How many hours per week do you workout?

Options

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Usually 5-6 hours, most of it running. I'm trying to get more regular about doing strengthening and core work, so today tried out a Pilates class that I'll probably continue with. But I'm also going to boost my running mileage a bit over the next couple of months (training for a half marathon, and have bigger goals in the future).
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    6-8 hours
  • hectoremilio
    hectoremilio Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yoga: 30-36 mins per day (6 times a week)
    Cardio: 30 mins x day (6 times a week)
    Bodyweight: 45 mins x day (6 times a week)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Lift: 3 hours
    Cardio: 4-5 hours
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I lift aprox 2 - 2 1/2 hrs per week and cardio 3 - 4 hrs per week. Calculating it really makes me think I need to step up the lifting !! lol
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well, I usually do some cardio then the 30DS, 6 days a week. I spend anywhere from 20 - 60 min on cardio, depending on what time I have allotted. I average 40 according to my reports, each day (I always try to do something). Last week I did 285 minutes.
  • sonyagruman
    Options
    I do cardio for at least one hour 6 days a week about 30min for strength 6 days a week
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Cardio: 90 minutes

Kickboxing: 120 minutes

Lifting: 180 minutes

Total: 6.5 hours
  • chelchelt
    chelchelt Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I do around 6 hours a week
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I try to workout 5 days a week.

I lift 3 x 30. Before those lifting sessions, I do 20 minutes of cardio. 10 minutes of yoga/pilates as a cool down. On the off days (2), I do 45 minutes of cardio (usually cycling) and 10 minutes of yoga/pilates as a cool down. I take two rest days but will generally go on these days to walk the dogs or run around at the park. I never keep track of that stuff though.

So
    1.5hr lifting
    2.5hr cardio
    100min yoga/pilates
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    12-15 plus maintenance lifting.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Gosh! I feel like a serious slacker!

HIIT - 20-30 minutes x2
    Steady state cardio (in the gym) - 30 minutes x1
    Lifting heavy - 30-40 minutes x3
    (Basically three one hour gym sessions)

Also
    Brisk walking - 40-60 minutes x5 or x6
    Dancing like a crazy person - 90 minutes x1

It does add up, though. I've been making a conscious effort to take the stairs more (averaging 30 flights a day) and the walking is what I do at lunchtimes.
  • 2013queen
    Options
    Mon- pump, combat
    Tues- CX, combat or swim, balance
    Weds-gym for an hour, yoga
    Thurs-CX, pump

Try and fit more on, but that's usual, so 8 hours.
  • flutterbug123
    flutterbug123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian michaels 30 day shred 5 out of the 7 days for 30 min.
    So 2 1/2 hours a week
  • catrunsintowindow
    catrunsintowindow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Haha, I am such a slacker compared to y'all.

I do pole once per week (hour long class), gymnastics once per week (an hour and a half), and then try to do something active at least twice more in that week. That could mean yoga, going to the gym, going for a run, or heading out for a day of snowboarding.

I've really just been concentrating on my eating lately, I figure if I can get that to where I want it to be, a more structured exercise routine can come later.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I do crossfit 5x/wk and the workouts range from 20-45min. So roughly 1hr and 40mins to almost 4hrs a week.
  • mwilson5377
    Options
    15 minute warm up, running/jogging/walking 1.50 - 1.75 miles 4 times a week before lifting
    Lift 4 times a week for 50 minutes, concentrating on one muscle group, legs, back, chest, arms
    50 minutes of fat burn exercises i.e. treadmill set at varied inclines and 3.5 - 4.0 speed.
    Break in the middle and at end of fat burn and incorporate core exercises, weighted and non weighted.
    Critique diet daily, obtain calorie goal depending on off day and workout day, de load, etc.

Good Luck!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I only run--about 6.5-7 hrs a week (5 days)
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Based on what I read, you're pretty maxed out for time spent in the gym. And it's good you've added strength training to a heavy cardio work out. Try to mix up the type of cardio you do so your body doesn't adapt. Also, steady state cardio will break down your muscle growth, so mix it up with some interval training, HIIT, plyometrics, tabata...stuff like that ;)

I'll do an hour of strength and 30 min cardio about five days a week, cus I'm more concerned with building muscle.

Good luck! You're doing great :) Make sure you're eating enough food to fuel that training or your wear yourself out :)
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do Cardio only....about 45-60mins and 5-6x a week.