Options
    Bump!
  • Mambina
    Options
    bump
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for taking time to take the photos whilst making your pizza, I have read about this style of pizza crust so many times but never fancied trying it until now... heading to buy a cauli on the way home from work!!

:drinker:
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I prebaked crust for 10 or 15 minutes. Then baked pizza for almost 20 minutes. Stayed soggy. Tasted alright, but way too much work for a limp crust. BTW the calories are much higher than that guy posted. Makes a 16" crust. 1/4 of pizza is 473.

Your calorie count is quite a bit off.
    I put each ingredient into MFP's recipe calculator. Each was measured, weighed & logged. MFP totals 473 per 1/4 of the 16" pizza.

1 head white cauliflower 210
    1 head orange cauliflower 218
    2 eggs 140
    Vegan grated parmesan 2 tbs crust 45
    + 1 tbs topping 15
    Daiya mozzarella shreds 1 cup in crust 360
    + 2 cups topping 720
    Mid's pizza sauce 1.25 cups 100
    1 oz Applegate uncured pepperoni 80
    Italian spices, oregano & garlic powder 5

Do the math. Equals 1883/4=473. So looks like MFP did it right.

I'm new to calculating calories but wouldn't you enter 2 cups of cauliflower instead of 2 full heads? The calorie count is probably different because of that and because the amount of the ingredients the OP used are different from what you used. It doesn't appear that he used 3 full cups of cheese or the same amount of sauce.

The sogginess of the pizza may have been due to the amount of sauce you used, which the OP did not specify. I like light sauce on my pizza, so I only used around 2-3 tablespoons of sauce and I had no issues with sogginess.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    @Purplecharm

The OP said he used two heads of cauliflower & he put 2 cups of cheese in the crust (I only put one cup on the crust to keep the calories less) plus then he put cheese on top & OP put 4 tbsp of parmesan (I cut that back to two tbsp) in the crust.
    Just wanted to share the pictures of the process for making Cauliflower Pizza Crust for any of those interested in trying it. It is pretty simple, I did it about in a half hour of prep and 30 minutes of baking.

I took two heads of cauliflower, one white and one orange (for color), washed them, destemmed, and broke them into florets.
    (Pic omitted)
    Then I put it in the food processor a few florets at a time and pulsed it to make it grainy (Pic omitted)

Then I microwaved it for 8 minutes each bowl (I didn't have one to fit both heads) and combined them together.

>snip<
    Then I mixed 2 cups of cauliflower, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, 4TB shredded parmesan, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, 2 beaten eggs, and an italian blend seasoning together in a large bowl. I took a large baking sheet and sprayed it with cooking spray, then pressed the mixture and formed it into a vaguely round shape.

As for the sauce, that was a thin coating for 16". I added it one quarter cup at a time & tried to spread it.

ETA: Aw heck... I saw where it said I took 2 heads. I just saw now where it later says to take 2 cups of that. Grrr maybe I will try it again some day.
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Racquel1
    Racquel1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Really have to make this one day... Looks so good !
  • miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know I'd you could skip adding cheese to the base mixture? I'd rather save calories
  • d0llfacex0
    Options
    Bump for later, this looks delicious!
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    *Bump*
  • awb_lrb
    awb_lrb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump ... yum!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    But does it taste of cauliflower?
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    bump, thanks for sharing!
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great pizza crust idea! I'm going to try it with chicken instead of pepperoni. :smile:
  • dpodrazil
    dpodrazil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That looks yummy!!
  • rosannedu
    rosannedu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elisastoll
    Elisastoll Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner a couple of days ago...awesome!!! Easy and delicious...and something to have for dinner we could actually agree on....a miracle in itself!
  • tmstaab1218
    Options
    bump