3 day Military Diet?

Options
I've seen this on Pinterest countless times but I didn't know if anyone has done it, does it work or left are you left feeling like you're starving by the end of it? I also seen where you can't sub out any of the food but I've never had grapefruit, I don't drink coffee or tea, don't like broccoli, or the middle of a hard boiled egg... picky huh :) Anyways I was just curious as to anyone has tried it, as I would suck it up and eat the stuff if it actually works....

Replies

• Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on my FL that tried it 2 weeks ago. She kicked herself for even thinking it was a good idea, let alone try it. I'll be honest I don't know anything about it...so this is only one persons (3rd person) review.
  • rwhite610
    rwhite610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    any reason why she didn't like it or it just didn't work?
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    "This diet works on chemical breakdown and is proven. Do not vary or substitute any of the above foods"

A chemical breakdown of what? You can not render fat from your body they way you would from a fatty pork roast. (ick)

Otherwise, it looks like any other low cal diet out there.. just higher in carbs that most that are floating around.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Quit cutting corners and just change your lifestyle.

Heres an easier softer way: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    3 Day military diet... are you eating MREs?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Quit cutting corners and just change your lifestyle.

Heres an easier softer way: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

This.

Also, Pinterest is a haven for fads/inaccurate recipes/etc. Anyone can post anything at any time onto a pinterest board. While it's great for ideas, it's full of a ton of horrible ones too.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i did something similar, lost 8lbs. Its though, hard!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    3-Day Military Diet? Are you going to eat at the Chow Hall?
  • liptok
    liptok Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm like you I dont want to starve and I dont like the yellow of boiled eggs, just add a lot of black pepper and salt and you can choke it down, my mother in law did this last year and lost 40 pounds, she said it was'nt hard once you got used to it.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This 3 day diet is a jump start to get you losing! You have to follow it as stated. Not good to change the foods on this diet, because it is a chemical breakdown to lose the fat. It is hard to do and you do feel like you are starving and the end of 2nd and 3rd day. If followed correctly you can lose 8 to 10 lbs.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Quit dieting and make lifestyle changes. If you can't make a change forever do not make it. You will only fail. Making new healthful habits is the only way to succeed.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    It's another one of those fad diets that people try to give clout to. It's not worth it. Count calories and exercise, the weight will come off steadily and without having to follow some crazy 'plan'.
  • tubaman58
    tubaman58 Posts: 151
    Options
    Doesn't have anything to do with the US Military

In general, military food is not low cal or healthy...... chow halls are standard cafeteria stuff and MRE's are very high calorie and low bulk.....

There are some nutso things that individuals will do to make weight standards, not a good way to go
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    i did something similar, lost 8lbs. Its though, hard!

8lbs of what?
    temporary water weight?
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    3 day military diet ... I think that was the first week of bootcamp where they worked us out 20 hours a day and let us eat for 3 minutes at a time
  • lisa9803
    Options
    3 Day military diet... are you eating MREs?

LOL....MRE's are very high in calories and carbs.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    This 3 day diet is a jump start to get you losing! You have to follow it as stated. Not good to change the foods on this diet, because it is a chemical breakdown to lose the fat. It is hard to do and you do feel like you are starving and the end of 2nd and 3rd day. If followed correctly you can lose 8 to 10 lbs.

You will feel like you are starving because you ARE starving. It's just a few day, very low calorie diet. It's intended to fool you into thinking it works by emptying out your innards and and eliminating water weight without actually burning very much fat.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose water weight that you will quickly regain and lean body mass that you won't quickly regain, making it easier to add body fat? If so, then this is just the diet for you.

There are no shortcuts to losing weight and improving your health.
  • rwhite610
    rwhite610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am making lifestyle changes and have no issues in doing so, I was just asking if anyone had heard about it or used it, no reason for smart *kitten* comments. It is very low carb as when I entered day 1 into MFP I wasn't even at 1,000 calories no way I could go that low.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Husband is military. He has his marines use something like this to cut weight for a weight-in the weight comes back.
    Workout, cut calories and lose is slowly then you'll keep it off.