What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options
Just curious....for those who have been successful if there is something that has surprised that you never knew or expected would happen? Also, do people in general treat you differently? Are people kinder? Treat you with more respect? Etc...

Replies

• marbret3
    Options
    I would think the improvement with all the weight loss is better sex. i could be wrong. but that is one of my motivations lol.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    A lot of people don't recognize me or gawk when they realize they know me. I never thought I would get such a reaction.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    My sex drive went through the roof! I never realized how much my body image and self-esteem affected my libido. But now that I know I look hot, I wanna GET hot, noddamsayin? *Elbow, nudge, wink, wink*
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    Personally, I feel like people treat me differently. They seem like they're more likely to approach me, I don't get as many weird stares at the gym. It could also just be my change in confidence and my perception. Most days when it's not TOM, I don't feel all icky and like all the people see is my fat. I feel like there's room for people to see me now. I also notice that guys tend to pay more attention to me (again could be my perception). When I make a passing comment about being chubby or fat (I still am), instead of dead silence because it'd be taboo, people say- "you actually look great"...or "you aren't fat" (I look like I weigh a lot less than I do). They never would have said that before.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Clothes look better, you feel better all over, more energy, sex is better!!!, confidence is greatly increased, finding out new things you like to do like being competitive or trying new sports/activities, finding out you like food you never thought you would like, the list goes on and on
  • byeachmoment
    Options
    All my loose skin on my stomach and thighs... I was only overweight for 2 years of my life and it really affected me.
  • jlpowers22
    jlpowers22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm cold...All the time...But it's a small price to pay.
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest surprises is how much I like having my picture taken again. I guess I never noticed how much I hid from the camera until looking through photos of my kids and we have lots of pics with kids and daddy but very few with mommy. Now...I'm like "Take our picture!" So happy that I'll have those memories in print now. And hopefully it helps keep me accountable.
  • marishka04
    marishka04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My feet got smaller! Went from a 9/9.5 to an 8.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm sleeping better.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My feet got smaller! Went from a 9/9.5 to an 8.

I thought I was imagining things but my shoes are all feeling bigger! I'm glad I'm not alone!
  • CRM2013
    CRM2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    def... the skin... :( WORK OUT!!!! or ull sag straight up!!
  • Julesoola
    Julesoola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How much more comfortable movie theater and airplane seats are now!
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The loose skin, for sure. I wasn't *that* overweight and I'm still relatively young (25). Here's hoping that my skin will regain a little elasticity since I did lose quickly. Oh, and I work out tons.

People do look at me differently. I'm finally in the normal range for my weight and I feel like people aren't seeing the chub first thing.

My confidence with my naked body is actually lower. I never lacked libido, but I have found I have more stamina in the bedroom now. I like being on top a lot more now too. ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    definitely sex drive is much higher. people do treat me differently but I can't determine if that's directly attributable to the actual weight loss or if it's a bi-product of my new found confidence in myself...I'm thinking its more the latter.
  • westva2nc
    Options
    I agree with every response so far! I thought it was my imagination about the change in foot size, too. I went to wear a pair of dressy shoes to my company's Christmas party that I had not worn since the prior party and the strap around my ankles were too loose and the shoe itself was too big. I think I am most surprised by the double take that sometimes happens. I hadn't seen a former neighbor of mine is almost a year. He came by to visit us last month and he didn't recognize me. That's probably the best feeling/surprise:)
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I wasn't expecting to ever like having my picture taken. These days i'm happy to smile for the camera instead of hiding behind the dog. :bigsmile:

I'm also cold all the time! Two pairs of socks, layers of shirts, and still constantly messing with the thermostat.
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    The amount of saggy skin (though it shouldn't had been much of a surprise after loosing 170lbs), finding large (as in S/M/L/XL) clothes on clearance racks is more difficult than the 3XL I use to wear, I'm colder all the time, I have carry to-go boxes out of restaurants now, my wedding ring keeps sliding off my finger even with two of those plastic thingies on it and probably some other things I can't think of right now.

And I don't mind any of it.
  • snapril68
    snapril68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My confidence changed in a good way! And when I used to go to the gym it was in super baggy sweats and a t-shirt and now I wear super cute yoga pants and tank tops. It's amazing what a little bit of weight loss can do to a girls confidence ;) Also I've noticed having more energy than I did before!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!