3 day Military Diet?

Options

Replies

• wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    3 day military diet ... I think that was the first week of bootcamp where they worked us out 20 hours a day and let us eat for 3 minutes at a time

O...MG... So this!^^^^
    I remember those days back in Air Force boot camp. We had to drink 3 8oz glasses of water with every meal. I'm positive that's where my hatred of water stems from.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    in response to this comment "being this stupid" if you have something positive to add please do so but please leave the negative comments to yourself #happydieting

you can be upset if you want for people telling you outright that this diet is a waste of time...

or you can put on your big girl panties and deal with the fact that this diet is a waste of your time. The facts are facts. This diet is a waste of your time.

How you respond / react to that information doesn't change the validity of the information.

but if that's too much to handle, I'll sugar-coat it.

"So, I understand you're all excited about this and I want to offer a mental hand-holding-high-five-super-unicorn-support-session for you wanting to make a change!!!!!! #thatissoawesome and if it doesn't work, that's SUPER okay too!"

ETA: Here is my super-unicorn-of-unquestioning-support:
    url.jpeg
    Just look at that majestic support...

I'm at a loss..
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    3 Day military diet... are you eating MREs?

My daughter's army cadet friends referred to these as Meals Ready for Ethiopians.... Don't think they were terribly impressed with the food.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    in response to this comment "being this stupid" if you have something positive to add please do so but please leave the negative comments to yourself #happydieting

MFP isn't in the habit of lying to people or patting their head when an ineffective or unhealthy method of weight loss is brought up. And thankfully, too. We assume you want good information, not post after post of asinine diets that won't do you any good but make you miserable.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I tried this to help me because normally when I workout and eat healthy I dont lose as much as others who weigh more than me which is very discouraging. If we are doing the same workout and eating the same foods why are they losing 6 lbs to my .05lbs.

Because their bigger bodies need more calories to exist *and* burn more calories doing the same exercises. It is just basic science.

At a 13x, you should only be losing about half a pound a week, if you actually need to lose anything at all. You will probably still be at your goal before the heavier people.

There is nothing healthy about this diet. People have been known to pass out. One should only be so restricted under medical supervision, and any doctor who prescribes a starvation diet with hot dogs should be reported to the appropriate supervising board.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    3 Day military diet... are you eating MREs?

Meals Refused by the Enemy?
  • latoyamal
    Options
    3 day military diet ... I think that was the first week of bootcamp where they worked us out 20 hours a day and let us eat for 3 minutes at a time

O...MG... So this!^^^^
    I remember those days back in Air Force boot camp. We had to drink 3 8oz glasses of water with every meal. I'm positive that's where my hatred of water stems from.

Why did you have to drink that much water with your meal?
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I love MREs I used to trade my candy for more rice pilaf...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    O...MG... So this!^^^^
    I remember on day 15 standing in formation and some rainbow nearby, when asked by a TI where he thought this was, said "boot camp sir." Bad move. Not as bad as screwing up your reporting statement though. :laugh:

Why did you have to drink that much water with your meal?
    Because people don't drink enough and pass out.
  • skubi00
    skubi00 Posts: 18
    Options
    It works for me. The thing about "fad" diets is to not allow them to become a fad in your lifestyle. We all know fads come and go, so keep the mental stability in your weight loss. I learn from diets like these how to eat better. There's nothing wrong with the diet everything on the menu is healthy. If you're worried about the calorie intake eat more of the veggies and fruit. It's helped me create better eating habits for myself and others. An apple, boiled egg and a slice of toast isnt so bad for breakfast folks. We spend hours of telling people they aren't eating enough, are doing everything wrong & yet the person we say this to isn't getting any smaller and neither are we. I am one of many that have tried this and changed the perspective of how the diet works.
  • latoyamal
    Options
    Okay I have again completed the three day military diet and I am going to be very honest about how it went my second time around. First of all it was not as easy the second time around as it was first time. I think stress and other factors had a big thing to do with it. The diet suggests that you workout while on it however due to LIFE I only worked out one day while on this diet. Also let me say that although I completed it I did not SUCCESSFULLY complete it meaning on day three of the diet I was so hungry that when I got off of work instead of eating what the diet said I was suppose to eat for dinner since I was not at home and I was starving I crashed and burned what I ate was (being completely honest) two fiber one bars, two packages of chocolate chip mini muffins and 6 buffalo hot and spicy wings with ranch...I know that is not what the diet called for but I was hungry and that is what was around at the time. So I was not very excited about getting on the scale today as I did not successfully complete the diet. Before starting the diet my weight was 135.8 after this diet my weight is 133.6. I have lost weight however I feel that it would have been the same even if I had completed dinner correctly for day three. Since the first time I completed it I only lost two pounds.
  • Thepinkdaisy
    Options
    I tried it and gained weight, because I was so hungry that I couldn't quit eating too much of the ice cream. However, I have tried other diets as such and lost 30 lbs.

