February 2013 Move Your A$S Challenge

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the February 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge.....

The first MYAC thread was in November 2010 and has been going strong and growing more and more each month.....Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies

1. Set your goal....distance ONLY - preferably miles - no minutes, no # of workouts, no # of steps - DISTANCE.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Friday, Feb 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so Dino can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL Miles moved.

Please do not post any January miles here...Dino will update our January spreadsheet when the month ends...Please add only February goals/miles to this thread.....

The goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and Track your distance for the month...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the miles can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....Just set a distance goal and do the work...
Sorry we will not be tracking number of workouts or minutes moved on this challenge - ONLY distance....

Report to the thread often to keep Dino updated because he tracks our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month....

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

Link to the google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As57uSwFQUGJdC1OU0dvNEdQSXpWQzhfYjdTb1plWnc#gid=93

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the BB code and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update.

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm setting a total goal of 80 miles in february....my half is 2/24 so i'll taper my runs back the week before and probably just be walking instead to give my legs a rest before the 13.1....happy @ss moving friends....denise
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am in for February! Going to shoot for 70 miles :-)
  • Carmelos63
    Carmelos63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in shooting for 60 miles this month.
  • Carmelos63
    Carmelos63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the half your training will pay off.
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 3 miles/day = 84 miles.

exercise.png
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Hey all! I'm back again and ready to commit to 200 miles for February.
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Loved the challenge this month so I am definitely back for February. Even though I beat my goal of 100 miles last month, I am going to keep it as my goal because February is shorter. If I beat it again, then I will raise it for next time.

So 100 miles for February!!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Never done this before but I'm in! My goal is running 125 miles for Feb !

Dawn
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Count me in again for February - - - I'll try for 50 miles this month.
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Options
    Getting a FitBit so can finally count my distance accurately. Don't know what I can do just yet so going to just go for 50 miles.
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am new at this but this sounds interesting. I will make a goal of 50 miles for February.
  • lazykerry
    lazykerry Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feel silly with such a low goal compared to everyone else... but, I plan to run 40 miles in February.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,941 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100. Welcome newbies and welcome back to all my dear *kitten* moving friends. Thanks Denise and Dinos for keeping this challenge going.
  • trking86
    trking86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in with a goal of 40 miles in Feb.
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Definitely in for this. I'll come up with my goal after some calculations tonight.
  • chocolatierswife
    chocolatierswife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    completely new to all this. will aim for 40 miles.
  • flanary888
    flanary888 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am new, but I am IN!! I will aim for 50 miles total!

exercise.png
  • flanary888
    flanary888 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am new, but I am IN!! I will aim for 50 miles total!

exercise.png
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is 70 miles
  • Nhh2012
    Nhh2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i'm going for 45 miles