What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • keepingm0tivated
    Options
    When your clothes don't try suffocating you anymore.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    common ones like do I ever feel the cold, ridiculous how many layers I have to put on to walk the dog - although since I started taking iron tablets its not as bad.

I wore my fave heels the other night and had to pop into the loo to put toilet roll in them as they were falling off lol

people keep on asking if I have had my hair cut - then they acknowledge it is not my hair, it's that my face is slimmer.

collarbones - freaked me out the first time I noticed - thought I had something on me - I think I may have yelped lol

yes sadly people do treat you differently and I have become more visible - but I am also more confident so part of that will be me just putting myself out there more :)

just little things like seeing a steep hill or a huge flight of stairs - instead of my heart sinking its like "ooh that will bump up my fitbit stats and I see how fast I can run up without getting out of breath - love it! :) also seeing fitness events and instead of being wistful and full of shame that I can't do something like that, I just think hmm how can I change my training regime to fit that event in...
  • mezzy11
    mezzy11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A lot of people don't recognize me or gawk when they realize they know me. I never thought I would get such a reaction.
    This often happens to me after losing 28 kgs (61lbs). I would say hello to someone at work whom i haven't seen for a while and they would just quietly say hi and keep walking. I'm sure they're thinking "who was that?" Others say "OMG I didn't recognize you!!" and ask "have you lost weight?"..lol
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yep - thats one I definately noticed as well! ;)
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of this is with losing weights, but since I have, I am always cold and have random bruises on my legs o.O they don't hurt either
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    No more high blood pressure medicine
    No more sleep apnea
    No more bronchio dialator
    No more sudden use inhalor
    No more exercise induced asthma
    No more fear of going to the Drs,
    No more fear of having a heart attack

Wouldnt go back for the world...............Just took my bp after working out 2 hours, and its 116/78..........talk about miracles

and thats pretty good for a man who is going to turn 58 in about 3 weeks................Lose the weight while you are young, don't wait........
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I would think the improvement with all the weight loss is better sex. i could be wrong. but that is one of my motivations lol.

True story! Love it!
  • Me48Plus2
    Me48Plus2 Posts: 73
    Options
    My sex drive went through the roof! I never realized how much my body image and self-esteem affected my libido. But now that I know I look hot, I wanna GET hot, noddamsayin? *Elbow, nudge, wink, wink*

Funny, I was going to say the same thing. Getting and staying fit is the biggest boost to your sex life you'll ever get. At 48, I'm still feeling like my 20s. My husband now is another story :(. Men lose their testosterone and need exercise and nutrition to keep their levels up there.
    BTW, does anyone know how many calories orgasms burn ??? HA ! just seeing who's reading my posts :)
  • mikeholdsworth
    mikeholdsworth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No more heartburn.
    Clothes fit better.
    More energy
    Feel younger.
  • Me48Plus2
    Me48Plus2 Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm not sure of this is with losing weights, but since I have, I am always cold and have random bruises on my legs o.O they don't hurt either

Boost your vitamin A , if you're always cold it means your lacking in it.
  • angserino
    angserino Posts: 59
    Options
    I would think the improvement with all the weight loss is better sex. i could be wrong. but that is one of my motivations lol.

LOL! It is!! :-)
  • crazihel
    crazihel Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Since dropping 56 pounds (before MFP):
    I am always cold
    Chairs are definitely more uncomfortable
    My shoe size dropped from UK 7/8 to 5/6
    And I have no problem sitting on people's knees - had a huge fear of this before!
  • slynnalex
    slynnalex Posts: 38 Member
    Options

- feeling slightly obsessed with fear of gaining my weight back, especially since people are really noticing the changes. I'm terrified of falling off the wagon and people seeing me gain weight and thinking "she's gaining all that weight back, what a shame".

^This!
  • pohlcm08
    pohlcm08 Posts: 61
    Options
    There are so many changes! Like carrying a laundry basket on my hip is a lot harder to do now that my hips have shrunk, crossing my arms feels different, even just seeing myself in photos isn't so depressing, and clothes shopping is actually enjoyable now!

There is one negative though, I'm cold all the time now! I wear 3 layers at work sometimes but I also have low iron and that's one of the side effects so it's probably a combination of less insulation and low iron.

But the biggest thing is that I'm happier and my confidence has increased. I do notice that people treat me differently (Strangers more so than loved ones, it's mostly casual encounters with people like cashiers and waitresses that I notice it) but I think it's because my personality is more positive and outgoing now that I'm happier with my appearance, and not simply because I'm more fit.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Since dropping around 50 pounds...

1. I'm surprisingly colder all the time, but from what I've read, probably need more Vitamin A and iron.
    2. I'm wearing smaller clothes.
    3. I've never felt more alive and confident in my life.
    4. Medication-free for the first time in almost 20 years!
    5. My doctor called me "disgustingly healthy," which is a compliment.
    6. Wearing that Catwoman costume last year in medium!
    7. Planning on going bolder by looking like this character for Dragon*Con:
    CureMoonlightSmaller_zpsb064f12f.png
    Cure Moonlight from Heartcatch Precure!
    8. Knowing I've put myself on the road to a much healthier lifestyle by watching what and how much I eat, along with drinking a lot more water and exercising. :happy:
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My sex drive went through the roof! I never realized how much my body image and self-esteem affected my libido. But now that I know I look hot, I wanna GET hot, noddamsayin? *Elbow, nudge, wink, wink*

Funny, I was going to say the same thing. Getting and staying fit is the biggest boost to your sex life you'll ever get. At 48, I'm still feeling like my 20s. My husband now is another story :(. Men lose their testosterone and need exercise and nutrition to keep their levels up there.
    BTW, does anyone know how many calories orgasms burn ??? HA ! just seeing who's reading my posts :)

Ha ha ha!!! Apparently it's 27, but a fake orgasm is 160 ;P
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    People treat me differently. Especially guys.

This makes me a little sad, because I thought I was pretty anyway before I lost weight. I KNOW that's conceited to say, but I didn't think I was ugly just because I was a little chubby. I still wore makeup and did my hair, and got all cute before going out.

Just goes to remind me that college guys only like the slimmer girls :(
  • Vmax1992
    Vmax1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal, but can see my junk when I look down. :-)
  • kirstyjrr
    kirstyjrr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs about ten years ago. It took a few years for my stomach to shrink up. The stretch marks are going to be there forever though... :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!