightningstruck
    Options
    I'm currently 241 as of this morning and would love to get a good chunk of weight off by summer. My sister is trying to talk me into a beach holiday in July, so if that's not motivation, I dunno what is! I'm a raging sweet-tooth, so that's my big hurdle right now.

Looking for friends!
  • Luffbot
    Luffbot Posts: 28
    Options
    I thought I give this a push and created a group for everyone who would like to join.

Goal: Lose a lot of weight in 6 months. (=Half year Shred)

Support and Motivation is important to me, so please feel free to join and introduce yourself.
    So far I have two threads, one to introduce yourself and another for the starting weight at jan 31st.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11761-the-half-year-shred

Thank you for starting the group. I was a little confused on what I was going to do with it but you pulled it together!
  • theprettywon
    Options
    I'm 23 I'm hoping to loose 25 by April and REALLY hoping to loose 35-40 by bikini season! :)
  • xomorganjc
    xomorganjc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started at 210, and am now down to 184... I would love to be able to lose 40-50 lbs by July... is that even possible?! Everyone add me and share tips and secrets and motivation! :)
  • kristinlc88
    kristinlc88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, looking to lose 50 by July, and then another 20 by September.

Anyone can friend me, the more friends the better!
  • Daretobeforgotten
    Options
    Hey.

I want to lose 30lbs by july, and 20 more by the end of the year.

I'm 21, and just started this site. Friends would be welcome.

:)
  • Luffbot
    Options
    Hey! I started at 210, and am now down to 184... I would love to be able to lose 40-50 lbs by July... is that even possible?! Everyone add me and share tips and secrets and motivation! :)

Yes, you just have to work hard. 10lbs a month is doable.
  • sweetpatunia
    Options
    I'm 37, 5'2 and 213. Need to get rid of a much weight as possible by mid July (mom's wedding). Please add me, I need friends on here as none of my skinny friends know I'm dieting, they all tell me I look fine as is. Being fat is slowly killing me :(
  • QuitoBandito
    QuitoBandito Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love this motivation! I have a family vacation in July, and would love to be down 30+ lbs by then.

Please send me a friend request! People on here pushing me is one of the best motivators. I'm 26 ;)
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would love to drop 50 by July, think it might be a bit much but please friend me. 5'7, 191 and 36.
  • kimberly728
    Options
    feel free to add me... i started at 230 and im 219 now... id like to lose about 30 by july but honestly would be happy if im under 200.
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    If you start from today's date (Feb 6th), you have 20 more weeks until the end of June. I'd say it's possible but you'd have to lose approximately 2.5 lbs per week. Not as easy as it sounds. My original goal was to lose 50 lbs by then...I'm down 12 with 38 more to go (I began my diet on January 1st). It's a challenge but I honestly think it can be done if you're strict with yourself and mindful of your daily goals for calories and exercise. Good luck to everyone but especially those with like-minded goals - summer's on it's way!
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    i'd love to lose 50lbs by July that would be amazing. I'm 216lbs now want to get to about 170 by summer