What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    There are way too many great things that have happened since I lost 60 lbs, but the most unexpected is that at 58 I don't hurt anymore. I was 250~260 for about 12 years and it was taking it's toll. Now I get out of bed and nothing hurts. I can walk forever, run 6 miles or cycle 50 miles and nothing hurts. I feel like I'm 30 again. Simply amazing.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • xortion
    Options
    Deffo feel the cold more. Can't balance a dinner plate on my stomach and my lower regions got bigger ha
  • LemonJADE
    LemonJADE Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Reading all of these make me feel much more motivated! I cannot wait to fit into my smaller clothes again and get a bit more attention like I used to! ;)
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    since no guys have said it. apparently every 30-40lbs you lose youre little soldier is said to gain an inch.

now, im not sure cause i dont have two yardsticks to properly measure but.....

:laugh:
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Now I'm a cheap drunk. It only takes one or two glasses of wine to make me tipsy, where I could drink three before and be fine.

Mee toooo lol.. It's pretty awesome, my bar tabs have gone wayyyy way down xD :embarassed:
  • xortion
    Options
    Now I'm a cheap drunk. It only takes one or two glasses of wine to make me tipsy, where I could drink three before and be fine.

Mee toooo lol.. It's pretty awesome, my bar tabs have gone wayyyy way down xD :embarassed:

Lol
  • schmern2
    Options
    I noticed that, when in a large crowd of people, when I weighed more people parted like the Red Sea. Now they just plow into me :) I guess that's good! :)
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Everyone has been so supportive and complimentary except one friend who seemed to take my loss as a personal challenge
    to her. We are really not comfortable together now, I am not going to apologise for my hard work.(I lost 22kg before joining MFP)
    Anyway life changes and mostly for the better.
  • AZpetunia
    Options
    Generally even more true for women.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well my husband said Im a lot more confidient Ive lost almost 18 lbs since Jan 1st 2013 and still have more to lose but I feel better with less wieght on my 4ft 10in frame Ive spent almost 2 yrs being pregnant glad Im dont with that stage of my life love my daughters but im done.Wieghed 150.5 Jan 1st 2013 ,now 133 and steadily losing so far,Have more energy and finally feel like I can lose all the baby wieght it feels awesome.My youngest will be a year March 9th and my oldest turns 3 aug 10th.So there is a time frame for you,Im lucky my body is going back at all.
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    The biggest unexpected change for me is that I used to avoid working out and track things like walking my dog or raking leaves as exercise. These days I've come to LOVE working out and feel like something's missing on days where I don't. I never thought I'd choose exercise over happy hour or sleeping in, but I'm pretty hooked on it now that I'm starting to see results.
  • Bump
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am actually looking forward to trying on swimsuits!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by how I have to fasten a few inches of my "skinny pants" with a safety pin just to walk around without them falling off.

It's also really weird having low body fat, looking in the mirror and still looking quite wobbly under clothes (in clothes, I look great though!)
  • LilChamp82
    Options
    Coming down from a size 16(uk) jeans to a 12!!!
    I was in tears (both sad and happy for different reasons) when i tried on my old size 12 jeans (which i kept, thinking for years i would fit back into those) and could not believe it!
    It's still scary and already thinking if i lose any more i would be a ten!!
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wait until you have to get rid of the clothes that you thought you'd never fit back into because they are too large.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Sex drive...I am such a horn doggy!
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I had lost nearly 50 Lbs last year, not to mention 185 lbs of useless BF weight, I was single and skinnier and I felt GOOD. The fact that I knew I looked good certainly helped. I was never without a date on a Friday night, and enjoyed every minute. And then I fell in love and gained 15 Lbs back :( haha He's worth the extra work though :)
    ^Haha. This is very similar to my experience :)
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I used to hate going to the Dr. for checkups because I would get the you are too fat talk and she would send me home with these pamphlets describing proper diet and exercise at every visit. The biggest surprise so far was how much she praised me the last time I went in for a checkup. She was really happy for me and excited that I had lost so much weight. She kept telling me I should write a book and open a personal trainer business lol. It was a huge ego boost for me!

Some of the things other people have mentioned as well. For instance, former students and other people I barely know come up to me to complement me. I also used to love the cold (family called me a polar bear), but now I bundle up and use the heater in the winter. And even though I still have plenty of weight to loose I've lost a lot of padding on my butt. Sitting on a hard bench or stadium seat is pretty uncomfortable now.

Yep, didn't hit me til recently, because so much more to lose, but alot of padding gone and I can feel butt bones! LOL Thought it was me....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!