Probably going to get slammed for this, but...

Options

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    OP demonstrates why women will never rule the world.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    or it could be so simple as her not thinking that at all and actually thinking you look great! See what a positive spin can do when mind reading? :wink: :drinker: Weight isn't the only thing that shows how we're doing, perhaps life is going great in other areas in one's life. I say if someone says "You look Great!" take it at face value and feel good about yourself, someone saw something in you and shared that with you! Sounds like a compliment to me:happy:

I think sometimes we as humans read far too much into something someone says, when really, the words they said are exactly what they meant!:flowerforyou:
    PSH WOMEN! We have got to be the most vindictive species on the planet...
    Hm... seems this thread doesn't indicate that, some don't see this incident the same as the OP. Saying ALL women are vindictive is not close to accurate in my opinion, in fact it is a ludicrous statement & merely reinforces stereotypes.rolleyes.gif
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    If only people could read my mind and always told me what I wanted to hear. GAH, PEOPLE SUCK :explode:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm going to venture a guess that she's probably just as self conscious about herself as you are about yourself ... and even though she probably feels good about her progress, I'm sure, as your friend, she always thinks you look great. I mean, if she hasn't seen you in a while, she may not have noticed your gain at all, and is more focused on the fact that it was nice to see an old friend.

But, I also get the feeling that women would have a lot less trouble with 'vindictive' 'backstabbing' behavior if they stopped assuming everything another woman said and did was out of nastiness and spite.

This.

Plus, OP, you mentioned you were "probably going to get slammed for this"; any chance you had a second thought of, "Well, maybe my friend really wasn't being mean and vindictive?"
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    She could be like me and see less fault in others and more in herself so her feeling good about herself gleaned over into her thoughts about you, thinking you looked good.

What she said.^^^^^
  • scarlet_afire
    Options
    ^ What she said. She might not have been being cruel or vindictive (I assume you wouldn't have been friends with her if she was that mean-spirited naturally) and really did just think that you looked well. Maybe your makeup looked really great that day or you were having a good hair day. Telling someone they look good isn't necessarily about their weight, you know?
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    maybe in her eyes you do look good.... :noway:

Yep!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    she sounds like a REAL B!TCH
  • mommamills
    Options
    lol....this is kinda funny. While we all go on and on about how we want honesty you have got to be full of the brown squirty stuff to say that you would rather hear how fat you are!! Seriously? We know when we put on even a lb and no one enjoys gaining, let alone do we need someone to tell us! And there are other aspects of life that can contribute to your looks other than weight. Maybe she actually thought you looked good.

Maybe you should just quit hatin and let her success motivate you to work harder...just a thought. Good luck. :wink:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    How dare she compliment you.....She's a total hag. :huh:
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    sounds like she struck a guilty nerve there as well. don't feel bad about it, do something about it!! #ImJustSaying
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm going to venture a guess that she's probably just as self conscious about herself as you are about yourself ... and even though she probably feels good about her progress, I'm sure, as your friend, she always thinks you look great. I mean, if she hasn't seen you in a while, she may not have noticed your gain at all, and is more focused on the fact that it was nice to see an old friend.

But, I also get the feeling that women would have a lot less trouble with 'vindictive' 'backstabbing' behavior if they stopped assuming everything another woman said and did was out of nastiness and spite.
    ^This. All of this.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    So do you want to get slammed or not?
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    LOLZ CHIX LOLZ
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    understanding-women.jpeg
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    You're upset she was pleasant to you? *Gasp* that *****. Seriously your bitter and need to get over it.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Factor in hair, makeup, and clothing, and you may, in fact, have looked great. Gaining (or losing) weight is not the be-all/end-all of your appearance.
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yeah-- my ex mother in law used to like it when I carrieda little extra weight too... especially in my hips... go figure?
  • clhous03
    Options
    "Guys NEVER have this problem...we just don't care."

I'm calling BS on that.

When my husband and I first got married, he put on about 30 pounds. He was extremely thin to start with, 5'10" and 130 pounds, so 30 extra pounds looked GOOD on him, but he was self-conscious about it. I was shocked by how often his male friends would comment, "Wow, you've really put on some weight." It bothered him, and I mean REALLY bothered him. He's back down to 155 now and has told me several times how he hates that he'll never have a 27-inch waist again.

Don't project, dude. Men get harrassed about their weight, too, just not as often as women. And they are equally concerned about their appearance.
  • Dani76babi
    Dani76babi Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I could tell by the way she said it and how she spent the next few minutes describing how she got in shape that what she said was just a back-handed compliment.

Or, you could be more self-conscious of your weight, and be negatively projecting your insecurities of your weight onto her happiness in getting fit?

FYI: There's been quite a few psychological studies on the attractiveness of friends to other friends. You guys said you used to be close friends. She hadn't seen you in awhile. She was probably feeling good and more positive with her own success.

She probably did think you looked good.

^^^^^ Totally this.