Can someone please look at my food diary and help me!

Options
124»

Replies

• GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are being really honest with yourself. I saw a non-fat latte in your diary, and am sure the calories are optimistic for what uk starbucks serve when you get a skinny latte.

Drink lots of water. Lots.

Apart from that your diary looks ok. Perhaps a little heavy n the sugary stuff, but not terrible. It's a calorie deficit you need to attain, fine tuning the macronutrients is a bonus.

Above all else, stay strict and give it time.
  • fevermaps
    fevermaps Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are being really honest with yourself. I saw a non-fat latte in your diary, and am sure the calories are optimistic for what uk starbucks serve when you get a skinny latte.

Drink lots of water. Lots.

Apart from that your diary looks ok. Perhaps a little heavy n the sugary stuff, but not terrible. It's a calorie deficit you need to attain, fine tuning the macronutrients is a bonus.

Above all else, stay strict and give it time.

I got the nutritional info off of the Starbucks website so i'm pretty sure it's right?
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    BMR is 1376

Considering how little you have to lose you should NOT be netting below 1376, so I'd say you might not be eating enough. I know that at the end of my weight loss I actually upped my calorie intake to lose. I recommend following the In Place of a Roadmap link people have posted. Find your TDEE and subtract a SMALL deficit from that. Also, lift heavy weights, there's nothing better for body composition.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    It could take a little time, if your metabolism is messed up. I think though, it may not be a calorie problem, as much as it is what you're eating. Remember, PFF; protein, fat, fiber, try to include those in all your meals. Higher protein, moderate fat, and fiber from fruits and veggies with all your meals, as often as possible. Be creative, and try to "sneak" veggies into your dishes. Also, I noticed you're not drinking enough water, unless you haven't been logging it. You NEED water if you want to lose weight, it is a very important part of the fat burning process, and will also help flush out any excess sodium. My diary is viewable, if you would like to take a look to see what I mean. :happy: Hope this helps! Good luck!

I just haven't been logging it! I do drink water, i just forget to log it! I just went to have a look at your diary and it seems to be closed.

Hmmm...that's weird, I have it set so people can see it. I'll recheck it. :)
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    What is TDEE? I've seen it on here a lot.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Have you found out what your BMR is? If you eat below that most days hitting a plateu will be pretty likely. Maybe that is what has happened? If so there are a number of things you can do: http://www.drlisawatson.com/weight-loss-plateau :)

Hey its 22.

That looks like your BMI not your BMR
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fruit flavored yogurt has a ton of sugar in it. Instead, go for a plain greek yogurt and add a little Stevia then stir in your own museli. I am a huge fan of this youtube channel, she might help you as much as she has helped me... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2LYIHk9Y1U
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    Ok, I know it's a little late, and you probably don't care anymore, but I changed the settings on my diary! Lol. I had it set to friends only. I guess I don't care if everyone can see it. :tongue:
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was going to say eat less sugars, and more protein. Protein is very filling, and you should be getting between .7-1g/lean body mass. You can also eat less sugary foods, food example milk has 10g of sugar, perhaps you can try Almond Milk?? You should aim to keep added sugars to below 24g.
  • fevermaps
    Options
    Fruit flavored yogurt has a ton of sugar in it. Instead, go for a plain greek yogurt and add a little Stevia then stir in your own museli. I am a huge fan of this youtube channel, she might help you as much as she has helped me... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2LYIHk9Y1U

Hey i don't really have the time to make museli as i am pretty busy. I have Alpine all natural. Surely that can't be that bad for me!
  • jusme085
    jusme085 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Get on the measurement band wagon! I have been trying to lose the last 6 - 7 kg for the last 3 months and have barely lost anything (maybe 1 - 2 kg). However I have lost 9 cm off my stomach and cms of everywhere else. Lets be honest with ourselves who cares how much you weigh as long as you look and feel better. Start with the measurments give it a while and see how you go :)

Oh and high sodium does make you bloated with water weight!

Gluck, add me if you need some more friends :)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    What is TDEE? I've seen it on here a lot.

Total daily energy expenditure. It's the total number of calories you burn on an average day and is equal to your BMR + daily activity + exercise. When people talk about calories in versus calories out, TDEE is "calories out."

OP: I heartily second the recommendation to check out In Place of a Road Map 2.0. It is good quality reading.
  • fevermaps
    Options
    Get on the measurement band wagon! I have been trying to lose the last 6 - 7 kg for the last 3 months and have barely lost anything (maybe 1 - 2 kg). However I have lost 9 cm off my stomach and cms of everywhere else. Lets be honest with ourselves who cares how much you weigh as long as you look and feel better. Start with the measurments give it a while and see how you go :)

I have noticed that i look a little less bloated but i thought maybe it was just because i am not eating as much as usual!
  • jusme085
    jusme085 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I have noticed that i look a little less bloated but i thought maybe it was just because i am not eating as much as usual!

