• harlychic
    Options
    great job on the loss :)
  • swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Its such a wonderful feeling getting stronger
    It sure is!!

Had a great time with Legs and Back today! Some good progress. My HRM only went off twice, during the leg routines. And I also did a full set of leg squats, though I'm not down to 90 degrees yet. Feels great!

I'm still getting a good heart workout with these routines. Even with my struggles I burned around 700 cals according to my HRM.

Tomorrow is my favorite, KenpoX.

Oh! And I forgot to mention two days ago... I HIT THE HALFWAY POINT!! WOO HOO!

Two more days to finish out week 7 and then I'm into "recovery" week, lol.
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    You are doing awesome and getting better and stronger all the time. It's a great feeling I agree. Kenpo is also my favorite routine and I also love Chest and Back and Arms and Shoulders...the Glamour muscles as Tony calls them.
  • jLynn1998
    Options
    This is great! I started P90X in the summer but when I had to take a break I never went back to it. I need a better workout area. But maybe I can start again....
  • pat_asai
    pat_asai Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! P90X has changed my life around. Love this program. I'm on day 26 of my 3 round. I can't get enough of it! It definitly will show you how to live a healthy lifestyle. Bring it!
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Kenpo was always the highlight for me, too! :)

Week 8 for you, Swash! Right around the corner! you'll like it, but remember patience. After going so hard, its sometimes difficult to switch gears and bring it down a notch. (I find it hard)

Week 9 is coming for me, ready to bring it!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Today was a great session of Kenpo. I only had to pause my HRM twice. I even made it through many of the kicks without pausing!! Still doing half of the X-jacks. But it's feeling like a routine now, which is good.

Looking forward to the Stretch tomorrow!

I'm in bit of a hurry today, hope you don't mind me keeping this one short. :)

Cheers!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Whew, adjusting to married life again after being apart from my family for three months. There has been a lot of stress from jet lagged kids waking up in the middle of the night, and old habits are creeping back in, but I am determined to stick with this program.

XStretch was really great today. I really needed that.

So, I'm heading into the recovery week of Phase 2. Time has really flown by. One thing I've learned is that if you focus on daily fitness and you develop a routine alongside your other daily routines, before you know it you've made progress in areas that may have seemed overwhelming or so far away.

I didn't lose any weight again this week. I'm beginning to think it's the damned sodium. I find it difficult to break even on that nearly every day. Or maybe my BMR is lower than MFP thinks. I sure have been making full effort at logging things properly, so I know my caloric intake is correct.

I'm going to really try and get the sodium down this week and keep everything else constant.

So, here's to week 8! Be fit for today, everyday!
  • harlychic
    Options
    bump
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Whew. Another crazy day here. It's 11PM here and I just finished my YogaX. Getting the 1.5 hours in was tricky today. I had some work pressures that hit early in the day and it sort of threw my whole schedule off.

As for the yoga, it was an ok day, I guess. Not my best, not my worst. I really put my all into it, but seems like I just wasn't at my best. Maybe because it was so late in the day. I really did push myself at the yoga belly stuff though. That seemed to go better than usual.

I still feel like I'm trying to find a new groove with my family back. So far my wife has been very supportive.

I'm definitely going to try and hit Core Synergistics early tomorrow morning.

I'm glad I worked out today :)
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Nice Job!

Schedule is always the most difficult, but think of it as scheduling your me time. Just make sure when you give your self time, you dont neglect to her her have some me time too.

Make sure you keep drinking tons of water!
  • harlychic
    Options
    great job getting it done with all the bumps in the road
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You're my hero right now.

I've been working on the p90x for about a month now.. I can finally make it through one video without pausing. Huge accomplishment. I'm still working on keeping pace with them, I tend to go much slower and get less reps in and generally feel like I'm going to die by the time I'm done but I'm still getting through them.

I even have a couple of muscles where there was only flab before. It's amazing.
  • swashburn3
    Options
    You're my hero right now.

I've been working on the p90x for about a month now.. I can finally make it through one video without pausing. Huge accomplishment. I'm still working on keeping pace with them, I tend to go much slower and get less reps in and generally feel like I'm going to die by the time I'm done but I'm still getting through them.

I even have a couple of muscles where there was only flab before. It's amazing.

Awesome!! This is how you do it! Just keep doing your best, and doing it every day!

Today was a fantastic day of Core Synergistics! I didn't have to pause the video until I hit the Steam Engine which is more than halfway through the video!

I still struggle with the pushups, Prison Cell, Walking and Plank to Chaturanga Run. I also consider the Dreya Roll part of the bonus round, which I'm skipping until I can do the whole video reasonably well.

Still, my heart rate stays well into my zone and I burned 616 calories.

I'm still in recovery week, so next up is KenpoX!
  • harlychic
    Options
    burned 616 calories in recovery week that is great
  • swashburn3
    Options
    burned 616 calories in recovery week that is great
    One of the few benefits of being a fat man, lol.

Had a great KenpoX today! I had to pause three times, in the kick section again, and there were times I had to really hustle during the breaks to keep my heart rate up.

And I'm feeling great!

Next up is X Stretch.
  • harlychic
    Options
    That is awesome I still take breaks also. Some days are bodies can just do more than other days. :ohwell:
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Had a great XStretch earlier today! Very relaxing.

I've been feeling the recovery week aches and stretching like this really helps things.

So, I'm almost done with Phase 2! I'm seeing more muscles when I look in the mirror! And I'm running around with my sons at the park, without getting too winded, has been great too.

Looking forward to CardioX tomorrow.
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I had a great time with CardioX today. I'm fighting a cold and I woke up really sore this morning.

Now I've learned better. I know if I wake up sore, I NEED TO DO A WORKOUT! :D

I babied myself through the exercises, pausing after each exercise. My breathing is kind of wonky because of the cold, but I made it through and I feel a lot better now.

So, only two more days of Phase 2!! Just yoga tomorrow and then stretch on sunday.

I'm not sure what to expect for yoga tomorrow if I'm still sick, but I'm going to bring what I've got!

Be fit every day!
  • harlychic
    Options
    Remember to take care of yourself