I did the jumpstart LA Weightloss diet two days a week to lose my 30. The foods are so bland and clean, that you won't want to cheat or if you do, you won't gain like with having ice cream in the house during an extreme diet.
  • Thepinkdaisy
    Options
    What I want to know is who in the SAM HELL thought up this bullsh!%!!!! I was in the Marine Corps for 5 yrs and heard some crazy ways to pass a weigh in, but this was never one of them!!! I have heard before to rub down you middle area with A&D ointment and wrap yourself with saran wrap. I've heard people going to the gym right before they are supposed to get taped (measured) and working out their necks, because the bigger your neck, the less your body fat % will be (which is actually true for the USMC body composition program.) But never this crap. I hate to say it, but every Marine is a Fat Kid at heart (and I mean that with the love), we just PT it all off! This crap is CRAZY!!!!

A doctor thought this up. it isn't a "Military diet" it just somehow got coined that bc people were doing it to make weight to get accepted into the military. People do it to lose for surgery. I think it is called the Cleveland diet. IT can't hurt her to cut calories a few days a week. She is still going to be around 1000 calories for the day. And it is only three days. That won't kill her or hurt her. It is 22 pts on Weight Watchers. She is eating lean meats, veggies and fruits. The only thing that is questionable is that she is having hot dogs and ice cream a couple times. . .big deal.

BTW, when you have the ice cream and apple day - bake the apple, sprinkle with cinnamon and top with the ice cream. Can you say, "pie alamode?" yum.

BTW, I am also starting a three diet diet similar to this today. I expect to lose about 6 - 9 lbs. This is the only way that works for me, if I am healthy the rest of the week and eat normal, I should maintain most of it. I'll do another one next week.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has terrible, stupid diet pins. Full of bad advice and lies.

This is NOT a military diet but a starvation diet. Whoever named it was a moron.

That is all.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm not concerned with honest feedback just wasn't expecting the attitudes that came with some of them. Again I didn't know it was considered a fad diet.

The "smartass" comments are generally from people who are tired of answering the same question over and over again and can't stop from being critical. I hope you don't get too offended by it. It tends to happen a lot in the forums with topics like this. Other "beating a dead horse" topics include:

-Detox/Master Cleanse
    -1200 calories a day
    -Paleo/vegan/vegetarian lifestyle
    - is under 1000 too little

the list of the exact same topics being brought up in the forums again and again goes on..
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    "This diet works on chemical breakdown and is proven. Do not vary or substitute any of the above foods"

A chemical breakdown of what? You can not render fat from your body they way you would from a fatty pork roast. (ick)

Otherwise, it looks like any other low cal diet out there.. just higher in carbs that most that are floating around.

You can too render fat away from the body....hop in my smoker/grill! It works! True story!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    "This diet works on chemical breakdown and is proven. Do not vary or substitute any of the above foods"

A chemical breakdown of what? You can not render fat from your body they way you would from a fatty pork roast. (ick)

Otherwise, it looks like any other low cal diet out there.. just higher in carbs that most that are floating around.

You can too render fat away from the body....hop in my smoker/grill! It works! True story!

What was that old classic saying......"A pound of flesh"

yeah.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    The only Military diet is the one when you are IN the military during boot camp. Then you are required to choose one food from each food group at every meal. This is then followed by copious amounts of Physical Training (sometimes extra if the platoon is being punished for something) in between meals. Don't forget to add in the fact that you required to run everywhere you go. Repeat this daily for 8-11 weeks and you are guaranteed to loose weight and tone up. Trust me, I know. Been there done that, got the uniform to prove it.

That said, quit trying to take a shortcut and do it the right way.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for anyone who reads about a clueless fad diet on Pinterest and spends any more than 3 seconds considering it.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Why would you go on a diet where you have to eat a bunch of food you don't like? That makes no sense to me.