Seriously, its been 3 weeks, dont worry so much! If I was going to change something in your diet, I would add more natural non-processed foods, vegies, fruit, etc. I would also add a 10-15 minute walk per day to the 30 day shred that you are already doing, just to get a little more cardio in your day.
  • fevermaps
    Options

Seriously, its been 3 weeks, dont worry so much! If I was going to change something in your diet, I would add more natural non-processed foods, vegies, fruit, etc. I would also add a 10-15 minute walk per day to the 30 day shred that you are already doing, just to get a little more cardio in your day.

I am getting my cross trainer back this week. It broke and i have been waiting to get a replacement so will get back on that again! 30 day shred is just a filler so i get some exercise in. I definitely need to eat more veggies. Thanks! :)
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I agree with most posts your salt is very high so drink more water, and try to avoid the diet/low calorie trap of supermarket foods they are ridiculously high in salt. You could maybe try upping your cals as it does seem very low, but I guess that is dependant on your height.

Good luck
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Try cutting processed sugar you seem to always be over. Also, when you eat fruits eat them in the morning so that you can use the sugar you get from them for fuel, so that your body doesn't store that sugar as fat. For the rest of the day eat mostly veggies and protein. This may or may not help each persons body is different.

I agree with this. Since you are pretty small to start with going over on your sugar and carb intake everyday might be keeping you stuck. Also drink more water!!!!

Hey, i have cut out most sugar in my tea e.t.c but i like having some natural yogurt e.t.c but this makes me go over. I eat fruit and that makes me go over too!

I only looked at about a week, but where is all this processed sugar? from the things that I know of on her diary, shes not eating THAT many processed sugars. A few candies here and there are not going to derail her weightloss or make her unhealthy. In fact, I'd say people who skip the candies completely forever are the unhealthy ones, because they usually end up giving up or binging. Even if she was eating a lot of them, her diary is set to 1200 calories, and 28 grams of sugar per day. I remember when I ate that little and when I ate 28 grams of sugar a day. You know what my sugar count is usually? 70 grams. Almost all of that comes from fruits, veggies, etc. but some things still have sugar in them, and I don't eat junk food very often (unless you count one square of chocolate a day, dark if I can help it) Sugar honestly doesn't matter unless you're diabetic ( in which carbs would be more of a concern) or have another health issue. I'd be more concerned about sodium than sugar. I've lost 35 ish pounds and my sugar intake has always been very high. I focus on meeting my macros, and from what I've seen from your diary you're doing pretty well. Who cares if you go over fat by a few grams a day? Fat doesn't make you fat.

I would like to suggest that you increase your caloric intake to a higher number than 1200, though. Try reading "in place of a roadmap 2.0" by "helloitsdan" on this site, and then join eat more to weigh less.

Sorry if there ARE a lot of processed sugars in here and I couldn't recognize them because I'm unfamiliar with a product, but in the end it doesn't even matter that much. PS: Like someone else stated, in the end it's more about calories and hitting the big points than the sugars.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Use measurements and don't rely on the scale as much... sometimes your lbm ratio changes and you end up with less body fat without having the weight change.
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Hey i don't really have the time to make museli as i am pretty busy. I have Alpine all natural. Surely that can't be that bad for me!

Museli is packed with sugar, I would stick with plain oats and add some chia seeds, berries and even a little protein powder. I dropped 3kg from cutting out museli and bread alone. I eat bread now but I have learned I can really only have one or two servings a day, and my servings are much smaller than they used to be. The only museli I eat now is a small handful on top of natural yoghurt and berries.
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I know people have been saying to cut out some high sugar foods completely, but I don't think that's necessary. Just take a careful look at your food diary. You'll notice certain things have higher sugar than most others. You don't have to cut these things out, just try not to eat too many high sugar things in a day.

To use yesterday as an example, if you have muesli, try not to eat something else high in sugar like 2 tsp of cane sugar (which I'm assuming went in the coffee and/or tea). Just try to be moderate. Same thing goes for sodium. If you have a high sodium item, try to eat low sodium items the rest of the day. It will help keep your levels more balanced and keep you from going over so much. You may have to plan a bit, but if it helps with weight loss I say it's worth it.

I looked back over your diary over the last week, and you don't *seem* to be eating too little, especially since your calories fluctuate, but you might try eating a bit more and see if it helps. Sometimes your body just needs a little jolt.

Also, the measuring tape is your friend when the scale isn't moving. You said something about wanting to fit into some jeans? Your measurements, not your weight, are what will determine whether you can fit those jeans :smile: Good luck!