Guys that are a 3 trying to be with girls that are an 8...

Options

Replies

• VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people actually view other people like that, by number. Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone.

In relationships we accept what we think we deserve. Personally, I do not care how someone rates me - I am secure in who I am to worry how people who I do not know or know very little perceive me.
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You are frustrated obviously, but I agree with you. I haven't figured out online dating yet, but I know that people dismiss people easily based on looks, not necessarily attraction, because they don't know you yet. It's a fact. You AREN'T supposed to compare, and you never know what people post or say in their messages.... who knows. Just be patient and keep on working out.

Btw, I have heard men rate women, I've worked with lots of guys at my last job, and they would rate women, objectify, etc. Perhaps not the guys that comment on here, lol. And it's good that you have all those skills, job, etc and what not, but I don't think it matters. I guess I am frustrated too. You need to have good pictures up, men look at pictures.
  • deborahdix
    deborahdix Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well, I can say I've never rated any guy. I may be slow because I didn't even realize people really do that lol. Numbers are subjective, someone's 3 may be another person's 10. If you're not someone's cup of tea, that doesn't mean you're not a higher number, that just means that's not your guy. I'm on some dating sites, too, and I know people look at the pictures. Different strokes for different strokes. You have to know that you are a 10, if they don't see it, they don't really know you, and that's not your guy.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    So what if guys want to be with people they are attracted to? Don't most people? I find it hard to believe that a certain type of women are out there unknowingly snatching the men who don't want to be with somebody who may be considered equal in the looks department. Good grief.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you're going to run into that a lot more on dating websites than in the real word.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Maybe its because no guy want to be called a "3" by you...

Thank you for rating us men. I like how its ok for men to be rated but yet the same women scream when men do it to them.

I hope you get a "10" to date you soon. Go get you a Channing Tatum girl. I hear he's a 10...

A-F$%/KINGMEN
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Anyways, Id give myself a solid 10...know why..because it shows confidence in who you are as a person and I will never get a girl if I dont have confidence!!

As for calling a guy a `3``..What makes you a 3..so shallow these days
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Ladies I am the 10 you are looking for, my momma said so.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you're going to run into that a lot more on dating websites than in the real word.

I agree. It is easier to get to know someone online without looks immediately being a factor.

It explains why I have had any girlfriends at all. :drinker:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    This topic makes me sad.
    Stop rating people on some imaginary scale.

All that matters to me is that someone is a "10" in my eyes. Another woman might not look at him twice, but all that matters is what I think of him and he of I.
  • whierd
    Options
    Your purple pants are pretty awesome.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Your purple pants are pretty awesome.

Are they a 10?
  • whierd
    Options
    If I can remove them, they are an 11.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Id like to know this but from a guys perspective. My best friend in the world is average looking, A drummer, 27 years old and most importantly the nicest man bar my hubby i know. If i were single id marry him. He doesnt seem to be able to get any girls and even when he does they cheat on him.

He recently dated a girl for over a year who to be honest was rough as but she still cheated on him, whats that all about? x

hook me up!! ;)

or me! :D
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    A lot of these 3 guys are far better catches than the 9 and 10s. Looks is such a little part of life. Give me a 3 guy any day of the week if his personality is great :flowerforyou:
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I dont understand the rating system. Why does everyone have to be assigned a number?
  • whierd
    Options
    I dont understand the rating system. Why does everyone have to be assigned a number?

It's those goddamn librarians fault if you ask me.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Damn librarians, they think that just because they categorize books they can get all up in our dating lives.
  • whierd
    Options

Damn librarians, they think that just because they categorize books they can get all up in our dating lives.

We should rebel by categorizing personality types.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

Would you prefer we refer to each other as butt ugly, mildly ugly, not bad, passable, average, somewhat cute, cute, pretty/handsome, hot, and smoking freakin hot. Still 10 spots